Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I think @Falconfan1414 said something about the $250 set including a golden Dumbledore minifig. I wonder what clue that could give about the set, if any?

Did he? I thought that was just mere guesswork on our side :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Yope said:

In terms of the June wave, what minifigs are people most happy about getting?

Lockhart (can’t have too many versions of him), Sinestra, and Cat Hermione. The rest are a nice bonus since I’m mostly looking forward to the Basilisk and the Fluffy  :purrr:

If 250$ set will be motorized Hogwarts express in minifig scale with lets say 2 passanger cars I will take it :) Thats what I am waiting for besides Gringotts to complement my DA. A proper Hogwarts train with details and more cars :) fingers crossed...

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Did he? I thought that was just mere guesswork on our side :laugh:

Lockhart (can’t have too many versions of him), Sinestra, and Cat Hermione. The rest are a nice bonus since I’m mostly looking forward to the Basilisk and the Fluffy  :purrr:

Great suggestions, to be honest I've been really wanting Crabbe and Goyle for a while too.  The minifig selection, if nothing else, in the June wave is really excellent imo.

41 minutes ago, Yope said:

In terms of the June wave, what minifigs are people most happy about getting?  For me it's Colin Creevey first as a significant character we've never had before, then Professor Sinistra as I'm looking forward to having her occupy the top of the Astronomy Tower, then Gilderoy Lockhart because I think the new outfit will be a standout.  I'm fearful that we'll get JFF in a Hufflepuff jumper with badge to complete the set from the Hogwarts Moments series, when really it would be nice to get all the students in their respective versions of house robes (the same as Draco's DA torso).   

Definitely Sinistra, Rosmerta and the Flumes for me. Although the big star of these sets are definitely Fluffy and the Basilisk :grin: Honestly those 2 and the figures are the only reason I'm buying the 3 Hogwarts sets.

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

The minifig selection, if nothing else, in the June wave is really excellent imo.

That is my hope for august sets because if those are anniversary sets as well they might have at least great minifigures

21 minutes ago, Textorix said:

That is my hope for august sets because if those are anniversary sets as well they might have at least great minifigures

The fact we haven’t heard anything about the minifigs yet luckily doesn’t imply anything, so the sets could still be worth getting based on the minifig selection alone :laugh: Not getting my hopes up though, especially not for anything post-POA :tongue: 

Speaking of minifigures I had no idea Justin Finch-Fletchley was in Hufflepuff! For some reason I always thought he was in Ravenclaw. 

In the film both he and Colin Creevey are wearing their robes all the time instead of just their jumpers so hopefully the Great Hall set comes with more robe prints! Also I'm crossing my fingers they have alternate petrified faces, along with Ginny from when she's in the Chamber - I would really like to see Ginny with a different expression rather than the overused little-girl-face. 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also I'm crossing my fingers they have alternate petrified faces, along with Ginny from when she's in the Chamber - I would really like to see Ginny with a different expression rather than the overused little-girl-face. 

While for Colin and Justin I've no idea what path LEGO will take, for Ginny I think it's fairly possible that they reuse Gabrielle's face from 2019, just with the eyebrows recolored to dark orange (think Ron's alt. face from CMF s2). I think that face would definitely be a few steps closer than the generic girl head, and it wouldn't cost LEGO as much as an entirely new print.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I think @Falconfan1414 said something about the $250 set including a golden Dumbledore minifig. I wonder what clue that could give about the set, if any?

That was just a theory of his, nothing confirmed

47 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not getting my hopes up though, especially not for anything post-POA :tongue: 

Tbh even POA still offers some interesting sets to be made. Shrieking Shack, Whomping willow with warewolf, defence against dark arts lesson with Lupin, divination class, Leaky Cauldron with Tom, Fudge, Arthur etc.

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Tbh even POA still offers some interesting sets to be made. Shrieking Shack, Whomping willow with warewolf, defence against dark arts lesson with Lupin, Leaky Cauldron with Tom, Fudge, Arthur etc.

Touché. But the most important characters we’re still missing are mostly from GoF onwards :wink:

18 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

While for Colin and Justin I've no idea what path LEGO will take [...]

If Molly, Lucius, and Viktor don’t deserve new face prints, neither do these two :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Touché. But the most important characters we’re still missing are mostly from GoF onwards :wink:

True, specialy OotP is very poorly represented and Deathly Hallows of course. From GoF we got quite many good sets but I really miss Igor Karkaroff and Rita Skeeter minifigures.

Edited by Textorix

46 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

While for Colin and Justin I've no idea what path LEGO will take, for Ginny I think it's fairly possible that they reuse Gabrielle's face from 2019, just with the eyebrows recolored to dark orange (think Ron's alt. face from CMF s2). I think that face would definitely be a few steps closer than the generic girl head, and it wouldn't cost LEGO as much as an entirely new print.

That's a good idea, I forgot Gabrielle had that unique expression!

Let's assume for a minute hat all five August sets are remakes or partial remakes of sets since 2018, or brick built creatures. Although I don't have any interest in, for example, a brick built Niffler, I don't think repeats of sets over the last few years are too bad necessarily. 

For example, the Hogwarts Express could be based on any number, or multiple films. It's appearance in PS and PoA are quite well covered, with PS Harry and Trolley Witch available and PoA Hermione, Lupin and Dementor (Harry and Ron have the wrong torsos). It also has the meeting of Harry and Cho in GoF and the big scene when Harry suspects Malfoy of being a Death Eater in HBP. 

