Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Since Lego is experimenting and going off convention with the buildable Hedwig and the moments-book sets I can see them doing some more like those in time for the winter ‘gift’ season, so here is my list:

£250: Harry Potter PS Collectors Edition Chess Set

£120: Durmstrang Ship

£60: Attack on Lovegood’s House 

£40: Buildable Nifler (just look at the FB merchandising, the Nifler is very popular!)

£30: Weasley Wedding Ambush 

The Niffler is a great and very plausible idea, especially considering how many similar buildable cute characters have been made in Star Wars, but I think it would be quite weird to see a Fantastic Beasts creature slap-bang in the middle of an otherwise HP wave. I would say its an almost certainty for next year though, when the 3rd Fantastic Beasts film comes out - honestly I could see a buildable set like that being the only system Fantastic Beasts we get, with maybe a new Newt minifigure to tie into the next film (as much as I would hope otherwise I did hear that the 2018 Fantastic Beasts sets didn't sell well :cry_sad:

And with the current frame of mind in this forum I'm starting to be afraid that even your two reasonably-sized Deathly Hallows sets will be more Deathly Hallows stuff than we end up getting this year  :look:

11 minutes ago, Yope said:

Just to add to the discussion of figures we're missing, here's a list of the characters with the most screentime and mentions in the books that we haven't had yet:

I'd say the main omissions are: Percy Weasley, Barty Crouch Sr, Kreacher, Narcissa Malfoy, Xenophilius Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Mundungus Fletcher, Fang, Rufus Scrimgeor, Poppy Pomfrey and Katie Bell.

Add Lee Jordan and The Grey Lady Ghost to that list and I would say that is my wish list/goal for the theme before it finishes 

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

And with the current frame of mind in this forum I'm starting to be afraid that even your two reasonably-sized Deathly Hallows sets will be more Deathly Hallows stuff than we end up getting this year  :look:

Exactly. Of course I‘m just goofing around with my own lists and comments about other people’s lists, but it‘s seriously for the best if we pretend that there isn‘t a single DH set on the horizon. If there is, we‘ll be pleasantly surprised. If not, we at least aren‘t disappointed :sweet:

The €250 set is gonna be one big triangle shaped grey rock...and it’s called:

Azkaban prison. No figs included cause they just escaped. :sick:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. Of course I‘m just goofing around with my own lists and comments about other people’s lists, but it‘s seriously for the best if we pretend that there isn‘t a single DH set on the horizon. If there is, we‘ll be pleasantly surprised. If not, we at least aren‘t disappointed :sweet:

That's my state of mind too: I think it's better use of our energy to turn the current outlook for the August wave into a bit of joke than to complain about either leakers or Lego's decision making when we're not in possession of all the facts. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be right at the front of the queue to complain when it turns out all the summer sets are 2018 remakes :laugh:

Just now, Magnum said:

The €250 set is gonna be one big triangle shaped grey rock...and it’s called:

Ahahaha that's brilliant! Conversely it could be a micro-scale Azkaban in line with UCS Hogwarts and an army of grey Azkaban prisoner nanofigures and plain black cloaked nanofigures for the Dementors :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Good one :laugh: And the Dementors shrugged their shoulders (if they have ones) and went home. Or do they actually live there, can‘t remember :grin:

3 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be right at the front of the queue to complain when it turns out all the summer sets are 2018 remakes :laugh:

Keep your torches and pitchforks ready, people :devil:

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That's my state of mind too: I think it's better use of our energy to turn the current outlook for the August wave into a bit of joke than to complain about either leakers or Lego's decision making when we're not in possession of all the facts. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll be right at the front of the queue to complain when it turns out all the summer sets are 2018 remakes :laugh:

Ahahaha that's brilliant! Conversely it could be a micro-scale Azkaban in line with UCS Hogwarts and an army of grey Azkaban prisoner nanofigures and plain black cloaked nanofigures for the Dementors :thumbup:

I would probably buy it anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That list is still not bad enough :laugh: Anything new is still good in most people‘s books, so replace the DH and GoF sets with some PS/CoS remakes and we‘re probably a bit closer to the truth :tongue: 

Don‘t take what I‘m saying too seriously though, just having fun with setting the bar for these sets as low as possible :laugh_hard:

Maybe I am alone, but for me it would be ok to get more PS/CoS sets if they introduce some new characters/creatures :blush:

Hello everyone!

I enjoyed reading this forum last year and hearing about the 2020 sets and this year I thought I’d join in on the discussions 

the sets we’ve heard about so far (the June wave) actually sound really good, I love that we’re finally getting fluffy and the basilisk (who can only be an improvement on the one from the 2018 great hall XD) and all of the new characters like sinestra, Colin, Justin, Mr and Mrs flume, even the new variants of Ron, Harry, and Hermione, sound amazing!

I also wouldn’t be too disappointed by the 2nd wave just yet, any time I’ve thought something sounded disappointing I ended up really liking it. And LEGO has even given us sets that I don’t think any of us expected like Grawp or the Beauxbatons carriage.

And I doubt they will forget deathly hallows sets all together, if we have to wait a bit longer for them, I’m okay with that. We’ve waited this long, what’s another year 😁

5 minutes ago, aimo said:

Maybe I am alone, but for me it would be ok to get more PS/CoS sets if they introduce some new characters/creatures :blush:

The list of characters missing from PS/CoS specifically is getting extremely short though... Except for unnamed background characters and random students nobody gives a Kre-O about :tongue: And the remaining house ghosts, but those are very minor characters.

