Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Watch this thread go up in flames once the August set list drops :laugh_hard: ...then again, we should be well prepared by now :shrug_oh_well:

Oh my gosh... no! Don’t bomb the thread!!

Well now it’s Page 74, thanks to my post, LOL

Edited by DBlegonerd7

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We haven‘t even seen all set lists for June yet :laugh:

I think we did. I thought that remaining sets are from august wave

18 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

All I can think is that we've set our own trap by making the theme that successful that Lego decides to draw it our for a few more years by throwing in (this hurts to say and I so hope the sets are not that bad) "filler". They will give us what we want in the end, but after they've made us buy the other sets because we're either a) a completionist, b) want the minifigures, or c) just desperate to keep the theme going so that they do give us the sets we want in the end. If they gave us everything now then they would have killed the golden goose so to speak. In the words of C-3PO 'We're doomed.' :angry:

Exactly!

• If i remember correctly Lego planned (plan A) to make around 20 sets for this theme when they started. That is 5 per year for every 2 movies and that was what we basically got in 2018 (the CMF, D2C etc was to give HP/FB a flying start) What happens is that the sets are selling like hot cakes, even better than Lego could have hoped for with 4 of the top10 bestselling sets at Lego that year *huh*
  • So time for plan B make more sets, however that takes time, but they managed to throw together a AC in the last minute, the FB sets did probably not sell as well as HP and the movie is delayed so they managed to give us a couple of HP instead in 2019.
  • The theme are still selling a lot so time for plan C, no way Lego is shooting the golden goose after 4 years, so the 5 sets per 2 movies from plan A do not make any sense any more. Better start saving characters for future minifigs and sets as well, so in 2020 we only get 4 sets from the 5-6 film. However now they have managed to make a new D2C, CMF etc and privet drive that they originally skipped in 2018, in addition someone came up with the smart idea to make Hedwig that do not use up any spots for future minifigs or sets.
  • then time for plan D, give us as few DH sets as possible since that is what a lot want and makes it look like the theme is finished. So 2021 starts of with a hole new January wave; a art set and 4 books that uses no new set and only variants of old figs that we want, so basically giving us something new without giving us something new. Then the June wave is anniversary themed so we get something new and something old, with several new minifigs however only minor characters so DH sets and sought after minifigs is saved for another day. What will august bring? Probably only a few if any DH sets and no DA set, but most likely more new stuff that do not give us sought after sets and minifigs as long as they can avoid it..
  • Next year is probably more of the same maybe a new CMF and D2C in the mix. I am sure everything will look great and we will get insane amounts of unlikely minifigs as time goes, but we are in a marathon now with fan favourite sets and minifigs miles apart from the last one :tongue:
17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Comments made by @Falconfan1414 and me are/were more aimed at what the sets are in comparison to the speculation and predictions being thrown around than the actual quality of the sets.

I am sure the sets are great, just not what we expect :wink:
To me it is better to get hints from leakers that are legit that say that we are not getting what we want. However a lot are "running around like headless chickens" now so it seems like they prefer to get hints from fake leakers that are saying we are getting everything we want (like last year):wacko: 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Star Wars is a REALLY different theme than Harry Potter.

For Harry Potter (usually) we get 2 waves a year - bigger June wave and smaller Aigust wave. There is of course AC in September, but it's a single set. There's also a special January wave this year.

For Star Wars we get around 3-4 waves a year - one in June, one in April / May, one in June / August and if there's a movie, one in September / October. Then there's also AC and 2 UCS sets (usually in May and Autumn).

Quick comparison: in 2020 we got 11 HP sets and 47 SW sets. In 2019 we got 10 HP sets, 61 SW sets. In 2018 we got 13 HP sets, 69 SW sets.

Looks like SW is on a downhill with fewer sets every year, no wonder with the Disney tax and all the re-releases, hopefully HP do not follow in a few years :tongue:

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Marvel sets are still unknown for instance :wink:

Oh you mean other themes... I was talking only about HP

Next year the CMF should be Disney 3 then Harry Potter 3 on 2023 going by the order they followed before. 