The train could come with either King's Cross or Hogsmeade Station, perhaps also the long curved Viaduct. In addition to general station bits and pieces like trolleys there could be a London Taxi for KC or a Thestral Carriage for Hogsmeade. 

The 2018 set was much better in person than I was expecting, but if this came out as the £250 set, it could be amazing. 

Also, the Quidditch Pitch set from 2018 now looks a bit short and blocky, with Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff now having Quidditch robe prints from DA, and Madam Hooch only appearing in the Bricktober pack so far, I'd be happy with another one of these. 

I reckon the First Task set or Aragog could be redone with a better beast, but the scenery and figures for those sets are pretty much done. 

So I'm someone who primarily focuses on LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Marvel with the occasional Harry Potter set(though were it not for budget concerns I'd buy them all) though I follow the theme and look forward to seeing the new sets, I can't help but find it amusing and confusing to see pages and pages of people hating on the June wave and speculating ad nauseam on what may or may not make the August wave disappointing. I look at the leaked images and I see some excellent looking sets, then I look at pictures of sets from the past couple years and asside from a change in roof color, I do not understand what people are so upset about becuase these look just as good quality-wise as what we've been seeing for seversl years. The one complaint I can understand is people being tired of the early films getting rehashed and the later films being snubbed, that's a constant problem with LEGO Star Wars where we get the same rehashed original trilogy stuff over and over again while there's tons of prequel trilogy stuff that still hasn't been covered. 

It's just funny coming to this thread and seeing people complaining about getting lobster when they had been getting caviar meanwhile in the Marvel subtheme people get excited with the occasional shrimp when we usually get nothing but canned tuna. I just wanted to share my amusement and perspective. :tongue:

Edited by ToaDraco

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

But the most important characters we’re still missing are mostly from GoF onwards 

Whilst there are obviously loads of varients missing, I was surprised how much of the first three films had been covered so far.

After the next wave we're only really missing Percy, Lee, Poppy Pomfrey, Firenze, Irma Pince, Prof. Vector and the House Ghosts from Hogwarts, as well as some more minor students, many of whom got recast more prominently in later films. 

Outside of Hogwarts all I can think of is Marge (and Ripper), the Leaky Cauldron crowd and the Masons who visit Privet Drive in CoS. 

A proper Crookshanks and Mrs Norris would be good though. The Troll from the Girl's Bathroom, and Fang and Norbert have obvious sets they could appear in. 

40 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I look at the leaked images and I see some excellent looking sets

Well if you are into Star Wars and Superheroes themes I get that you like these. But some people here who collect mainly lego HP have much higher standards for build quality and movie accuracy. Dont get me wrong, I was collecting Lego Star Wars too but those times are already gone and now with few exceptions I see those sets as really poor in design and quite overprized. So yes, obviously a lot of people are disappointed with june wave because it just doesnt match the level of greatness of 2018-2020 sets and its not because of green roofs.... and getting remakes of sets mainly from first 2 movies is also quite annoying but not so bad as getting 10th version of Lukes landspeeder I guess :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Seaber said:

...Firenze, Irma Pince, Prof. Vector and the House Ghosts from Hogwarts...and the Masons who visit Privet Drive in CoS. 

I think these are so obscure characters that we dont really need them but sure it would be suprise to get them. I could see Marge coming in CMF series tho.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

If Molly, Lucius, and Viktor don’t deserve new face prints, neither do these two :tongue:

In an ideal world Lego would have new faces for every character, so if they have the budget free for a new face for Justin then what face they used for Viktor Krum should have no bearing on the decision 

19 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well if you are into Star Wars and Superheoes themes I get that you like these. But some people here who collect mainly lego HP have much higher standards for build quality and movie accuracy.

That to me just comes across as gatekeeping Lego Harry Potter - especially since there are plenty of Harry Potter collectors who like the new sets, and plenty of people who collect other licensed properties as well. I'd also argue that we can't determine the build quality from low quality prelims. 

10 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I'd also argue that we can't determine the build quality from low quality prelims. 

The quality of those pictures is pretty decent to see build design and as far as I know builds of sets dont change after prelims. I didnt say all people who collect HP sets are disappointed but some of them (a lot of them) are and its understandable.

Edited by Textorix

As a Gringots bank has just been released by the brand we don't talk about, could that rule in or out that an official one is coming? 

Just watched an unboxing of the Vidiyo Bandmates and think the wolf drummer’s head is a perfect mold for Lupin. Hope we get a Shrieking Shack remake with that piece in the next few years.

9 minutes ago, robtogg said:

As a Gringots bank has just been released by the brand we don't talk about, could that rule in or out that an official one is coming? 

Nah. LEGO doesn’t seem to acknowledge those exist. If they did, at least half of the summer SW stuff would have to be scrapped.

It’s unfortunate, the brands formerly known as Lepin actually have had probably a better selection of figs and builds than LEGO has had in one wave for quite a while, with the possible exception of last year’s HP wave.

Edited by Brickroll

7 minutes ago, brick3up2across said:

Just watched an unboxing of the Vidiyo Bandmates and think the wolf drummer’s head is a perfect mold for Lupin. Hope we get a Shrieking Shack remake with that piece in the next few years.

If Vidiyo is anything like the CMF series (in terms of budget) is it possible that Lego are using it to get moulds like that for future use in other themes, so they can save the budget for later? I don't want to lean into wild speculation, but perhaps Lego are planning a bumper year next year for Harry Potter figures with new moulds.

7 minutes ago, brick3up2across said:

Isn’t that the same werewolf head mould they’ve been using since 2012? :tongue:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that the same werewolf head mould they’ve been using since 2012? :tongue:

Pretty sure it is.