Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Looking at the original wave from 2001/2002, I'm now convinced that this mini-wave will be a remake/refresh of some of those sets. The description of the sets seem to match up with a lot of those past sets. This is from one of the instruction books: https://ibb.co/FB016Zf

Seems like we're getting an updated version of 4709/4730 in one set, a remake of 4733, and a new set in the same style representing the girl's bathroom.

2 hours ago, karrit said:

So is North America actually going to get these sets in June along with the rest of the world or are we going to have to wait until August again like last year.

I think they got delayed last year due to the factories being shut down. I'm guessing everyone will get them in June this year.

Edited by YetiZombie

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Zavvi is your friend if you’re in NA and you want them early. Many of us in NA including myself got the sets in June and with very cheap shipping. 

If I'm paying RRP I'd rather wait to get them direct from Lego with Double points or a GWP.  On the other hand if Zavvi does a discounted price I may order from them.  I was very patient even after they finally released them here this past year but I still need to get Hedwig & the Forbidden Forest sets.

18 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I think they got delayed last year due to the factories being shut down. I'm guessing everyone will get them in June this year.

I just checked previous year releases and it seems in 2019 they were released in the U.S. 2 weeks after the rest of the world but everything in 2018 was released at the same time.  A two week delay would be okay but waiting almost 3 months again like last year wouldn't be nice.

All the new information on the anniversary line makes it a little easier to narrow down speculation on the rest of the sets for the year, which I'm going to assume are all Deathly Hallows themed.  The fact that we're getting a whopping three Hogwarts Castle-based sets in the anniversary line makes me think there won't be a substantial Battle of Hogwarts-themed build this year.  At least, I can't really picture the unknown $119.99 set being a Hogwarts set when the $129.99 is also confirmed to a Hogwarts set.  I could see one of the smaller sets being a army-builder type set to compliment the larger builds we're already getting.  I currently think there's a better chance of the $119.99 set being Malfoy Manor.  With Hogsmeade now confirmed as being a $79.99 set, Gringotts as the $249.99 set seems more likely.  

My thoughts on the new sets:

The girls bathroom:

A scene I wanted to see, I like the sink design from the film and I like the idea of it being a similar build size to the room of requirement. Decent minifig picks and I understand why they won't include Myrtle as she was in the cmf. I'd still like to see a Percy minifig somewhere as he's quite prominent in CoS.

Hogsmeade:

I quite like the sound of it. We do see quite a bit of Honeydukes in the Prisoner of Azkaban, and the Three Broomsticks appears in PoA & HBP. Plus in the dvd extras for PoA, you can explore Honeydukes and see each section of it. This is why I'm okay with the owners being included in the set as we do see a bit of them in the film (much more than we ever saw of Florean Fortesque).

Hogwarts:

Sounds like a massive build, plus doing the chamber of secrets is a bit surprising to me. I'm really happy we'll be getting Colin Creevey and another Lockhart design. It'd be cool if it included the winged boar statue from CoS (maybe a grey version of the new pig piece). There's a rumour Justin Finch Fletchley is also in the set, which I really like as he's petrified victim (and he's in a few deleted scenes). Hope there's some cool stickers of the paintings around the staircases, like in the microscale Hogwarts.

Advent Calender:

Happy they're doing another AC, but Philosopher's Stone again? This sounds like a very confused set, like it seems like it has a lot of stuff set before Harry gets to Hogwarts which is well before Christmas. I'd much prefer a Burrow/Grimmauld Place AC.

I personally like all new sets. If all 3 hogwarts sets can be connected somehow it will be cool. Also i personally hope that the hogsmade will be not something like 5 houses separete sets. I know its great way how to make a money but lego please... 

35 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'd still like to see a Percy minifig somewhere as he's quite prominent in CoS.

It definitely is a bit odd that Percy hasn't appeared yet.  I was hoping he would be included in Diagon Alley, but that didn't happen.  With how many far more obscure characters we've gotten, I expect to see Percy get a minifigure sooner than later.

35 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Advent Calender:

Happy they're doing another AC, but Philosopher's Stone again? This sounds like a very confused set, like it seems like it has a lot of stuff set before Harry gets to Hogwarts which is well before Christmas. I'd much prefer a Burrow/Grimmauld Place AC.

I'm assuming that they're just going back to Philosopher's Stone to go with the 20th anniversary subtheme for the year.  Presumably we'll get a Burrow/Grimmauld Place/Slug Club AC for 2022.

