Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Does anyone have the new sets and if so, what do you think of them?

I picked up the Batmobile and Batcave at the Lego store this morning and they’re awesome! Some of the best DC sets we’ve seen in a while. I think I’m also going to grab the Technic Batmobile eventually. I’m surprised how popular it was at the Lego store.

Just bought via bricks and pieces the 89 batmobile GWP. So no booklet or box, but still all the pieces with official lego. Gonna snag an 89 Batman from Bricklink. This way I have the 66 batmobile, the 89 batmobile. And I will get the Batman v Superman, Tumbler and The Batman batmobiles. Really cool to display all 5 of them next to eachother.

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Just bought via bricks and pieces the 89 batmobile GWP. So no booklet or box, but still all the pieces with official lego. Gonna snag an 89 Batman from Bricklink. This way I have the 66 batmobile, the 89 batmobile. And I will get the Batman v Superman, Tumbler and The Batman batmobiles. Really cool to display all 5 of them next to eachother.

That’s exactly what a I did and I am glad I did, one of the best Batmobile I think. Also, that’s exactly what I am planning to do as well :grin:

2 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

how much did it cost? and were all of the pieces on the site? (obviously excluding the plaque)

6 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I've been displaying the on-screen Batmobiles together as well. Love the Battinson Batmobile. It doesn't disappoint!

IMG_1022

IMG_1021

7 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I also BrickLinked the pieces I needed, which were only about a dozen in total, so built the 89 GWP. Have both '66 batmobiles, the 89, the new small tumbler and the Batfleckmobile all lined up in my display cabinet. Just waiting on the The Batman to round out the collection.

@Moon_Knight - nice!

Edited by ApocSlay
Updating to include second post

4 hours ago, Surge said:

how much did it cost? and were all of the pieces on the site? (obviously excluding the plaque)

It was 48 euro's excluding shipping.

40 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I've been displaying the on-screen Batmobiles together as well. Love the Battinson Batmobile. It doesn't disappoint!

IMG_1022

IMG_1021

Do you have one from Batman V Superman and Justice League??

44 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Do you have one from Batman V Superman and Justice League??

Yup, they're in the second photo, in between the Tumbler and the Battinson Batmobile but not super visible. Here's a better photo:

IMG_1024

I've taken a few of my own creative liberties with them but they're awesome sets!

49 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

@Moon_Knight - nice!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

@Moon_Knight I love how you modded the hood of the Battison Batmobile, I might have to try that myself.

wait, it is modded? what did he change?

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The bumper is black, the grey "stripes" (not sure what to call them) have been lowered and the greebling between them, which was mostly done with stickers on the official set, is brickbuilt. I believe that's all the changes. 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

The hood looks so much better, the silver was grey in the official set and too tall. Pull up an official image and compare the two hoods. I like what’s been done in Moon Knight’s version.

24 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The hood looks so much better, the silver was grey in the official set and too tall. Pull up an official image and compare the two hoods. I like what’s been done in Moon Knight’s version.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The bumper is black, the grey "stripes" (not sure what to call them) have been lowered and the greebling between them, which was mostly done with stickers on the official set, is brickbuilt. I believe that's all the changes. 

Ooooh, now that I know where to look at it really is different, and much better I'd say! The fact I couldnt notice at first glance shows how good of a mod this is!

I'm so going to copy it :devil:

11 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Ooooh, now that I know where to look at it really is different, and much better I'd say! The fact I couldnt notice at first glance shows how good of a mod this is!

I'm so going to copy it :devil:

Please, go right ahead!

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Agreed! I hated the tall bars on the hood. I added the flat silver pieces and put red transparent plates underneath to give the light up look. I'm also personally not a fan of shooters, either, so I removed those and modded the front as well. Here's an image of the front:

IMG_1033

I wish I could've made the bumper more color accurate but they don't have Slope 45 2x1 with Cutout without Stud (Part 28192) in flat silver and dark gray looked silly with the flat silver bars.

I do have to say all the credit for my mod goes to @TheBatstan and Henkvdl05 on Rebrickable. TheBatstan shared Henkvdl05's design (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-89968/Henkvdl05/the-baterson-batmobile-2022/#details) and I drew heavy inspiration from it for the hood. I really liked Lego's model other than the hood, the shooters and bumper so I just changed those. Not sure if I'm quite satisfied with the bumper so there may need to be some rework. I put red transparent studs behind the black 1x2 grill (Part 2412b) but I can't decide if red or orange is more accurate.

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I do have to say all the credit for my mod goes to @TheBatstan and Henkvdl05 on Rebrickable. TheBatstan shared Henkvdl05's design (https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-89968/Henkvdl05/the-baterson-batmobile-2022/#details) and I drew heavy inspiration from it for the hood. I really liked Lego's model other than the hood, the shooters and bumper so I just changed those. Not sure if I'm quite satisfied with the bumper so there may need to be some rework. I put red transparent studs behind the black 1x2 grill (Part 2412b) but I can't decide if red or orange is more accurate.

Glad to be of service! I still consider it lucky I managed to find that design after searching for MOCs of this Batmobile, this one shared a LOT of similar design elements in common with the official Lego version, which was even better. 

