Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR FB] Arrival in Wullham

James Macarthur and his son Edward, are new arrivals in Wullham. James, a widower from the rural midlands of Corrington; has decided to settle in Wullham. Hearing of the potential of the island for sheep, he and Edward have spent a month in the Eslandolan settlement of Weelond procuring a small flock of sheep. Now they have arrived in Wullham with their dog, Edgar and two horses. After constructing a small stone house, white washed with flecks of light grey and lavender of the local rock showing through, they are heading up into the hills to fatten up the flock prior to the first shearing season. The lush grassland in the hills should see the flock in good health, and perhaps they will even expand coming breeding season! A soldier of the 26th Regiment of Foot gives way to the flock as they pass.

50951118066_2ab7aef971_c.jpg

Licensed as a medium residence in Wullham.

Just now, caiman0637 said:

Are those- minifigure scale sheep? When did TLG produce those? Anyway, nice MOC!

They are, but unfortunately TLG didn't produce them. They are from BrickForge

Looking good, Ayrlego! Welcome to Wullham!

Glad to see this one get posted up. Great job on the wedge-plate thatched roof. Looks like they found some especially lavender-y rock to build their house from - it's pretty!

I haven't had much luck tracking down lavender quarter round or 1x1 tiles - cool to see those in the build. I love the surface roughness created by the upside down green round plates. I think I will use that on my next green-heavy build :pirate:

Edited by evancelt

I really like what you did with the top of the roof here.  Nice angle between the sloped part and the center (no idea why I like it so much :pir-laugh: ).   Pink flowers are a great touch, together with the sheep they make it look very peaceful!  

Taking notes of roof technique, I also noticed the tan horse from the latest Ideas set, the base and the tree look great too, and it's very daring to use lavender to build your walls.

Beautiful build again. The house fits the settlement style perfectly; I never would've thought to use the lavender on my own and it looks great. The scattered green parts on the base are also an interesting technique. And those sheep! *Insert rant about TLG not offering enough animals here*