Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Spider-Ham: The Spider-Man from an alternate universe where everyone is a cartoon animal. He's a pig.

Ghost Spider: Spider-Gwen

Thanks!!

Well, Spider-Ham doesn’t sound exciting to me. But I will keep Ghost Spider then! 

After about 3 hours of studying the official images, I have made a list of all the easter eggs I have managed to find:

Ground floor:

• There are several newspapers on the walls that reference different spiderman comics.
  • On the outside of the building, down the side, there is a display reading "Vote Osborn", referencing the Spiderman PS4 game.

Second floor:

• More newspapers, but some reference Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies.
  • A news report on TV that appears to be about The Raft.

Third floor (Peter's office):

• There is a pizza box on the set of drawers which is a reference to "Pizza Time" from Spiderman 2.
  • (This is my favourite) The entirety of Peter's office is ripped from the "Spiderman at a desk" meme:

Masturbating Spider-Man | Know Your Meme

Fourth floor:

• On the back of the fourth floor, there is a worn-out poster reading "Just the Facts with J. Jonah Jameson", referencing his podcast in the PS4 Spiderman game.
  • On the top of the building, on the water tank, there is a sticker of Miles Morales Spiderman, which is a reference to Into the Spiderverse.
  • Jameson's office looks somewhat similar to the one in the Sam Raimi movies.

There is probably A LOT more that I have missed, but these are the ones I was able to find myself.

Edited by CreeperBrix

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

It doesnt depend on how they're displayed if you only get the Marvel Modulars

If they were to release them, as an avid comics and MCU fan, I would have no problem displaying them all side-by-side without other buildings in-between. As a street I'd just display them in the order that they appear in NYC, working my way down towards Brooklyn. I'd customise my Bridge battle set and stick that in there too. I think it would make for interesting discussions with friends that are also comic fans. For me it would be no different to having a shelf displaying a ton of vehicles. Sure, this might not appeal to all fans, but most cities I have seen have incorporated Marvel builds with at least a few other sets, so not likely to be an issue for a large portion of AFOLs. All my LEGO sets are bought for the kids to play with (they just can't have the minifigures), so I have other builds in there in any case. I'm already working on building Daredevils apartment on top of the Central Perk

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks!!

Well, Spider-Ham doesn’t sound exciting to me. But I will keep Ghost Spider then! 

Spider-Ham gained a lot of popularity through into the Spider-verse. A pretty good movie, I'd recommend if you have any interest in Spider-Man. However I completely understand how that character isn't of interest to you. Definitely sell him, he goes for quite a bit!

5 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

However I completely understand how that character isn't of interest to you.

I don't.

Hes a PIG..but hes also Spider man!! Whats not to love?

5 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I don't.

He's actually a spider. He was just bitten by a radioactive pig...

Again what's not to love? :laugh:

40 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I don't.

:purrr: 

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. 

41 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

He's actually a spider. He was just bitten by a radioactive pig...

Again what's not to love? :laugh:

It isn’t believable. 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

From Lizard's page on Marvel Wiki;

The Original Clone Saga

When Peter Parker was not sure if he was the original Peter Parker or just the clone with the memories of the original, he went to Doc Connors to perform a test. However when the results arrived he tore them up not wanting to know the results.

Oh wow interesting, I never realized that. You learn something new everyday, and even from Lego sets apparently. :laugh: 

Thank you for the info my friend. :pir-huzzah1:

From the ama on Reddit I gathered the designer wanted to include Ice Man along with others but due to a combination of reasons could not. One of those proposed reasons was, since Marvel approves all figures included, that they rejected the idea because of projects they had planned which included said character. Its just a possibility but those pieces of info point to me that any mainstream X-Men is probably not going to be made until their MCU phase comes. I would love to be proven wrong and see some X-Men content before but I think Firestar was included because of her appearance in the 90’s cartoon and is not a prominent X-Men figure. I presume Ice Man is being saved for his MCU debut.

I was confused to hear Mary Jane couldn’t be made because she has an MCU variant out. Mysterio, Peter Parker, Aunt May, and to some extent Punisher and Daredevil also have had MCU representation. I have a theory that because they swapped her race for the movies they don’t want merchandise of her classic redhead depiction out while the movie franchise is released. To some that theory may be ridiculous but in my eyes the only difference she and other MCU characters  have that also got conic depictions is, that she is one of a few that got race swapped. Might have nothing to do with it but I’m trying to justify why Lego would use that excuse.

I have seen renders of the building in tan and honestly think I would have preferred it in that color. The grey is very reminiscent of modern architecture which I resent to a degree lol. The Bugle is still amazing and I caught that they included a meme in Peters office. Personally hope the next one we get is the Avengers Tower/Stark Tower (are they also the same building in the comics?) with some obscure characters. Mrs Marvel Carol Danvers (yes the Gamora hairpiece would actually work for her lol), classic Hawkeye, Namor, who knows. Personally really hoping this is the beginning of a Marvel modular series similar to creator and Ninjago. Although I hope they begin introducing new moulds in these large sets even if they reuse them later on, or at the very least include more leg printing. Firestar really needed some and the 2 that got it (Carnage and Green Goblin) came in other sets before this. Would it have killed them to give leg print for just 1 figure? She actually could have done good with dual molded legs. Oh well at least she’s sort of an X-Men right?