I've actually been tinkering with Henkvdl05's design in Stud.io for the past few days now along with building the front of the official design to compare how it would look, and it's amazing how similar they appear. I love how Henk made the sides for his front, it looks just like the real thing with how curved it is, compared to what Lego did with just throwing in a bunch of slopes and calling it a day. 

I'm not entirely satisfied with the front grill area though. I really liked how Lego made theirs, while the custom design looks a little too chunky. I might change the bottom grill part to black instead of keeping it all dark bluish grey, but I'm not 100% certain on that yet. 

I also took some added liberties with Henk's design by lowering his version by one stud, giving it a lower profile that I feel works very well, and it's something I'm going to do with the official design with the back wheels to slightly lower how angled it is:

Final

MzeXv8s.png

38 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Glad to be of service! I still consider it lucky I managed to find that design after searching for MOCs of this Batmobile, this one shared a LOT of similar design elements in common with the official Lego version, which was even better. 

I've actually been tinkering with Henkvdl05's design in Stud.io for the past few days now along with building the front of the official design to compare how it would look, and it's amazing how similar they appear. I love how Henk made the sides for his front, it looks just like the real thing with how curved it is, compared to what Lego did with just throwing in a bunch of slopes and calling it a day. 

I'm not entirely satisfied with the front grill area though. I really liked how Lego made theirs, while the custom design looks a little too chunky. I might change the bottom grill part to black instead of keeping it all dark bluish grey, but I'm not 100% certain on that yet. 

I also took some added liberties with Henk's design by lowering his version by one stud, giving it a lower profile that I feel works very well, and it's something I'm going to do with the official design with the back wheels to slightly lower how angled it is:

You convinced me to update the transparent 1x2 plates underneath the flat silver bars to transparent orange. Looks much better!

10 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Lego Aussie Batman fans. 

The Tumbler D2C is on the kmart website for $300 ($100 saving)

Be quick! 

Thanks for the tip. Sold out in SA (or no stock received yet), but able to pick it up on Amazon AU price match.

It was a slow find near Asheville NC, but the Tumbler has finally popped up somewhere I could grab a copy. The Batman Begins suit might just be one of the most subtle updated designs I've seen in a DC minifigure. There are slightly fewer lines for detailing (with the exception of little "points" near the neck where the movie's cape attached, nice touch), which definitely gives it a smoother look more befitting the film. The belt is the most noticeable change. The old version is more intricately detailed, and much thinner; it's probably more proportional to the movie, but I like the newer one looking more in line with belt sizes on other Lego Batmen. The back is quite obviously different, but won't really matter too much for most people.

The big downside is switching back to the "standard" Batman face instead of the unique head the last one has. I legitimately hate that Lego never used that face again, as both sides not only work better for a "serious" Batman than the cocky grin, but the old face's printing looks so simple and cartoonish in comparison now. I finally caved and ordered a handful of those on bricklink for my main display figures.

And of course, the fear gas face is A+, but literally everybody already knows that.

Now if someone would just actually put The Batman sets on shelves, I will be a happy man. Literally every local Walmart and Target I have checked has been so slow to stock any Lego it's insulting.

Edited by BaneShake

So I finally picked up the Batman Harley Penguin pack with my recent purchase at the Lego store today. I gotta say I take back what I said about Harley, this figure is amazing! The hammer build is very disappointing and I got so many spare pieces with my purchase I truly believe a different choice of parts for that build and possibly including more parts for the hammer feels very plausible in hindsight. Besides that the face and hair combo is amazing, and I actually grew to love her face print. I still think a darker more sinister print should be made but I do enjoy this figure.

Besides the ugly hammer design I guess I also wish she had dual molded legs or that the higher top hat mould used in the Series 18 clown figure was used for the Penguin. This older short top hat has had its moment already I really don’t know why they keep up with this piece.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Besides the ugly hammer design I guess I also wish she had dual molded legs or that the higher top hat mould used in the Series 18 clown figure was used for the Penguin. This older short top hat has had its moment already I really don’t know why they keep up with this piece.

I completely agree, I can’t see any reason why they didn’t use the better top hat piece.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:18 AM, TheBatstan said:

Final

MzeXv8s.png

Thank you for the shout out. I quite like the amalgamation you did between my MOC and the official LEGO set. I am also quite intrigued with the similarities between my MOC and the official set, considering that mine has been on Brinklink since 28 Dec 2020 https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=193009. 

I desperately hope some non cinematic comic or cartoon inspired sets make it out this year. I’d really hate if the Batman sets were all we got. We still need so much out of this theme I hope we get some kind of curve ball. I’d love to be pleasantly surprised by at least one new hero or villain or exciting new variant by years end.

But I could definitely see these being our only standard sets with mosaics or art sets or polybags or battle packs thinning out the remaining waves. Hope I’m wrong

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

But I could definitely see these being our only standard sets with mosaics or art sets or polybags or battle packs thinning out the remaining waves. Hope I’m wrong

I think it’s reasonable to expect a summer wave this year. With talks about Klarion and the Batman Beyond™️, I think we could expect sets.