I doubt the Hogsmeade set this year will be the only one they put out for the theme.  I suspect they'll release more locations within it over time.  The Hog's Head and the Shrieking Shack are both prominent enough to warrant getting their own individual sets later on.  If we get a new Hogwarts Express in the next year or two (which seems likely considering we're already getting a new Great Hall), they could make it different by including Hogsmeade Station instead of King's Cross.

Edited by spiderfan2000

After considering possibilities for the new version of the Great Hall as I stated previously I really hope the emphasis is on the Chamber of Secrets substructure and maybe the Tower itself.  I'd be very happy with a minimalistic Great Hall set up for the Dueling scene with just the dueling platform for furnishing.  I know Snape & Draco aren't among the included figures for the set but there are the newest versions of them in the Potions Book set already.

The description of the Girl's Bathroom Set is what I had already envisioned so I expect to be very pleased with it.

Anything from Hogsmeade is just icing on the cake for me at this point as I currently have nothing to represent that.

The Hogwart's Extension will be totally new to me since I don't have anything from the original wave of sets.  Happy to finally get a Fluffy.

As for the Advent Calendar I consider them to be parts packs to use as filler so whatever is in it I'll most likely be happy with but really hoping they figure out how to have Ron riding the Knight's Horse from the Chess scene.

Edited by karrit

I like the idea of these anniversary sets been a new way to collect a modular Hogwarts build. 

I do however prefer the current modular style build they have going on, seems like much more detail in these sets. 

I am very hopeful that the we still do get another extension sometime this year. 

Someone on IG is saying that they have found the torsos for the anniversary theme, but I’m like 99% sure that it is the 2010 torso. Nonetheless, it’s still worth seeing if anyone else sees that.

Photo by @ilikelegoleaks on February 06, 2021. May be a closeup of one or more people, food, toy and text.

2C150C6F-3A82-4A7B-B1E1-EB6286337CC5.jpeg

With the Forbidden Corridor being similar to the 2001 set and will probably have some vegetation representing devil snare, could there be a Chamber of Winged Keys in the big Hogwarts expansion? With the Mirror of Erised and Quirrell in 2018 GH, it would be the last challenge left and would be a nice way to connect the set, much like how the Girl’s Bathroom probably connects to the entrance way of the Chamber of Secrets in some manner. The 2002 Chamber also has a miniature chess board so maybe the advent calendar supplements it in some form? Extremely curious to see how all three sets connect.

Edited by RODDY

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:At least, I can't really picture the unknown $119.99 set being a Hogwarts set when the $129.99 is also confirmed to a Hogwarts set.  I could see one of the smaller sets being a army-builder type set to compliment the larger builds we're already getting.  I currently think there's a better chance of the $119.99 set being Malfoy Manor.  With Hogsmeade now confirmed as being a $79.99 set, Gringotts as the $249.99 set seems more likely.  

Maybe the other larger set is a more detailed quidditch pitch set. After all, we have all the house uniforms now...

I haven’t been active on here for a day so just quick question, are the anniversary sets launching in June and then possible deathly hallows sets launching in August? Also what do you think the D2C will be?

If i remember correct we should have 2x Brickheadz this year. Do you think that both will be GWP one with june wave and second with the august?

1 hour ago, Thieda said:

I haven’t been active on here for a day so just quick question, are the anniversary sets launching in June and then possible deathly hallows sets launching in August? Also what do you think the D2C will be?

Anniversary wave is june and the rest (bar AC) should be august. D2C should be a DA expansion with Gringotts.

38 minutes ago, KA1 said:

If i remember correct we should have 2x Brickheadz this year. Do you think that both will be GWP one with june wave and second with the august?

They are either a GWP or BH, I've heard it's the latter but I wouldn't take that as confirmation yet. Release is up in the air.

11 hours ago, dysnomia said:

Honestly, if goats can go for 40+$ on bricklink anything is possible.

At least goats are useful, the same can not be said about pearl gold minifigs :tongue:

10 hours ago, doclord said:

Only thing missing this wave is Fang... some day.

Hopefully :classic:

10 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Unless I've missed something, it's too soon to say for sure that Mrs Norris won't be included. She'd just be a cat, so I wouldn't have thought she'd be listed among the minifigures

Strange that we have not gotten her yet, she has a bigger part than a lot of the figs we have gotten so far :grin:

Penelope Clearwater was she in the film? If Hermione is not included she want be either, maybe in a future set :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Maybe the other larger set is a more detailed quidditch pitch set. After all, we have all the house uniforms now...

