MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

Starting to think towards 2025, just because. Obviously, without knowing and watching the new Star Wars media that is being released later this year and early into 2025, it is hard to predict probably a quarter of the sets, minimum. Given that, I’d expect 3 Acolyte sets, 1 Andor set, and maybe another Skeleton Crew set. For the remainder of the sets, we will definitely see Revenge of the Sith content, and then I think it’s pretty unknown what we might get given what exists currently. 

If TPM 25th anniversary of sets is something to go by, I do think we will get a wide variety of sets. I’m very confident we will see Obi-Wan’s red Jedi Interceptor, even though I’d prefer blue. I think a Brickheadz pack, a mid-scale Venator, and atleast one diorama is very likely. In terms of diorama’s, I think 2 is a real possibility because of the plethora of iconic scenes: Mustafar, Senate Duel, Palpatine’s Arrest, Utapau duel. Then, hopefully we will get atleast one more playscale set to accompany Obi-Wan’s Interceptor. Personally, I’d love to see accurate Utapau Troopers, but in truth it could be anything that can be classed as iconic. We might even see an Anakin Mech or something like that, who knows. 

I am going to predict we might see a couple more Ahsoka sets. I would be very surprised if we don’t get a NightTrooper Battle Pack. I personally don’t see Thrawn’s Destroyer because of the lineup for the Peridea set. I’d love to see Baylan’s ship, but I think that’s unlikely for a multitude of reasons. 

Then we move to the Original Trilogy. Again, I see them dominating the UCS lineup, despite ROTS’s anniversary. I fancy a B-Wing and an Imperial Shuttle as predictions. In terms of playscale sets, I am surprised Endor has had such little attention. Could we see more Jabba sets? Or are we back to a Landspeeder? Who knows! 

Personally, I’d love Bad Batch S3 sets. Do I think it’s likely? Not really. Something with a new version of Omega would probably be the likeliest. Maybe the villain ship from this week’s episodes to allow us to get Crosshair too? 

In terms of diorama’s and mid-scale ships, I think ROTS will dominate. I do think we will see other mid-scale ships in 2025, though. My guess is a Slave One and a GR-75 Transport. 

Finally, Young Jedi Adventures will probably yield another 4+ set. 

Id love to hear what people are expecting in the near future, I think it’s super hard. 

18 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Starting to think towards 2025, just because. Obviously, without knowing and watching the new Star Wars media that is being released later this year and early into 2025, it is hard to predict probably a quarter of the sets, minimum. Given that, I’d expect 3 Acolyte sets, 1 Andor set, and maybe another Skeleton Crew set. For the remainder of the sets, we will definitely see Revenge of the Sith content, and then I think it’s pretty unknown what we might get given what exists currently. 

If TPM 25th anniversary of sets is something to go by, I do think we will get a wide variety of sets. I’m very confident we will see Obi-Wan’s red Jedi Interceptor, even though I’d prefer blue. I think a Brickheadz pack, a mid-scale Venator, and atleast one diorama is very likely. In terms of diorama’s, I think 2 is a real possibility because of the plethora of iconic scenes: Mustafar, Senate Duel, Palpatine’s Arrest, Utapau duel. Then, hopefully we will get atleast one more playscale set to accompany Obi-Wan’s Interceptor. Personally, I’d love to see accurate Utapau Troopers, but in truth it could be anything that can be classed as iconic. We might even see an Anakin Mech or something like that, who knows. 

I am going to predict we might see a couple more Ahsoka sets. I would be very surprised if we don’t get a NightTrooper Battle Pack. I personally don’t see Thrawn’s Destroyer because of the lineup for the Peridea set. I’d love to see Baylan’s ship, but I think that’s unlikely for a multitude of reasons. 

Then we move to the Original Trilogy. Again, I see them dominating the UCS lineup, despite ROTS’s anniversary. I fancy a B-Wing and an Imperial Shuttle as predictions. In terms of playscale sets, I am surprised Endor has had such little attention. Could we see more Jabba sets? Or are we back to a Landspeeder? Who knows! 

Personally, I’d love Bad Batch S3 sets. Do I think it’s likely? Not really. Something with a new version of Omega would probably be the likeliest. Maybe the villain ship from this week’s episodes to allow us to get Crosshair too? 

In terms of diorama’s and mid-scale ships, I think ROTS will dominate. I do think we will see other mid-scale ships in 2025, though. My guess is a Slave One and a GR-75 Transport. 

