Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If it's a small limited number of these being given out, this would be one of the worst plays LEGO have ever done! I only pray they don't torture us with the possibility at claiming the other SDCC exclusives like this

They've been doing this for a while now.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don‘t you mean July? Black Widow is the one still scheduled for May :wink:

you're right! my bad. 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Am I seriously the only AFOL on planet Earth that likes the nonsensical DC/Marvel/JW vehicles?

most likely. I am prejudice against them lol

The repeats of the aim agents, the different helmets, the missed endgame locations, and character variants, and the lack of reasons why Lego decided to do a video game tie in was a bit annoying for fans.

Edited by HRC

23 minutes ago, HRC said:

The repeats of the aim agents, the different helmets, the missed endgame locations and character variants, and lack of reason why Lego decided to do a video game tie in was a bit annoying for fans.

Exactly. You summarized it better than I ever could

I gotta say I’m not really that bothered by the random stupid vehicles either. For me, it has a classic sort of appeal that just reminds me of old school lego vehicles and they’re kind of fun. Useless of course, but I typically enjoy them well enough. I absolutely understand why people can’t stand them though. High building standard and all that. But I really only buy super heroes sets for the minifigures. But I still buy the sets rather than BL the figures (for the most part) because I think the builds are fun, even if I end up scrapping them for parts later on

The problem for me arent the random vehicles themselves, its the fact they only seem to do boring vehicles.

I'd rather for lego to go 100% it and gave us wacky vehicles instead of trucks and planes

28 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I'd rather for lego to go 100% it and gave us wacky vehicles instead of trucks and planes

Exactly. Instead of giving us silly vehicles for a character that obviously shouldn‘t have any, why not give the colourful, wacky vehicles to the villains? :laugh: Basically, just swap the villains with Spidey and we‘re all set. The best non-MCU Spidey builds so far were the venomised builds. More of that, please :sweet:

Granted, some kids may think it‘s unfair if Spidey has to fight his enemies without any gadgets or personalised vehicles. Then again, even young kids should realise he‘s a superhero and therefore doesn‘t need any of that. Does Superman need vehicles? :tongue:

With LEGO's love for dumb vehicles and their passion for helicopters I'm suprised they still haven't made the Thanoscopter :tongue:

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Does Superman need vehicles? :tongue:

Looks at the Supermobile

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

With LEGO's love for dumb vehicles and their passion for helicopters I'm suprised they still haven't made the Thanoscopter :tongue:

That wouldn’t be that bad actually because it’s A) from the comics and B) still makes more sense than a Spider-man monster truck :laugh_hard:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

That wouldn’t be that bad actually because it’s A) from the comics and B) still makes more sense than a Spider-man monster truck :laugh_hard:

That's the point. LEGO makes a lot of dumb vehicles and recolors them to be reused across themes but when a theme actually has some kind of dumb vehicle in the source material they totally ignore it. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Its from the comics

Tbh, just because a build is comic accurate it doesnt mean its good.

Thanos Copter being the obvious exception to this, give it to me now

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks at the Supermobile

Not to mention LEGO loooves making helicopters. They make like 20 of them every year, it's astonishing they haven't made a Thanoscopter yet.

They'll eventually end up doing the Thanoscopter, even if its just by random chance

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The best non-MCU Spidey builds so far were the venomised builds. More of that, please :sweet:

I can kinda see where you’re going with this. The Giant Venom Mech is a really useful build and the figures in that set were fun. I think the venomized dino is fun if a little repetitive and I loved Spider Ham. But the 2013 Shield Car vs Venom and Daily Bugle will always be the best non MCU spidey sets for me. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If we get a figure of Wanda in her comic-accurate Halloween costume I can die happy :wub_drool:

Or just give us a regular comic incarnation of Scarlet Witch. In the halloween costume you see the string around her neck and you can tell its a get up of her classic costume. I’d rather have a figure that is not based on Wanda wearing a costume similar to what she wore in the comics, but just her regular classic outfit. To each his own though. 

On the discourse of useless vehicles, I get how it’s necessary for lego because kids love this stuff. But don’t kids also like those giant oversized figures? Like the civil war ant-man or Ares builds. I’m sure Marvel and DC both have enough characters to do more of that. Brick built Galactus, Trigon (I always thought he’d make more sense being built like a Bionicle figure), Chemo and Giant Man. I’d like to see more sets on those guys.

And also sets like the Monkey King Mech that have both vehicles and structures. We can do small builds of both. That has always been an option. If structures are too hard to incorporate in a SuperHeroes build why not just make it a super small side build alongside whatever mech they’re given? I’ve seen lego make builds that are “waste of parts “ before. Thoughts on how this would play out?

Edited by cosmic

4 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Kingwong posted a pic of various minifig heads.... 2 of which were venom and Spider-Man. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Batman, Vader and a Scout Trooper are all upcoming cowl/helmets/busts so this probably hints at similar sets for Venom and Spidey.

Honestly I think he might have mistaken Venom with Carnage, and then the 18+ November set is Spider-Man's head. I mean it would make sense tbh...

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count on the Spider-Man one

Hmmm. Interesting. 
*pulls out red yarn and walks to cork board

he also could have mistaken carnage with spiderman, which would make alot of sense color-wise.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

But the 2013 Shield Car vs Venom and Daily Bugle will always be the best non MCU spidey sets for me.

How is this better than the bridge

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

How is this better than the bridge

Because I forgot about the bridge. The bridge, Doc Oc and Ghost Riser sets were indeed the best. I am so angry I never bought the bridge I was in love with it when it first came out and time just flew before it got discontinued. I never pursued it but it was the best. I have the Ghost Rider set and its one of my favorites. The Doc Oc set is also a favorite, his machine feels so authentic to his character, White Tiger was a great figure to get, Captain Stacy was refreshing and the build was solid. Whatever year that was, definitely ruled. It just slipped my mind. Hehe 

Every Friday I want WandaVision sets more. LEGO please give them to us... 

Ahh the good old 2016 Spidey wave. I wish we could get something like the bridge battle again