I hope not.  There are plenty of other sets I'd much rather see them make than another Quidditch Pitch.  I don't even think I would buy it were they to make it and I doubt it would sell well as an expensive set.  I bought four of the current Quidditch Set to build my own.  I was going to build more towers out of bricks I already have but Target had them on sale so it probably cost me a little over $100 for the whole thing including enough figures for full Gryffindor & Slytherin teams.  The only thing I  may do is get some green plates to set up the whole thing on.

22 minutes ago, Micmac said:

I'm hoping that the bathroom set figures are all wearing their Slytherin robs.

Take it with a grain of salt for now but I've heard they will just have Slytherin jumpers instead of the robes they're supposed to have.

Anyone else find it odd that Lego have created 3 collections with in Harry Potter? 

The current modular series, the book classrooms, and the coming anniversary sets. 

Surely they'll end up competing for the same business? 

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Take it with a grain of salt for now but I've heard they will just have Slytherin jumpers instead of the robes they're supposed to have.

Understandable, but a little disappointing. Do you know what hairpieces Crabbe and Goyle will have? 

5 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Understandable, but a little disappointing. Do you know what hairpieces Crabbe and Goyle will have? 

No idea. 

On one hand I'm a bit deflated that we aren't getting a full DH wave, but on the other we are getting so many iconic scenes from the earlier films that we haven't got in the modern wave. Particularly excited for the Chamber of Secrets set. Would have expected Pomfrey over Sinistra, who is far more obscure, but I like that they're mixing it up a bit and not just throwing in another Hagrid or something.

I don't think Deathly Hallows as a wave is too mature, but I think they'll intentionally mix it with the anniversary this year and maybe more Hogwarts Moments set next year to get some of the more light-hearted atmosphere from the earlier films? We literally got Voldemort's rebirth complete with cauldron, creepy masked Death Eater with the long hat, and baby Voldemort, so I don't think DH being "violent" is going to stop LEGO. Really they just need to avoid Dobby's death, Bathilda Bagshot and Ron's splinching, I imagine.

I wonder what the remaining sets will be? I don't think they'll do another Hogwarts set this year, which kind of rules out the courtyard or the bridge, which I think are the only major Hogwarts locations left out at this point. Maybe it will be the big set for next year?

Gringotts being the big D2C is a possibility, I think they could sell Gringotts alone whereas the other shops in DA work best as a set. For the price though I'm expecting the dragon, and maybe some vaults underneath such as Harry's vault, the Philosopher's Stone vault and the Lestrange vault (maybe an empty Weasley vault?) (And maybe they'll do a second side of the Alley next year - The Leaky Cauldron, Madam Malkins, Eeylops, Magical Menagarie, Potage's, Slug & Jiggers, Borgin & Burkes/a KA offshoot are all options). 

The Tent scene with the lake could be a fun, cheaper diarama-type forest set like the Expecto Patronum or Aragog sets. Maybe a Ministry of Magic set?  I'm also expecting another buildable creature ala Hedwig, perhaps a buildable Buckbeak, Fawkes or a Niffler? A Grimmauld Place diarama of the Black Family Wall? I don't know.

I think LEGO are going to stretch the Deathly Hallows content out into 2022 as we are missing so many good DH figures like Bill and Fleur, Aberforth, Scabior, Neville and Narcissa, the Ministry disguises, the Trio have a few costume changes... they could even be keeping some of them back for a CMF next year?

Edited by drewdotexe

57 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Strange that we have not gotten her yet, she has a bigger part than a lot of the figs we have gotten so far :grin:

If you ever played the old Philosopher's Stone pc game she was terrifying! Her stalking amongst the library shelves trying to catch Harry under his cloak is a distinct memory from my childhood. Definitely noteworthy.

With Griphook and the DA exclusive Harry in the AC I’m wondering if the whole AC is DA themed? 
Maybe what the ‘boardgame‘ play feature is is a map of DA with each day being a representation of a shop?

I Hope the green roofs are just temporary and they go back to grey for the rest of the theme, this year seems to be to heavy on new ‘gimmicks’ and nostalgia for the sake of nostalgia and not so much on building on the new system established...

Many of the new figures sound great though, I expect in time I’m going to mod a lot of the castle sets to integrate them together properly

Edited by Bugbot20082

I think a lot of people will try to modify the new sets to work with the current modular series. 

But then you wonder will they ever realise a Chamber of Secrets to fit under the current great hall. Which would be better for kids. 

Looking at the crazy prices those original sets are at on Ebay I can see why Lego decided to get in on the action. It also takes the wind out the sails of people who buy for 'investment' purposes.