Finally, Young Jedi Adventures will probably yield another 4+ set. 

Id love to hear what people are expecting in the near future, I think it’s super hard. 

I've been thinking the same thing about Episode 3 sets! Based on what we've had this year, the rule I've used is 1-2 playsets, a buildable character, a midi-scale ship, and a diorama. My ideal lineup would be something like this:

• Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Interceptor (£29.99) w/ Obi-Wan, R4-G9, and a Pau'an
  • Palpatine's Arrest Remake (£79.99) w/ Anakin, Mace, Palpatine, Kit Fisto, Saesae Tiin, and Agen Kolar
  • Buildable General Grievous (£149.99) w/ General Grievous
  • Midi-scale Venator (£46.99)
  • Mustafar Duel Diorama (£89.99) w/ Anakin and Obi-Wan

I also think we could expect something similar for Episode 7's 10th anniversary next year, although the furthest I've got with ideas for that is a buildable BB-8.

It seems like there isn't a lot of new content next year for LEGO to focus on, so I think both anniversaries will get at least something, with a bit of OT thrown in as well so that everyone's happy

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Shows aside, this is what I would like to see in the first half of next year.

January

Jedi Interceptor Microfighter (£12.99): green variant starfighter with sith eyed Anakin. 

AT RT microfighter (£12.99): minifigure scale AT RT with 41st scout trooper.

Imperial Stormtrooper patrol battlepack (£18.99): 3 stormtroopers, 1 stormtrooper Commander with plastic pauldron. Build would be a imperial checkpoint. (Ties in with Andor S2 and enables kids to garrison their Death Star playset)

Arc-170 (£79.99): Kit Fisto, Oddball, Clone navy officer and Clone pilot.

March

Buildable BB8 (£59.99): BB8 and Jakku Pow Dameron.

First Order Assault Lander (£59.99): 2x first order stormtrooper, Finn, Old Han, first order flame trooper and Captain Phasma.

MIDI-scale TPM Republic Frigate (£69.99)

Midi-Scale Venator (£69.99) 

May

Star Destroyer Bridge Diorama (£99.99): Admiral Piett, Vader, Captain Needa and 4 imperial crewmen. (Quote being “Good, our first catch of the day.”)

Attack on Nima outpost (£29.99): Rey, BB8, Jakku thug, FO Heavy Stormtrooper.  Build is Rey’s speeder and Nima outpost arch. 

Grievous Chase (£69.99): Obi-Wan, Grievous, Commander Cody, 212th airborne and 2 battle droids. (Build is Greivous’s wheel bike and Obi-wan’s Boga.)

Battle of Kasheeyk (£49.99): Commander Gree, 41st scout trooper, Tarful, Yoda and 3x kasheeyk battle droids. Builds would be Corporate alliance tank droid and a wookie catamaran.

UCS Anakin and Obi-wan Jedi interceptors. (£239.99)

Is this a good estimated guess? And would you guys want to see this wave?

41 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Shows aside, this is what I would like to see in the first half of next year.

January

Jedi Interceptor Microfighter (£12.99): green variant starfighter with sith eyed Anakin. 

AT RT microfighter (£12.99): minifigure scale AT RT with 41st scout trooper.

Imperial Stormtrooper patrol battlepack (£18.99): 3 stormtroopers, 1 stormtrooper Commander with plastic pauldron. Build would be a imperial checkpoint. (Ties in with Andor S2 and enables kids to garrison their Death Star playset)

Arc-170 (£79.99): Kit Fisto, Oddball, Clone navy officer and Clone pilot.

March

Buildable BB8 (£59.99): BB8 and Jakku Pow Dameron.

First Order Assault Lander (£59.99): 2x first order stormtrooper, Finn, Old Han, first order flame trooper and Captain Phasma.

May

Star Destroyer Bridge Diorama (£99.99): Admiral Piett, Vader, Captain Needa and 4 imperial crewmen. (Quote being “Good, our first catch of the day.”)

Attack on Nima outpost (£29.99): Rey, BB8, Jakku thug, FO Heavy Stormtrooper.  Build is Rey’s speeder and Nima outpost arch. 

Grievous Chase (£69.99): Obi-Wan, Grievous, Commander Cody, 212th airborne and 2 battle droids. (Build is Greivous’s wheel bike and Obi-wan’s Boga.)