In terms of creatures, there‘s the unicorn (which is only seen DEAD) and Fang, but I think this year’s creature budget has already been depleted anyway with the new moulds for the Basilisk and Fluffy :shrug_oh_well: Twice the sets doesn‘t mean twice the budget

I do think Lego will come up with some new stuff too.

If for no reason kids won't want repeats of what they already have either. Kids who were 8, in 2018 when they released the Great Hall will still only be 11 this year so still in the target collecting age bracket.

49 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Add Lee Jordan and The Grey Lady Ghost to that list and I would say that is my wish list/goal for the theme before it finishes 

Yes good shout, Lee Jordan would be a draw if we got another Quidditch set (as would Angelina/Katie).  On the ghost front, I'd love a complete set of house ghosts - though a bloody baron and fat friar might be optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

For those who want to know: our good friend Kingnono (I think it's him) is back on IG. His name is pawnyeye this time. 

Wouldn't be leak season without it!  Prepare for pages of decrypting dubious riddles to no avail.

4 minutes ago, Professor_Flitbrick said:

For those who want to know: our good friend Kingnono (I think it's him) is back on IG. His name is pawnyeye this time. 

Not this again. How many times do we have to teach you the same lesson, old man?! :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Yope said:

Wouldn't be leak season without it!  Prepare for pages of decrypting dubious riddles to no avail.

Not on my watch :laugh_hard: The Sinistra info is true but you guys know that, the other post (with the vehicles etc) is utter bs.

It‘s either him or a copycat, don‘t know which is worse :snicker: And while the Gollum avatar is quite appropriate, a cave troll would have been more fitting :tongue: Seems more like a sh*tpost account to me, but be careful it doesn‘t spill over into #legoleaks again, otherwise we won‘t hear the end of it

I’d feel really bummed about another Quidditch, Hogwarts Express or Hagrid’s hut set :look: I would definitely skip them and for the first time since the reboot buy the minifigs and animals separately. 

I’ve said this too many times, but if I see yet another young Harry/Hermione/Ron with the same jumper torso and black legs... :ugh: IMO they will most likely be using the robes from DA. Perhaps a new face print for Hermione and Ron? :sad: 

Edited by Otherworld

I really want to know if they are going to permanently change to the house crest jumpers from now on. I will have to update so many figures... Also, they wouldn't match the special cardigan figures from the RoR set so I really hope they were simply for the Moments sets. I would welcome more robed uniform figures, however. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Add Angelina and Ernie (and Alicia, because if you're getting Angelina you might as well have the whole Gryffindor team) and you're probably spot on. No doubt they'll throw in some more minor characters (Scabior, Yaxley, Cattermole, etc.) at some point 

11 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I really want to know if they are going to permanently change to the house crest jumpers from now on. I will have to update so many figures... Also, they wouldn't match the special cardigan figures from the RoR set so I really hope they were simply for the Moments sets. I would welcome more robed uniform figures, however. 

They should return to the old jumpers in June but I'm not entirely sure about that so take it with a grain of salt for now.

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They should return to the old jumpers in June but I'm not entirely sure about that so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Any idea why lego felt like doing those unusual sweaters for  what MIGHT only be the book sets?

For this anniversary wave, they should really do the year 1-2 sweaters proeperly,  light grey with colored stripes around collar.    Since in 2018 they skipped right to Azkaban onwards sweaters.   i preffer azkaban ones, but if they want to pull on nostalgia, do it with movie accuracy!

ron-weasley-philosophers-stone-portrait-

Edited by deskp

Personally, the august wave would only disapointed me if it was flooded with remakes (remakes being from 2018 on). Other than that as long as the quality the hp sets have had since the reboot continues, I will likely be satisfied. 

Also big thanks to @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 for everything they've done!

2 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Since Lego is experimenting and going off convention with the buildable Hedwig and the moments-book sets I can see them doing some more like those in time for the winter ‘gift’ season, so here is my list:

£250: Harry Potter PS Collectors Edition Chess Set

I was thinking about a HP chess board when the board game description for this years advent calendar came out. If that doesn't end up being a chess board (no clue how they would do it, but that's the only thing I could imagine board game meaning) then I would be interested to see a set dedicated to it. I don't think it would be that much. 40174 was only 55, and while the HP one would likely be bigger and obviously be licensed, I still cant imagine it being over 100, maybe 120 to fit in with the current price list. It would also be cool if it has the option to replace the two pieces with Harry and Hermione (still including those pieces), and of course put Ron on the knight

7 minutes ago, deskp said:

Any idea why lego felt like doing those unusual sweaters for  what MIGHT only be the book sets?

No idea. The only logical conclusion is that they did it as a callback for the anniversary, which is why I'm not 100% sure what jumper the june sets will use.

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fingers crossed. :drunk:

Wow it seems like everything is back to where it was last year Kingnono is posting fake leaks, the forum has over 100 posts daily, Lego is making bad business decisions, I think this might be the year of 1,000+ pages!

I thought about it last night and I feel like their is 2 horrible possibilities for the august wave we haven't considered:

1. Lego makes it entirely a wave with mini dolls and no minifigures and the only sets are remakes so then we can start collecting our 5th Hogwarts (the normal one, the microscale one, the moment one, the anniversary one, and now this) and as a even more horrible twist they make new molds fans have asked for for a while like fang and Cornish pixie but gives them the huge eyes and eye lashes of the friends animals making them useless. don't see this happening but can expectations get much lower?

2. The answer to that question is yes a Duplo wave made up entirely of remakes, I know the chances of this happening are next to nothing but nothing could be worse than that (IMO).

I think no one on here would like that so it would fit with the lowering expectations hints, I don't think anything could be worse! (That's not a challenge).