Abram Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Vampire Castle

Centuries before his more famous descendant, Abram Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, stalked the mountains of Transylvania looking for, Neferata, the vampire who killed his younger brother. Weeks of traveling and following rumors have brought him to this small castle in the mountains. Perhaps he will have is revenge tonight.

Abram Lincoln, Vampire Hunter Neferata the Vampire

This is the first actual castle I’ve built in quite some time. While not colossal, it is my entry into the Vampire Castle Category of the 2020 Colossal Castle Contest (CCC XVIII).

Vampire Castle MOC

Vampire Castle from the Side  

Window Technique

The hardest part of makin this MOC was getting the stained glass windows to line up. I needed to use some 3185 Fence 1 x 4 x 2 and some 3633 Fence 1 x 4 x 1 pieces as I didn’t have enough of either.

Due to the size restrictions, the windows were 2 studs wide and spaced every two studs. The following images explain how I centered the ‘open’ part of the fense in the gaps.

Side Window SpacingMain Window Spacing (click to enlarge)

The horizontal transparent pieces are required to hold the center sections together.

I am submitting this for The University of Petraeas' Doctorate of Historica program in the following subjects:

• Architecture → Roofing Style 3 (Sideway, Alternating Cheese Slopes)
  • Architecture → Roof rakes
  • Architecture → Advanced windows and window frames

Really cool layout here with the half-attached tower.  The lighting on the first picture is great too!

+1 for the UoP credits!

I like the stained glass.  The color choices look nice together.  The build has that creepy feel in the first picture.  Nice rock work too.