Battle of Kasheeyk (£49.99): Commander Gree, 41st scout trooper, Tarful, Yoda and 3x kasheeyk battle droids. Builds would be Corporate alliance tank droid and a wookie catamaran.

UCS Anakin and Obi-wan Jedi interceptors. (£239.99)

Is this a good estimated guess? And would you guys want to see this wave?

I'd be happy to see almost anything on the list you've made but the UCS Jedi Interceptors is my absolute dream set. I don't buy UCS ships, but that would be one of my exceptions

4 hours ago, G_Brickley said:

I've been thinking the same thing about Episode 3 sets! Based on what we've had this year, the rule I've used is 1-2 playsets, a buildable character, a midi-scale ship, and a diorama. My ideal lineup would be something like this:

• Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Interceptor (£29.99) w/ Obi-Wan, R4-G9, and a Pau'an
  • Palpatine's Arrest Remake (£79.99) w/ Anakin, Mace, Palpatine, Kit Fisto, Saesae Tiin, and Agen Kolar
  • Buildable General Grievous (£149.99) w/ General Grievous
  • Midi-scale Venator (£46.99)
  • Mustafar Duel Diorama (£89.99) w/ Anakin and Obi-Wan

I also think we could expect something similar for Episode 7's 10th anniversary next year, although the furthest I've got with ideas for that is a buildable BB-8.

It seems like there isn't a lot of new content next year for LEGO to focus on, so I think both anniversaries will get at least something, with a bit of OT thrown in as well so that everyone's happy

4 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I'd love a Palpatine's Arrest remake but my fear is that they would skip Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar and only focus on the main characters, especially if the set came in the form of a diorama.

Regardless on whether we see Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Interceptor or General Grievous Chase in the near future (or even another General Grievous Starfighter remake) I do hope one of them comes with Tion Meddon. He's one of the few notable ROTS characters we still haven't gotten yet. The MagnaGuards are due for an update as well since we haven't seen them since around 2008 in the early waves of the Clone Wars.

Legends Wave

Mara Jade’s Z-95 (£49.99): Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo.

Muunilinst 10 republic gunship (£139.99): Captain Fordo, Clone armour Obiwan, 2 ARC troopers and 2 ARC trooper pilots.

Republic AT XT (£39.99): Arc Trooper Alpha, Anakin Skywalker, P1 Clone Gunner and a P1 clone trooper.

Force Unleashed Imperial Dropship (£79.99): Starkiller, Battle damaged Vader, Shadow guard, 2 Phase III 501st troopers and a Phase III 501st commander.

Republic Commando Minifigure Pack: Boss, Sev, Fixer and Scorch. (Build is a Dwarf Spider Droid and Bacta station)

K-Wing (£69.99): Admiral Wedge Antilles, Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker and Admial Paelleon.

These good ideas? And do you guys have any other things from Legends you would like to see?

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Legends Wave

Mara Jade’s Z-95 (£49.99): Mara Jade, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo.

Muunilinst 10 republic gunship (£139.99): Captain Fordo, Clone armour Obiwan, 2 ARC troopers and 2 ARC trooper pilots.

Republic AT XT (£39.99): Arc Trooper Alpha, Anakin Skywalker, P1 Clone Gunner and a P1 clone trooper.

Force Unleashed Imperial Dropship (£79.99): Starkiller, Battle damaged Vader, Shadow guard, 2 Phase III 501st troopers and a Phase III 501st commander.

Republic Commando Minifigure Pack: Boss, Sev, Fixer and Scorch. (Build is a Dwarf Spider Droid and Bacta station)

K-Wing (£69.99): Admiral Wedge Antilles, Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker and Admial Paelleon.

These good ideas? And do you guys have any other things from Legends you would like to see?

Would love such a wave, the only things missing for me are ways to get Kyle Katarn and Cade Skywalker

On 4/5/2024 at 6:42 PM, G_Brickley said:

Buildable General Grievous (£149.99) w/ General Grievous

I thought about Grievous, too. Just feels like a pipe dream, but it would look incredible! 

Forgot about TFA’s 10 anniversary - I’d love to see a more complete version of Maz Kanata’s Castle with some cool alien moulds. 

On 4/5/2024 at 7:33 PM, CloneCommando99 said:

May

Love these ideas! 

On 4/5/2024 at 11:50 PM, wesker said:

I'd love a Palpatine's Arrest remake but my fear is that they would skip Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar and only focus on the main characters, especially if the set came in the form of a diorama.