Edited by cosmic

Anyone plan on modifying any of the figures when they get the Bugle?  I feel like civilian Gwen would be greatly improved with the minidoll Supergirl hairpiece and the legs from Daphne or Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch.

26 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

It isn’t believable. 

Is anything in comics believable?  A man bitten by a spider becomes spider man.  Captain America is super human from a serum he was given.  Wolverine has a metal skeleton.  

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Anyone plan on modifying any of the figures when they get the Bugle?  I feel like civilian Gwen would be greatly improved with the minidoll Supergirl hairpiece and the legs from Daphne or Age of Ultron Scarlet Witch.

Not really modifying but I plan on swapping Ock, Goblin and Sandman out for older variants because the current ones aren't my preferred looks.

17 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I have a theory that because they swapped her race for the movies they don’t want merchandise of her classic redhead depiction out while the movie franchise is released. To some that theory may be ridiculous but in my eyes the only difference she and other MCU characters  have that also got conic depictions is, that she is one of a few that got race swapped. Might have nothing to do with it but I’m trying to justify why Lego would use that excuse.

Classic MJ has had tons of merchandise since the MCU spidey movies started coming out, she's gotten atleast 1 new ML figure fairly recently. This theory feels kinda tinfoil hat-ish to me, like something one of those youtubers who complain about politics in video games would make up.

24 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

It isn’t believable. 

It's a fictional character in a fictional universe, doesn't need to be believable

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I've purchased the Ginny Weasley from the newest Burrows set, I intend to use the torso for Gwen. There aren't many green casual clothed female torsos that are also flesh skinned (or show no skin), and it's not the closest green to her green jacket, but it's simple enough IMO. I was intending to just use plain purple legs, but Daphne is actually a really good idea

I also bought the Big Time suit, only cared the slightest about the Spider Lair for the figures, and now Goblin's in the Bugle, need to buy BT and the Homemade suit

14 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

Not really modifying but I plan on swapping Ock, Goblin and Sandman out for older variants because the current ones aren't my preferred looks.

Classic MJ has had tons of merchandise since the MCU spidey movies started coming out, she's gotten atleast 1 new ML figure fairly recently. This theory feels kinda tinfoil hat-ish to me, like something one of those youtubers who complain about politics in video games would make up.

Fair enough. But then why would Lego say they didn’t include her because she has an MCU depiction when Mysterio could have the same said about him?

I'm finally pulling the trigger on that Spider-Helicopter set from 2014 so I can get Mary Jane and Power Man. I'm just going to add more characters to the display and have it be a very chaotic corner of my city, which is better than my original city display from a couple years ago that had supervillains running amok and causing destruction everywhere. I'm not sure if I'll modify any characters, though. I'll probably swap in the original Carnage and maybe the full Sandman figure since I prefer those variants, and Gwen could use some modifying but I might as well whip up a whole new purist custom out of recycled parts for her. 

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

It isn’t believable. 

Hes a pig version of a man who can climb on walls and has the senses of a spider. Whos arch enemy is a green man in purple clothes who rides a hoverboard. And hes friends with wizards and a Norse god. And him and all his friends fought a purple man with magic rocks. A talking pig sounds downright realistic compared to this crap:laugh:

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Fair enough. But then why would Lego say they didn’t include her because she has an MCU depiction when Mysterio could have the same said about him?

It does seem like LEGO is trying to maintain some consistently between movie and comic/game face prints when possible.  MCU and comics Peter Parker share the same face print, (so do MCU and comics Vulture for that matter).  A lot of the Square Enix Avengers shared face prints with their MCU counterparts.  Presumably, the sets for No Way Home will feature MJ (and possibly Ned, whose comic counterpart was also not included in the Bugle despite being a prominent Bugle reporter).  I can also guess that May, Jameson and Betty being present in the Bugle probably means their MCU counterparts probably won't be featured in the No Way Home sets.

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It does seem like LEGO is trying to maintain some consistently between movie and comic/game face prints when possible.  MCU and comics Peter Parker share the same face print, (so do MCU and comics Vulture for that matter).  A lot of the Square Enix Avengers shared face prints with their MCU counterparts.  Presumably, the sets for No Way Home will feature MJ (and possibly Ned, whose comic counterpart was also not included in the Bugle despite being a prominent Bugle reporter).  I can also guess that May, Jameson and Betty being present in the Bugle probably means their MCU counterparts probably won't be featured in the No Way Home sets.

All in all, let's call it like it is:

A lazy excuse.

