Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can't believe it's our second fake Captain Marvel leak :laugh_hard:

So it was a fake? Good, there's hope for a better figure!

Full thoughts on the sets after official pictures:

Dragon Flyer: Fantastic as a standalone set, kinda weak as an expansion. Minfigure selection is weak, 2 repeats and only 1 new character. The build is quite perfect. The value is there. Overall 7.5/10.

Hydra Face-Off: One of my favourite 4+ sets ever, but it's still a 4+ set. Minifig selection is superb, both of them are exclusive. Builds work really fine. Overall 8/10.

Iron Monger: Probably the 2nd best set of the wave. Minfigure selection is excellent, not only in terms of design, but the fact that all 3 are exclusive. The build itself is incredibly well done, especially how mechanical it looks. It's really oversized tho. Value is definitely there. Overall 9/10.

Final Battle: Dream for any Marvel fan. Minfigure selection is great, although Black Panther should have been... anyone else. Thanos is incredible. Other minfigures in terms of design are either okay (Thor and Cap) or bad (Wanda and Iron Man). Build works fine (except for the jail), not a fan of those attachments on sides (should've been just side builds). Van is great tho. Some accessories for minfigs really suck (Wanda's pink powers, stud shooter for Chiaturi, Thanos' exceptionally long sword, Stormbreaker). Price is outrageous, 90€ for over 500 pieces. Overall 7/10.

Guardians' Ship: Best set of the wave. The ship is literally perfect, it doesn't have a single flaw. The stand is an incredible addition. Minfigures in terms of design are either perfect (Star-Lord and Groot) or just good (the rest). I think they should've replaced Chiaturi with Drax tho, Gamora would also be lovely. 1900 pieces for 150€ is an incredible deal. Overall 9.5/10.

Definitely gonna get that Groot, he looks amazing and I feel obligated because of my Groot collection :head_back:

Probably also gonna get the Rocket, and maybe star lord if I like it enough/if its cheap

Don't really feel the need to spend 150 on the ship when I have the old one, especially with everything else releasing this year

It seems like all the summer sets are being put on Lego.com except for SW and marvel. SW makes sense as its not revealed yet but marvel was just revealed so shouldn't it be up? Its also not a Disney thing as the Mickey Mouse sets are there.

The Harry Potter accessory pack and Ninjago sets have been added to S@H today so I hope the Marvel sets aren't far behind. Can't wait to see some more pics in true HD quality :excited:

Dangit, the more I see the Benatar the more I like it. It's too bad the figure selection sucks but it's just as well as most of my LEGO budget goes to Star Wars and we're rumored to have a bunch of awesome big expensive sets this fall. It at least looks incredible all the way around and inside and out and if I somehow have budget for it after everything else I'll consider it. The stand is certainly a nice touch. The more I see the Iron Monger the more okay I am with it but it's still massively oversized. I might end up getting it but it's really low on the totem pole. Now I can't wait to see how the shrunken Sanctuary II turns out. The figure selection already tells me it will probably be a pass but I'll wait to see the build before I pass judgement.

16 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Also pretty sure that Captain Marvel torso is misaligned. I'm 100% calling this as a fake leak.

16 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The plastic colouring on that figure looks off. Plus he is the ONLY one to have this source. I'm still saying it's fake until a reliable leaker can confirm it.

They hated me because I told them the truth :laugh:

4 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Dangit, the more I see the Benatar the more I like it. It's too bad the figure selection sucks but it's just as well as most of my LEGO budget goes to Star Wars and we're rumored to have a bunch of awesome big expensive sets this fall. It at least looks incredible all the way around and inside and out and if I somehow have budget for it after everything else I'll consider it. The stand is certainly a nice touch. The more I see the Iron Monger the more okay I am with it but it's still massively oversized. I might end up getting it but it's really low on the totem pole. Now I can't wait to see how the shrunken Sanctuary II turns out. The figure selection already tells me it will probably be a pass but I'll wait to see the build before I pass judgement.

I am curious to hear, why does the minifig selection suck? You've got 4 out of 6 Guardians, also both Star-Lord and Groot are incredible. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am curious to hear, why does the minifig selection suck? You've got 4 out of 6 Guardians, also both Star-Lord and Groot are incredible. 

Rocket's also really good! despite the "but his suit isn't grey.. it's bluish grey...." because I don't care

I'm curious how they will make Miek as a lego. Will he be considered as a figure? Or accesory + with the 30 USD mark, can we expect 1 more figure? I'm excited for this one! Potentially all figures are new. 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm curious how they will make Miek as a lego. Will he be considered as a figure? Or accesory + with the 30 USD mark, can we expect 1 more figure? I'm excited for this one! Potentially all figures are new. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Miek is just a printed head, which wouldn't even be that bad tbh.