Yeah agreed, no chance Lego releases all those figures these days. 

On 4/5/2024 at 11:50 PM, wesker said:

I have the same fear, although I must admit that Kit is the only one of the three that I'd really want. I could also understand the choice to skip them since they do nothing in the scene

19 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I thought about Grievous, too. Just feels like a pipe dream, but it would look incredible! 

Forgot about TFA’s 10 anniversary - I’d love to see a more complete version of Maz Kanata’s Castle with some cool alien moulds. 

It would! I'd love to see what techniques they'd use, especially for building his head

Maz's Castle would defo be a lovely chance for some unique alien designs (Sidon Ithano springs to mind). I'd also suggest a Starkiller Base playset if we weren't already getting something similar with the Death Star this year

I know I'm probably in the minority with this, but I wish LEGO would release sets with a greater variety of named characters--as opposed to so many that focus on various types of clone troopers / stormtroopers. 

I've been playing through LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga again, and it just reminds me of how many of these characters have either never been released as minifigures, or have been released once many years ago and now go for insane amounts of money on the aftermarket.

Here are some of the characters I would love for LEGO to release (or rerelease):

• Boss Nass
  • Zam Wesell
  • Queen Amidala (any of her Phantom Menace costumes)
  • Aayla Secura
  • Count Dooku
  • Lando Calrissian (Bespin attire)
  • Kit Fisto
  • Babu Frik

What ships/vehilces have not been produced by Lego for the Original Trilogy (with screen time) yet?

Capital Ships:

Produced - Death Star, Death Star II, Executor, Star Destroyer, Tantive IV, Nebulon B, (Home One sort of )

Not produced - Mon Cal cruiser, Rebel Transport

Fighters:

Produced - Imperial Landing Craft, Falcon, Tie Fighter, Tie advanced, X wing, Y wing,  Tie Bomber, Tie interceptor, A wing, Imperial Shuttle, B wing, Slave 1

Not Produced - Tie Shuttle

Vehicles 

Produced - Cloud Car, AT-AT, AT-ST, Snowspeeder, Jabba's sail barge, Skiff, Lukes Landspeeder, Speeder Bike, T-16, V-35 speeder, Sand Crawler, 

not produced - Flare S swoop

Am I missing any ships/vehicles with screen time in the original trilogy?  I think the only ones lego has not made are the mon cal cruiser, rebel transport, tie shuttle, and flare S swoop.  I would say these are all on my wishlist with the rebel transport at the top.

3 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Am I missing any ships/vehicles with screen time in the original trilogy?  I think the only ones lego has not made are the mon cal cruiser, rebel transport, tie shuttle, and flare S swoop.  I would say these are all on my wishlist with the rebel transport at the top.

I think that you got them all. However one more OT era capital ship that should be made is the Interdictor class star destroyer. 

On another note, I’ve been researching Star Wars Legions recently and been thinking that it would be absolutely dope if Lego started a Star Wars table top war game series. Even if not, Lego should do some sort of faction starter pack series on top of battlepacks to make it easier for kids to have a starting amount of Troops.

Imperial Starter Pack: 4-8 stormtroopers, 2 heavy troopers, 2 scout troopers, 1 stormtrooper commander and Vader. Small imperial bunker build and speeder bike. (Comes with stat cards for each unit.)

Rebel Starter Pack: 4-8 Rebel Endor commandos, 2 fleet troopers, 2 Battlefront 2 rebel heavy troopers, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker. Battlefront supply camp build and speeder bike.

Republic Starter Pack: 4-8 P1 clone troopers, 2 P1 clone heavy troopers, 2 Arf Troopers, P1 Commander Cody and Armoured General Kenobi. Minifigure scale AT RT and Barc speeder builds with a small battlefront 2 republic field station (cargo crates and command post)

Droids don’t need one as they are in great quantity when included in other sets.

This a good idea or should my cooking license be revoked?

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

This a good idea or should my cooking license be revoked?

Name your price...then we'll talk. :laugh: I'd only be in it for the minifigs, but definitely a solid idea.

Some odd ideas I've been cooking up:

GR-75 Rebel Transport ($149.99): A pseudo-UCS set, similar to 2019's Tantive IV. Top can be taken off to expose an interior filled with seats (with plates added in front of each one to allow for backpacks), and a small bridge area/console towards the front. General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, Bren Derlin, R-3PO, Wes Janson (:innocent:), 2x Hoth Rebel Troopers (All-White Uniforms with backpacks), Echo Base Soldier (Dark Tan Jacket without backpack). Includes a Tauntaun on the side.