3 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Absolutely, essay incoming:

Carnage: Swapping for the much superior version we got in 2015, it fits more with the rest of the 616 inspired set while the Carnage we've been getting for the past few years is the Ultimate design.

Gwen Stacy: I'm still not really sure if I want to change her since it's not supposed to be the classic Gwen.

Peter Parker: I'm thinking of switching his head for something else as I'm sick of the MCU Peter Parker/Scott Lang face, especially since this is supposed to be a comics set and not an MCU set.

Punisher: Considering changing Frank's face to something a little more serious. His alternate face where he has the scowl was going to be my permanent face for him, but the bandage sort of ruins it.

Green Goblin and Doc Ock: Debating whether or not I should switch both to the classic versions that came in the 2016 sets, so I might have to buy the 2016 Tentacle Trap set (plus it would give me classic Vulture). The ones we got are really good, they're great modernizations from the recent comics or based on the PS4 game, but I feel like the really classic designs would work a little better instead.

Sandman: The clone trooper head has got to go, but I haven't thought of any alternate options yet. And at this rate, I don't think we're ever going to get a version where his torso is just the green striped shirt that isn't in half sand form and a regular arm to go with it. 

Jameson: His widow's peak is switching to the flat top hairpiece that the 2004 version had. Although if I do that, the TV screen stickers with his face on it will look inaccurate thanks to the hair.

Robbie Robertson: His face is getting changed from old Lando to young Nick Fury/Cyborg's since he's never had a mustache. The torso is going too since he's always worn a vest with a tie (why is he wearing a sweater in an office anyways?). Only problem is that I haven't been able to find the right torso for that yet.

Ben Urich: Changing the face with the Justin Hammer minifigure, as he's also always been clean shaven in the main 616 Earth. His torso will change too since he's always worn a trench coat, and right now Ross's torso from the Friends Central Perk set is the perfect replacement. 

Everyone else is either perfect as they are or figures I just don't care for, like Amber Grant or Bernie the Cab Driver.

Edited by TheBatstan

40 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Carnage: Swapping for the much superior version we got in 2015, it fits more with the rest of the 616 inspired set while the Carnage we've been getting for the past few years is the Ultimate design.

Gwen Stacy: I'm still not really sure if I want to change her since it's not supposed to be the classic Gwen.

Peter Parker: I'm thinking of switching his head for something else as I'm sick of the MCU Peter Parker/Scott Lang face, especially since this is supposed to be a comics set and not an MCU set.

Punisher: Considering changing Frank's face to something a little more serious. His alternate face where he has the scowl was going to be my permanent face for him, but the bandage sort of ruins it.

Green Goblin and Doc Ock: Debating whether or not I should switch both to the classic versions that came in the 2016 sets, so I might have to buy the 2016 Tentacle Trap set (plus it would give me classic Vulture). The ones we got are really good, they're great modernizations from the recent comics or based on the PS4 game, but I feel like the really classic designs would work a little better instead.

Sandman: The clone trooper head has got to go, but I haven't thought of any alternate options yet. And at this rate, I don't think we're ever going to get a version where his torso is just the green striped shirt that isn't in half sand form and a regular arm to go with it. 

Jameson: His widow's peak is switching to the flat top hairpiece that the 2004 version had.

Robbie Robertson: His face is getting changed from old Lando to young Nick Fury/Cyborg's since he's never had a mustache. The torso is going too since he's always worn a vest with a tie (why is he wearing a sweater in an office anyways?). Only problem is that I haven't been able to find the right torso for that yet.

Ben Urich: Changing the face with the Justin Hammer minifigure, as he's also always been clean shaven in the main 616 Earth. His torso will change too since he's always worn a trench coat, and right now Ross's torso from the Friends Central Perk set is the perfect replacement. 

Everyone else is either perfect as they are or figures I just don't care for, like Amber Grant or Bernie the Cab Driver.

*Scribbles down notes furiously* Love the thoughtfulness!

37 minutes ago, Umbrage82 said:

*Scribbles down notes furiously* Love the thoughtfulness!

Glad someone enjoyed it, I was worried I was going on a rant there.

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some reliable people have said that he's not only returning - he's also the main villain *huh*

I absolutely hate that tho. I wonder if this is what Marvel considers a spoiler, there's a big chance that not and we'll get him in a set.

Man, if all these rumours about MCU Spider-Man 3 turn out to be true then it's gonna be a way worse movie than Raimi's Spider-Man 3.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

Jameson: His widow's peak is switching to the flat top hairpiece that the 2004 version had. Although if I do that, the TV screen stickers with his face on it will look inaccurate thanks to the hair.

Very comprehensive!  You raise a lot of good points.  I'll probably end up switching out the villains you mentioned, as I do already own the previous versions of them.

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Very comprehensive!  You raise a lot of good points.  I'll probably end up switching out the villains you mentioned, as I do already own the previous versions of them.

Another satisfied customer, glad you also liked it. I'm also open to any suggestions if anyone has them for any of the head/torso replacements I mentioned FYI.