I imagine either Marvel or DC will get a CMF per year. The other slot would go to the regular series. And the other will be for Disney-HP and random licenses taking turns

I still hope we get at least a couple of sets to tie into Fantastic Beast as well next year, if the film isn't delayed even further :tongue:. I could see the new setting of Brazil suiting a more adventurous film and (hopefully) some interesting sets crammed full of Fantastic Beasts like the Suitcase!

Do we really need another HP CMF series? Half the figures will just be the trio, Luna, Neville, and Dumbledore anyway now that we're down to 12 figures. I think some of the Series 2 figures were already a bit pointless like Harry's parents. I'm not saying there should never be another series but I would be fine if we had to wait more than 2 years.

3 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Do we really need another HP CMF series?

I think another series would make sense considering the amount of characters and versions we‘re still missing :classic: However, I draw the line at three, a fourth one would be pushing it (especially since we‘d be deep in remake territory by then, if the theme still exists at that point). The reduced number of figs per series shouldn‘t be much of an issue, unless they simply cannot live without new versions of Luna and Neville :tongue:

46 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Do we really need another HP CMF series?

Yes

Rita Skeeter, Mundungus Fletcher, Narcissa Malfoy, Percy Weasley, Bill Weasley, Warewolf Lupin, non POA Sirius, Kreacher, Barty Crouch, Igor Karkaroff, Nymfadora with purple hair, Aberforth Dumbledore, Marge Dursley, Madam Pomfrey, Lockhart with Cornish Pixie, Lee Jordan, Xenophilius Lovegood... should I countinue? Or is that enough to prove you wrong? :laugh:

Edited by Textorix

I welcome as many CMFs as we get, the more the better! Remember they can always pair up Luna and Neville with a great new creature (Baby Thestral and Cornish Pixie) or outfits to compliment sets (Luna's wedding outfit, Neville's DH cardigan).

22 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes

Rita Skeeter, Mundungus Fletcher, Narcissa Malfoy, Percy Weasley, Bill Weasley, Warewolf Lupin, non POS Sirius, Kreacher, Barty Crouch, Igor Karkaroff, Nymfadora with purple hair, Aberforth Dumbledore, Marge Dursley, Madam Pomfrey, Lockhart with Cornish Pixie, Lee Jordan, Xenophilius Lovegood... should I countinue? Or is that enough to prove you wrong? :laugh:

There are definitely a lot of figures that we need new moulds to work and the CMF format is perfect for them! 

If they'd give us the figures we still want in sets I'd be okay with them not doing another CMF set but there are still many figures we need/want including those listed by Textorix.  They could always make us the 4 packs of figures like they did the student pack last year to help fill in what we're missing.  At least that would eliminate the whole blind bag/box thing.  If they keep making sets for a few more years at least we should hopefully get most of the figures we all keep asking for.

First pics of the june wave are out

<Snip>

Edited by Clone OPatra
Can't link to Prelims

That Cat Hermione lol

But she'll be perfect for VIDIYO

Also, that wintery Hogsmeade will be perfect of Winter Village MODs

Edited by Robert8

After all the doom and gloom in this thread, those look ... shrug, not too bad, but not nearly as great as the 2018/19/20 Harry Potter releases.  I was thinking of getting the Forbidden Corridor remake, but pending better pictures I think I'll take it off my wanted list.  I have plenty of sets from the last two years to catch up on anyway.

I can already see that Girls bathroom and Hogwarts expansion can be perfectly work with previous Hogwarts sets if I swap green roof with dark grey. But that great hall will be used for parts and I will put 2018 on rock foundatiom instead.

WOW. 

I know they're just prelims but:

All the builds look good! 

Jumpers in the Forbidden Corridor isn't great. 

Harp looks sick. 

Fluffy seems a little small but molded heads are great. 

CoS looks good from the outside, clearly not a GH remake as the emphasis isn't an external hall structure. 

I wish the turrets were dark grey for my collection but they look good! 

I guess the bathroom set fits underneath the part in the Cos set with two sets of windows. 

I like the CoS door. 

Mrs Flume and Rosmerta have the wrong hair

Edited by Seaber

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Hogsmeade looks pretty great but with Hogwarts sets It almost looks fake to me

That's a pretty good description of them. 

The Hogwarts sets just don't look good at all. What were Lego thinking? 

The heck is this. 

Hogsmeade seems quite decent.   

Appears these prelims dont use any new prints, so that i guess will improve.

Edited by deskp