Jedi Battle Pack ($19.99): Yes, I know, another named character, single purchase "Battle Pack", but hear me out: Kit Fisto (*New olive green molded head), Plo Koon (*New molded head), Shaak Ti, Bultar Swan. Builds are two Droidekas, and a mini command station. New alien parts can be used for both their Jedi as well as Rebel troops, civilians, etc. Torsos can be reused to create multiple new Jedi. Better Droidekas than...whatever that tiny thing is in the new set. :grin:

Elite Clone Troopers Battle Pack ($29.99): 2x 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper, 2x 104th Battalion "Wolfpack" Clone Trooper, 2x B1 Battle Droid. Build is a Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

ARC-170 Starfighter ($69.99): Captain Jag, Clone Pilot, R4-P44, Commander Wolffe, Neimoidian Soldier, 3x Buzz Droid (new mold).

Rebel Commandos Battle Pack ($19.99): Battlefront II inspired. Includes human male Assault class, human male Heavy class, Quarren male Heavy class, Zabrak female Specialist class. Includes a two-seater speeder bike and a command post.

Clone Wars 2008 remake sets (a la 75214): All clones are Phase I

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid ($24.99): 2x Battle Droid, 2x Clone Trooper with Jetpack. Would be ignoring the battle pack above.

Clone Walker Battle Pack ($19.99): Clone Commander (with fabric pauldron and kama), 2x Clone Trooper, Clone Gunner.

Count Dooku's Solar Sailor ($49.99): Count Dooku, 2x Magna Guard (New molds), Pilot Droid (2013).

212th Gunship ($149.99): The Crumb Bomber. Commander Cody, Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Clone Trooper, Clone Pilot, Asajj Ventress, 2x Commando Droid.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

GR-75 Rebel Transport ($149.99): A pseudo-UCS set, similar to 2019's Tantive IV. Top can be taken off to expose an interior filled with seats (with plates added in front of each one to allow for backpacks), and a small bridge area/console towards the front. General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, Bren Derlin, R-3PO, Wes Janson (:innocent:), 2x Hoth Rebel Troopers (All-White Uniforms with backpacks), Echo Base Soldier (Dark Tan Jacket without backpack). Includes a Tauntaun on the side.

I would totally get this, even if they dropped a rebel soldier or two and toryn far (we need a bren derlin).  I would still buy it (especially with a Wes janson or a hobbie.  Great set idea and could be a cool second wave to the yavin base, and the competing faction base could be an executor bridge 

On 4/10/2024 at 2:41 AM, jjr_2009 said:

I know I'm probably in the minority with this, but I wish LEGO would release sets with a greater variety of named characters--as opposed to so many that focus on various types of clone troopers / stormtroopers. 

I've been playing through LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga again, and it just reminds me of how many of these characters have either never been released as minifigures, or have been released once many years ago and now go for insane amounts of money on the aftermarket.

Here are some of the characters I would love for LEGO to release (or rerelease):

• Boss Nass
  • Zam Wesell
  • Queen Amidala (any of her Phantom Menace costumes)
  • Aayla Secura
  • Count Dooku
  • Lando Calrissian (Bespin attire)
  • Kit Fisto
  • Babu Frik

You're not the only one. There's so many Star Wars characters I'd rather be seeing than just endless clones all the time. On top of the ones you've mentioned I'd add:

• Shmi Skywalker
  • Padme (Theed Battle, Geonosis Droid Factory and Mustafar costumes)
  • C-3PO (TPM and AOTC variants)
  • Nute Gunray (TPM)
  • Rune Haako
  • Dexter Jettster
  • Tion Meddon
  • Wat Tambor
  • Captain Typho
  • Lama Su
  • Mas Amedda and Sly Moore
  • Sabe
  • Jedi Council members (Yaddle, Yarael Poof, Depa Billaba, Adi Gallia, Oppo Rancisis etc)
  • Jocusta Nu
  • Mother Talzin
  • Duchess Satine
  • Admiral Trench
  • Nala Se
  • Dr. Hemlock
  • Cid
  • Nien Nunb
  • Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool
  • Force Ghosts
  • Galen Erso
  • Dryden Vos
  • Emperor Palpatine (TROS)
  • Seventh Sister
  • Cobb Vanth
  • Axe Woves
  • Carson Teva
  • Migs Mayfeld
  • The Client
  • Dr. Pershing
  • Dedra Meero
  • Bix Calleen
  • Kino Loy
  • Black Krrsantan
  • Cad Bane (TBOBF)
  • The Great Mothers
  • Fallen Order cast

Unfortunately the excess in new media makes it harder for many of these characters to be made as each year passes.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I have no idea how we haven't had the rebel capital ships yet. As a kid I always wanted one to go against my star destroyer. I know they aren't the most iconic vehicles, but they aren't super obscure.