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Miek is just a printed head, which wouldn't even be that bad tbh.

A minifigure head? Sure will do. I don't want him to be flat tile lmao. With that, I don't think 2 figs and a head would justify the 30 bucks price. So could be another figure.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

A minifigure head? Sure will do. I don't want him to be flat tile lmao. With that, I don't think 2 figs and a head would justify the 30 bucks price. So could be another figure.

Rocket would work just fine, or maybe even Valkyrie! I agree that 2 minfigures and a piece aren't that great for a 30€ set, but they've done it for example with this year's Tatooine The Mandalorian set.

12 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Rocket's also really good! despite the "but his suit isn't grey.. it's bluish grey...." because I don't care

Yeah don't get me wrong I think he's great, but Star-Lord and Groot are just... more great. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Rocket would work just fine, or maybe even Valkyrie! I agree that 2 minfigures and a piece aren't that great for a 30€ set, but they've done it for example with this year's Tatooine The Mandalorian set.

Or possibly the build is really small and there's a Professor Hulk bigfig, that's very wishful thinking though :tongue:

Okay, here are my thoughts:

Dragon Flyer: Great set, love that it can be switched to "fire-mode". Also it's nice to have exclusive figure in one and small set. Definitely will get that one.

Hydra Face-Off: Don't care about this one, but it's pretty nice for 4+. Maybe will get that one in the future for Hydra Agent.

Iron Monger: Best set of the wave, best mech from Marvel. Love new Iron Man suit, and Obadiah is great too. Mech looks even frightening, at some point. Wonder what's in the black box?

Final battle: Well, this one is better than 2019 version for sure. But I think it's too expensive, so either I will buy it for 40% and more (and then upgrade it), or just buy the minifigs and stickers from BL.

Guardians' Ship: My second favorite set. Love that it has interior, even though there's not much, that it has exclusive figures and that it has stand for the ship! 

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Harry Potter accessory pack and Ninjago sets have been added to S@H today so I hope the Marvel sets aren't far behind. Can't wait to see some more pics in true HD quality :excited:

They’ve basically added everything scheduled for June, except for the Marvel sets :laugh: Let’s hope we get to see the New Asgard set too :moar: 

12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Or possibly the build is really small and there's a Professor Hulk bigfig, that's very wishful thinking though :tongue:

That would be lovely but I don't think it's likely at all :sceptic:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

They’ve basically added everything scheduled for June, except for the Marvel sets :laugh: Let’s hope we get to see the New Asgard set too :moar: 

I can't wait to see New Asgard, as we know literally nothing about it.

Wonder when this and Sanctuary II will be revealed tho.

13 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hahahaha if this happens I'll eat my Mark 85 minifigure

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hahahaha if this happens I'll eat my Mark 85 minifigure

Well if that happens be sure to contact @Puresh for some preparation tips :laugh_hard:

I honestly don't like the Benetar. It is too similar to the IW 2018 version, of which I have built. The main thing I was hoping for was more interior room, especially for that price. Oh well, that Iron Monger set is my favorite. The build is damn near perfect.

I think it may be the only set I end up buying aside from the Bugle 

Why do some people have a problem with the fact that the new Benatar is... similar to the old Benatar? I mean it's the same damn ship after all :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do some people have a problem with the fact that the new Benatar is... similar to the old Benatar? I mean it's the same damn ship after all :laugh_hard:

it is the fact that it looks too similar build wise. I don't like repetitive builds

5 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

it is the fact that it looks too similar build wise. I don't like repetitive builds

I get it, but what did you expect? A Quinjet? 

There's an extent to which you can make a build different and upgraded. For example people interested in Lego Star Wars are used to it - they know that another TIE Fighter won't be a whole new ship.

As someone who has the old one and rarely ever buys repeats of sets cause I only can afford a few sets a year, I am really tempted by the new Benatar. I’m hoping there will be a way to modify the interior for it, but it may work the way it is. The biggest thing I noticed was that the front cockpit finally looks like it does in the movies—they got the right slope.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I get it, but what did you expect? A Quinjet? 

There's an extent to which you can make a build different and upgraded. For example people interested in Lego Star Wars are used to it - they know that another TIE Fighter won't be a whole new ship.

this is just my bias showing 😅 I am not keen on vehicle builds normally. I much prefer playset/location builds. A ship like this has to really blow me away for me to be impressed.