Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Do we know what it's in the Polybag besides a guaranteed Harry?

No, but Harry isn‘t necessarily guaranteed. For all we know, the polybag could contain a golden minifig :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks, @Salix  :classic:

@THELEGOBATMAN having it available at the lego S@H only made it worse as far as the boards were concerned, because the... accusations? People had claimed lego was reserving the sets for themselves and leaving the shops hung out to dry as they'd already taken orders and told customers they'd be shipping on the first. (Personally I think that depends entirely what was in the contracts, and assume we'll never know.) But the rumour that was how it was being handled (which is apparently correct) was what had given rise to further unpleasantness. If it's a production issue and not available at all, it was deemed easier to stomach, if that makes sense?

At any rate, it's curious.  

Edited by krimimimi

5 hours ago, Salix said:

Krimimimi did say besides LEGO.com. :P

You're right, didn't notice that part. My bad.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Thanks, @Salix  :classic:

@THELEGOBATMAN having it available at the lego S@H only made it worse as far as the boards were concerned, because the... accusations? People had claimed lego was reserving the sets for themselves and leaving the shops hung out to dry as they'd already taken orders and told customers they'd be shipping on the first. (Personally I think that depends entirely what was in the contracts, and assume we'll never know.) But the rumour that was how it was being handled (which is apparently correct) was what had given rise to further unpleasantness. If it's a production issue and not available at all, it was deemed easier to stomach, if that makes sense?

At any rate, it's curious.  

I dunno, it's curious if it's delayed in Germany. 

In my country (Poland, just next to Germany), I could already buy that set in a local shop, and others have it listed as June 1st release.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No, but Harry isn‘t necessarily guaranteed. For all we know, the polybag could contain a golden minifig :shrug_oh_well:

That's rather possible, given the fact that they had 20th anniversary Obi-Wan in a polybag.

16 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

True, true. How about another golden Harry? :P

In my opinion golden quirrel is a very strange outlier until we get golden dumbledore (probably the d2c) and golden draco. At least quirrel is the 1st movies “villain” but having goldemort means they aren’t strictly going year one gold figs. Technically Hagrid is more important as well, but I see a gold hagrid as very unlikely

Amazon UK have some fantastic deals at the moment to the extent that I’m tempted to pick up sets that I already own. These include:

- Umbridge encounter with Grawp down from £25 to £12

- Knight bus down from £35 to £18

- Hogwarts moments Charms class down from £28 to £18

These are the standouts as far as I’m concerned but there’s other good deals there.

Just ordered Polyjuice Potion set at my local store (20% discount so that's good). Just 4 days, I want this set so bad :wub:

First Flying Lesson set is more complicated, as I'll have to get it directly from shop@home - that means no discount, and I'll probably have to wait over a week since June 1st.

My pre-order of the Harry and Hermione set (76393) on LEGO.com shipped this morning. I was surprised. I didn't think LEGO would ship it early. Anyone else have any Harry Potter sets ship yet?

On 5/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, Micmac said:

No sign yet. Kmart started putting out the new friends sets so they are getting in new stuff. Once kmart lists the harry potter stuff as coming soon they can appear in store before the web site but they are usually never my kmarts until a few days later. With the lockdown coming today you might have to click and collect so hopefully saturday might be the earliest. 

Kmart Website has just listed all the Harry Potter Sets. It seems that the chess set must be the only retailer exclusive set here. Unless it just hasn't been posted yet.

21 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Kmart Website has just listed all the Harry Potter Sets. It seems that the chess set must be the only retailer exclusive set here. Unless it just hasn't been posted yet.

Yeah i just checked there. Richmond is the only store that's showing stock near me and its not in my 5 km so hopefully northland will get them in tomorrow. Are you able to pick up near you? Not a massive discount getting them in kmart which is a shame.