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I think that you got them all. However one more OT era capital ship that should be made is the Interdictor class star destroyer. 

On another note, I’ve been researching Star Wars Legions recently and been thinking that it would be absolutely dope if Lego started a Star Wars table top war game series. Even if not, Lego should do some sort of faction starter pack series on top of battlepacks to make it easier for kids to have a starting amount of Troops.

Imperial Starter Pack: 4-8 stormtroopers, 2 heavy troopers, 2 scout troopers, 1 stormtrooper commander and Vader. Small imperial bunker build and speeder bike. (Comes with stat cards for each unit.)

Rebel Starter Pack: 4-8 Rebel Endor commandos, 2 fleet troopers, 2 Battlefront 2 rebel heavy troopers, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker. Battlefront supply camp build and speeder bike.

Republic Starter Pack: 4-8 P1 clone troopers, 2 P1 clone heavy troopers, 2 Arf Troopers, P1 Commander Cody and Armoured General Kenobi. Minifigure scale AT RT and Barc speeder builds with a small battlefront 2 republic field station (cargo crates and command post)

I came up with some years ago- I want to say 2020. I agree it's a great idea. Here are my suggestions- refined a little:

Rebel Alliance Starter Pack ($79.99): Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Wedge Antilles, 1x rebel crew, 3x rebel fleet trooper. Builds are a T-47 airspeeder, P-tower, an A-wing, and a small rebel command center with crew cart.

Galactic Empire Starter Pack ($79.99): Lord Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn, AT-ST pilot, TIE Pilot, 3x stormtrooper (one with a black pauldron). Builds are an AT-ST, imperial V-wing, death star cannon, E-web, and armory with a small throne for palpatine.

Galactic Republic Starter Pack ($79.99): Anakin Skywaker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano (Anakin and Obi-wan in clone wars armor, Ahsoka in S3-5 outfit), Clone pilot, Clone gunner, and 3x clone troopers (all white armor with black set of antenna, visors, and pauldron). Builds are an AT-RT, Z-95 headhunter, AV-7 cannon, and a bunker/barricade with a holotable.

Separatist Alliance Starter Pack ($79.99): Count Dooku, General Grievous, Asajj Ventress, 2x b1 pilot, 2x b2 battle droid, 4x b1 battle droid. Builds are a vulture droid, AAT, proton cannon, crab droid, and 2x droidika.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I have no idea how we haven't had the rebel capital ships yet. As a kid I always wanted one to go against my star destroyer. I know they aren't the most iconic vehicles, but they aren't super obscure.

I came up with some years ago- I want to say 2020. I agree it's a great idea. Here are my suggestions- refined a little:

Rebel Alliance Starter Pack ($79.99): Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Wedge Antilles, 1x rebel crew, 3x rebel fleet trooper. Builds are a T-47 airspeeder, P-tower, an A-wing, and a small rebel command center with crew cart.

Galactic Empire Starter Pack ($79.99): Lord Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn, AT-ST pilot, TIE Pilot, 3x stormtrooper (one with a black pauldron). Builds are an AT-ST, imperial V-wing, death star cannon, E-web, and armory with a small throne for palpatine.

Galactic Republic Starter Pack ($79.99): Anakin Skywaker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano (Anakin and Obi-wan in clone wars armor, Ahsoka in S3-5 outfit), Clone pilot, Clone gunner, and 3x clone troopers (all white armor with black set of antenna, visors, and pauldron). Builds are an AT-RT, Z-95 headhunter, AV-7 cannon, and a bunker/barricade with a holotable.

Separatist Alliance Starter Pack ($79.99): Count Dooku, General Grievous, Asajj Ventress, 2x b1 pilot, 2x b2 battle droid, 4x b1 battle droid. Builds are a vulture droid, AAT, proton cannon, crab droid, and 2x droidika.

