Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

So for once LEGO actual keeps something a secret, at least for a bit longer! This must mean that it’s a fairly big deal. 

Personally, I think the only two ideas that could require a big secret are a massive Gringotts play set or an expansion to the micro scale Hogwarts. I would be very excited for both

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

So we can safely say the D2C is not the Chess Set and not a Hogsmade which was originally the rumoured £250 set.  I personally hope it’s a huge Hogwarts expansion or a Grimwauld Place. 

Both or these would work as smaller $120 sets. D2C set has to be something really big 

1 minute ago, Zepthire said:

If theres a Gringotts lego set in 2021, we can all pitch in and buy FalconFan a hat

What kind of hat?

Just now, Brickroll said:

What kind of hat?

Well, the bigger the better. More filling.

This guy on reddit did it a few years ago :pir-murder:

Funny enough, it was for betting that Bitcoin wouldn’t cross $1,000. Man if we only knew what was coming at that point lol

Edited by Modal

Time to go to bed, here, but hey it was a very interesting day :laugh:

I can not wait to see all revealed.

It will be a long and exhausting waiting :snicker:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Keep in mind that this is a $60 set with roughly 900 pieces so most of them will be relatively small.

In terms of the chess set I expect it will be quite a smooth board with a heroica style scale to fit the piece-count - even if there’s budget limitations I think there will still be 16 playable pieces, just a lot smaller :laugh:

Personally I’m expecting a mix of studs, cheese slopes and microfigures to represent the pieces - they definitely won’t be towering over minifigures like I thought 

I also think people shouldn’t get their hopes up for minifigure chess pieces - the pawns for example could just be a couple of studs stacked on top of each other at this scale 

I'm excited about the Hogwarts Chess set now that I can afford it, and it might make the Fluffy set more tempting as well. I'm interested to see what the minifigure differences are between those two sets.

6 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

In terms of the chess set I expect it will be quite a smooth board with a heroica style scale to fit the piece-count - even if there’s budget limitations I think there will still be 16 playable pieces, just a lot smaller :laugh:

Personally I’m expecting a mix of studs, cheese slopes and microfigures to represent the pieces - they definitely won’t be towering over minifigures like I thought 

I also think people shouldn’t get their hopes up for minifigure chess pieces - the pawns for example could just be a couple of studs stacked on top of each other at this scale 

You'd be suprsied what they can do with 872 pieces... 

The chess set could go two ways, it could either be a full chess set or a set of challenges with a condensed chess board. If the set is minifigure scale the chess pieces will need to be large enough for Ron to ride a horse since that is one of the more iconic parts of that scene and I can't see a full minifigure scale chess board at that price. If there are two rows of chess pieces I could see the board being 6x6 and if it's a single row maybe as small as 4x4. 

I won't get my hopes up for a minifigure scale set with a reduced chess board and other challenges but it seems plausible. Last year we got a wave of minifigure scale sets with a brick built exclusive so I could see this brick built wave having a minifigure scale exclusive. 

11 minutes ago, Textorix said:

So if Guyon and Falconfan dont know what D2C set is then who is gonna tell us?

Time :laugh:

18 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

You'd be suprsied what they can do with 872 pieces... 

Sounds promising :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

If there are two rows of chess pieces I could see the board being 6x6 and if it's a single row maybe as small as 4x4. 

I doubt it would be as small as the 4x4 board from the first advent calendar 

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is it just me or is EB going down getting more and more frequent as of late? :tongue:

Not just you, it's kinda not too good recently.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is it just me or is EB going down getting more and more frequent as of late? :tongue:

Seems to be. Also, since you brought up the topic, before they changed servers, when someone made a comment it would automatically load if you pressed the pop up at the bottom of the page that says something like '+2 replies'. But since the server change, I have to refresh my page to get the new comments to load. Has anybody else found this? Extremely minor first world problem I know, but it is annoying and means the feature isn't working properly for some reason. I'm working on Windows 10 and Chrome.