Edited by Micmac

On 5/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, Tommy9 said:

I just though I would ask, just in case there were any other people who lived in Melbourne (Australia not Florida). Have you seen any sightings of the new sets. I know last year they came out a couple of days before June 1st, so if anyone does see anything  let me know. I was also wondering if anyone knew what the ‘select retailers’ are for Australia. I want to avoid going to chadstone at any cost, so if it K mart or Big W that would be great.

thanks 

Kmart have them listed on their site, Hopefully you are near a store with stock. 

37 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Yeah i just checked there. Richmond is the only store that's showing stock near me and its not in my 5 km so hopefully northland will get them in tomorrow. Are you able to pick up near you? Not a massive discount getting them in kmart which is a shame.

I'm in TAS. We don't normally get them for another 5-7 days after they are listed. Guessing you are in Victoria given the whole 5km thing! No fun! I was actually surprised how low some of the discounts are. Generally see about 15% discount on price at Kmart compared to LEGO. Better than nothing though I guess. Will hopefully be able to get the minifigure pack when I buy the Daily Bugle. So no other incentive to buy from LEGO at this stage. GWPs at the minute are rubbish.

18 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I'm in TAS. We don't normally get them for another 5-7 days after they are listed. Guessing you are in Victoria given the whole 5km thing! No fun! I was actually surprised how low some of the discounts are. Generally see about 15% discount on price at Kmart compared to LEGO. Better than nothing though I guess. Will hopefully be able to get the minifigure pack when I buy the Daily Bugle. So no other incentive to buy from LEGO at this stage. GWPs at the minute are rubbish.

yeah in lockdown. I wish lego would sort out their gift with purchase. Book of monsters didn't match up with Diagon alley, nothing with daily bugle set. They seem to be unable to coordinate them to match anymore. Will get Bugle eventually but thought it was a bit indulgent to get it so close to Harry sets being released. 

On the kmart prices, I remember one year getting newly released harry potter sets and they weren't that discounted and then two weeks later the prices went down. And then last year the burrow was really cheap and then it went up a few days later. 

Edited by Micmac

2 hours ago, Micmac said:Kmart have them listed on their site, Hopefully you are near a store with stock. 

Thanks, it seems like we have a lot of Aussies in the chat. I am very happy about Kmart as they always seem to have discounts. Last year they came a month late, but it is looking better his year. I have a Kmart in my 5km. I am also near chadstone, but I don’t want to have to go through  the same things as last year. Although I will probably order the brick heads as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Although I will probably order the brick heads as soon as possible.

I thought the brickheadz were positioned to be a PWP rather like the 10 EUR 10th anniversary Ninjago ones? Does anyone know? 

13 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I thought the brickheadz were positioned to be a PWP rather like the 10 EUR 10th anniversary Ninjago ones? Does anyone know? 

They're standard retail sets.

In the age of leaks and early review copies, I find it incredible that the are 0 images or videos of the Harry and Hermoine Set or the chess set beyond the product images, with less than two days to go. This doesn't happen often in licensed themes. (There were like 3 pics of a fawkes set  on IG thought not a full review of that either)

56 minutes ago, Archer said:

In the age of leaks and early review copies, I find it incredible that the are 0 images or videos of the Harry and Hermoine Set or the chess set beyond the product images, with less than two days to go. This doesn't happen often in licensed themes. (There were like 3 pics of a fawkes set  on IG thought not a full review of that either)

Here you go :wink::

And here is a interview from the fan media days with the HP designers:

Edited by Roebuck

Has anyone noticed the Gryffindor torsos are nearly identical to preexisting ones, but are entirely new prints.

And also for the fully robed students all houses bar Slytherin have double striped ties. 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Dumbledore's Army list piece just leaked.

Looks great, they'll probably include it in Advent Calendar I guess?

They'll probably keep it exclusive to the accessory pack.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Dumbledore's Army list piece just leaked.

Looks great, they'll probably include it in Advent Calendar I guess?

That's not really a leak though, it's taken straight from the official picture of the Accessory Pack which was added to S@H more than 2 weeks ago.