Excellent ideas. But should we consider First Order and Resistance packs…….. Hell No. They wouldn’t sell well anyway.

Now let’s get a criminal underworld starter pack. With Boba Fett, Dengar, Hondo and then a bunch of pirates and thugs. Build being a pirate tank and a fortified section of Jabba’s palace.

7 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I would totally get this, even if they dropped a rebel soldier or two and toryn far (we need a bren derlin).  I would still buy it (especially with a Wes janson or a hobbie.  Great set idea and could be a cool second wave to the yavin base, and the competing faction base could be an executor bridge 

Unfathomably based with the Executor bridge set idea. (Though I could see it more as being a Diorama.)

Honestly I don't think rebel battle packs are very interesting, the rebels aren't shown to have a big army and having an army of imperials against a band of named rebels adds to the underdog effect... However there is one way to make rebel BPs interesting even if it means ignoring on-screen screen depictions of rebel troops. And that is by making a rebel BP simultaneously an Alien species battle pack, the battlefront pack with the Rodian and Duros is the closest they got, but I'm thinking no humans at all.

Hoth rebels. - build based of the spherical ion cannon turret but smaller with snow trenches - Pantoran rebel officer (with one female head and one male head like in the D&D set, in fact all the aliens using regular minifig heads would have this), Faleen rebel sniper, Zabrak Rebel trooper ( with both a hoth rebel hat and a hair/horns part) and an Aqualish rebel trooper.

Endor rebels - an ewok glider build, and a small speeder bike - 2 Ewoks, an Ovissians rebel trooper and an Umbaran rebel trooper.

Plains Rebels - a properly scaled At-Rt that the rebels have taken over, and some storage crates - yellow Twilek rebel pilot, Ithorian rebel officer, green Nikto rebel trooper, Besalisk rebel mechanic.

Desert rebels - scaled down sandspeeder, like a pseudo-mircofighter - Togruta rebel sniper, Miralaran rebel pilot, Neomodian rebel trooper, Kessurian rebel trooper 

Urban rebels - street corner with printed anti-imperial graffiti and a moped type speeder bike - Quaren rebel officer, Cerean rebel trooper, Abyssin rebel commando, Rodian rebel trooper 

Jungle rebels - a tree with lookout tower and a brick built next - Abednedo rebel trooper, Sullustan rebel trooper, Duros rebel jet trooper, Lateron rebel pathfinder.

11 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Honestly I don't think rebel battle packs are very interesting, the rebels aren't shown to have a big army and having an army of imperials against a band of named rebels adds to the underdog effect... However there is one way to make rebel BPs interesting even if it means ignoring on-screen screen depictions of rebel troops.

Yeah I agree that rebel battlepacks aren’t that interesting. The idea of the rebels is that they’re, for the most part, militant civilians so are supposed to look like rag-tag fighters and therefore can, at least the human ones, be made from a mix and match of minifigure parts and a gun. As opposed to the imperial stormtroopers they fight against as stormtroopers have a specific uniform, thus stormtroopers should receive priority in battlepacks over the rebels. 

I do like your alien rebel ideas though.

11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Honestly I don't think rebel battle packs are very interesting, the rebels aren't shown to have a big army and having an army of imperials against a band of named rebels adds to the underdog effect... However there is one way to make rebel BPs interesting even if it means ignoring on-screen screen depictions of rebel troops. And that is by making a rebel BP simultaneously an Alien species battle pack

I would prefer the ratio should be 3:1 for aliens:human. 

All the aliens listed would be great. 

It would also work for a Resistance Battle Pack, namely Ajan Kloss Resistance Forces. An Ovissian Gunner, a Caphex Spy, a Mythrol engineer, and a Human Resistance Soldier would be great. 

Then for the Final Order you could have a Sith Sovereign Protector, Sith Trooper (x2), and a Final Order Technician

Posted (edited)

Hear me out. We're getting a Jabba mold in the upcoming UCS. Maybe the same as before, maybe something new. We already know the figure lineups for the Sail Barge and the Desert Skiff. 

Here's hoping for a Jabba's Palace MBS set that's as exceptional as the Mos Eisley Cantina. Ideally it would have multiple levels, the trapdoor to the Rancor Pit, the Droid torture room, the cell that Han and Chewie are held in, the wall with Han Solo in Carbonite, and an area for Max Rebo's band and seating. Also the gate that crushes the Rancor, and the massive door that 3PO and R2 pass through in the beginning of the film.

TACjabbabandfigs.jpg

Imagine 20+ minifigures with most of, if not the entire Max Rebo band being represented for the first time. A lot of the guests in Jabba's Palace are present in the Sail Barge and Skiff sets, which could open the door to numerous other characters in a Palace collectors set.

moc-108238-the-daimyos-palace-building-b

EqgqKBuXUAEqsra.jpg

Ideally the exterior of the playset would bear a strong resemblance to the silhouette of the palace, with an open view on the opposing side that showcases the various rooms from film.

potjdeluxeamanamanfront.jpg

sw0245ephantmonloose.jpg

Would also love to get these two included in such a set, but I'm unsure how many obscure, single use new molds Lego would be willing to commit to.

Edited by MasterYoshi

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, MasterYoshi said:

Hear me out. We're getting a Jabba mold in the upcoming UCS. Maybe the same as before, maybe something new. We already know the figure lineups for the Sail Barge and the Desert Skiff. 

Here's hoping for a Jabba's Palace MBS set that's as exceptional as the Mos Eisley Cantina. Ideally it would have multiple levels, the trapdoor to the Rancor Pit, the Droid torture room, the cell that Han and Chewie are held in, the wall with Han Solo in Carbonite, and an area for Max Rebo's band and seating. Also the gate that crushes the Rancor, and the massive door that 3PO and R2 pass through in the beginning of the film.

Imagine 20+ minifigures with most of, if not the entire Max Rebo band being represented for the first time. A lot of the guests in Jabba's Palace are present in the Sail Barge and Skiff sets, which could open the door to numerous other characters in a Palace collectors set.

Ideally the exterior of the playset would bear a strong resemblance to the silhouette of the palace, with an open view on the opposing side that showcases the various rooms from film.

Would also love to get these two included in such a set, but I'm unsure how many obscure, single use new molds Lego would be willing to commit to.

this would be a dream come true! although I could never afford such a set haha

Jabba's palace has always been one of my favorite locales from the SW films--and I love specially moulded alien pieces!

Edited by jjr_2009

On 4/11/2024 at 6:14 AM, CloneCommando99 said:

Yeah I agree that rebel battlepacks aren’t that interesting. The idea of the rebels is that they’re, for the most part, militant civilians so are supposed to look like rag-tag fighters and therefore can, at least the human ones, be made from a mix and match of minifigure parts and a gun. As opposed to the imperial stormtroopers they fight against as stormtroopers have a specific uniform, thus stormtroopers should receive priority in battlepacks over the rebels. 

I do like your alien rebel ideas though.

Except for the uniforms we constantly see various Rebel cells adopt... (Alderaan Security, Echo Base, SpecForce, etc.)

The OT shows the Alliance as a fairly organized army, and post-ANH Disney material strengthens the visual consistency of the Rebel Alliance. I'm tired of the narrative that the entire Rebellion was just militiamen and randos.

That said, I am all for more alien species, especially if they'll make variants within each race. I also want the uniforms they wear. :laugh:

Iconic Capital Ships that Lego hasn’t made as UCS, midi-scale or play scale as of yet.

This is purely my wishlist.

UCS Lucrehulk (£299.99): Nute Gunray and Admiral Trench. (Build is in scale with the recent invisible hand.)

Acclamator class assault ship (£129.99): Yoda, Clone Navy officer, 2 P1 clone troopers, P1 Clone captain and P1 clone Lieutenant.

Victory-Class star destroyer (£119.99): Mara Jade, Warlord Zsinj, 2 stormtroopers, Admiral Daala and 2 crewmen.

ISD Chimera (£149.99): Legends Thrawn, Jorus C’baoth, Ezra Bridger, 2x 7th fleet stormtroopers, tactical Red-Guard and Captain Pallaeon. (Based off both canon and legends)

Interdictor Class Star Destroyer (£119.99): Commander Sato, Commander Titus Bromm, Agent Kallus, 2 stormtroopers (disguised Rex and Kanan) and an imperial Gunner.

Midi-Scale Home One (£69.99)

Any other capital ships you guys would like to see?

I like all of those, especially the Chimera. 

Profundity: Admiral Raddus, Rebel Trooper (x2), Caitken, Darth Vader and Blue Leader. 

Midi-scale Raddus

And whilst obviously not a capital ship, I’d love to see the Hammerhead Corvette from Rebels/Rogue One.