Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

@Ashnflash: And here I thought people would know what April Fools’ day was, it’s not like it was invented two years ago :laugh_hard:

If it’s any consolation, I thought it was a funny prank :laugh: 

It was a great prank, and I find it surprising that after all those years people still can't tell a difference between a custom set or a fake leak and actual sets and leaks.

So the development of New Gods as a film series has come to an end, as does hope of any sets based on it.

For the first time in quite some time I’m actually disappointed.

The Joker 4+ set is $30 USD but £25. The 1966 Batmobile is also $30 USD but it’s £35?! $30 USD in the exchange is £21.67 plus your VAT it’s £27. So why on Earth am I paying an extra £8 just because I live in the UK?

The 1966 Batmobile is also an extra €5 EUR than the Joker 4+ set. Something’s not right somewhere down the line.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

It is a little weird that the Batmobile is more expensive in the UK for some reason. Over here the Joker 4+ set is $40 Canadian, while the Batmobile is $35.

25 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

It is a little weird that the Batmobile is more expensive in the UK for some reason. Over here the Joker 4+ set is $40 Canadian, while the Batmobile is $35.

That's also very strange. I am going to call LEGO tomorrow about this as this all seems very inconsistent.  

11 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That's also very strange. I am going to call LEGO tomorrow about this as this all seems very inconsistent.  

I just assume that they use small market segments as test cases to see how the differing prices affect their sales (presumably with an intention of maximising profit through adjusting prices to find the sweet spot between supply and demand). It allows them to test without affecting their major markets and most consumers would have no idea that the pricing was different to overseas.
Another example is in Australia the Vader and Scout Trooper helmets are both $90 and the Probe Droid is $120 while in the UK the Scout Trooper is £45 while Vader and the Probe Droid are £60. The pricing there is just as inconsistent in that Australia pays 33% more for the Probe Droid than Vader or the Scout Trooper, while UK pays 33% more for Vader or the Probe Droid than the Scout Trooper.

12 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The Joker 4+ set is $30 USD but £25. The 1966 Batmobile is also $30 USD but it’s £35?! $30 USD in the exchange is £21.67 plus your VAT it’s £27. So why on Earth am I paying an extra £8 just because I live in the UK?.

That is really annoying and I thought €35 seemed unfair to $35. xP 

35 minutes ago, timemail said:

I just assume that they use small market segments as test cases to see how the differing prices affect their sales (presumably with an intention of maximising profit through adjusting prices to find the sweet spot between supply and demand). It allows them to test without affecting their major markets and most consumers would have no idea that the pricing was different to overseas.
Another example is in Australia the Vader and Scout Trooper helmets are both $90 and the Probe Droid is $120 while in the UK the Scout Trooper is £45 while Vader and the Probe Droid are £60. The pricing there is just as inconsistent in that Australia pays 33% more for the Probe Droid than Vader or the Scout Trooper, while UK pays 33% more for Vader or the Probe Droid than the Scout Trooper.

That’s really strange. Thank you for making me aware of this.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:48 PM, PGBQW said:

Lmao how could anyone think it looks real

I do wish we'd get those variants, tho

I too fell for this when I first saw it online. I was actually excited somehow debating buying it because I really wanted the shark repellant piece. 

19 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

So the development of New Gods as a film series has come to an end, as does hope of any sets based on it.

It's not like we'd get sets for it anyways.

We didn't get sets for SHAZAM, so we sure as hell wouldn't get sets for New Gods.

With all those DC movies coming out, I hope Lego finally realises how much potential there is in this theme.

22 hours ago, Hellfire said:

We really do get shafted in the country. I'll still buy it asap but I'll be angry about it!

I would urge you and everyone thinking of getting it at £35 to hold back. It will only encourage LEGO to increase UK prices even further if we give in.

The minifigure scale Batmobile from 2019 (set 76119) had almost the same number of pieces and also had two minifigures that were the same characters as this latest set but was priced at £10 less. Inflation doesn’t account for the 40% price hike. A message needs to be sent to LEGO HQ that stupid pricing does not happy customers make. As much as I like this latest Batmobile, I’ll be waiting until there’s a substantial discount at Argos, Amazon or Zavvi.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like we'd get sets for it anyways.

We didn't get sets for SHAZAM, so we sure as hell wouldn't get sets for New Gods.

With all those DC movies coming out, I hope Lego finally realises how much potential there is in this theme.

I kind of get the spin they gave for doing it. It’s a crowded field and they want to focus on the immediately upcoming ones, but it seems daft when recognition of Darkseid couldn’t be greater. It was worded like it was benched rather than canned, but we shall see. I can’t say the same for The Trench. I really hope Lego restores its faith in this theme. It seems crazy that the MCU is getting retrospective sets and the Worlds of DC gets sets almost out of reluctance. If they only did tie-in sets for The Suicide Squad I’d be happy. A Black Adam JSA set won’t go wanting either. 

13 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I kind of get the spin they gave for doing it. It’s a crowded field and they want to focus on the immediately upcoming ones, but it seems daft when recognition of Darkseid couldn’t be greater. It was worded like it was benched rather than canned, but we shall see. I can’t say the same for The Trench. I really hope Lego restores its faith in this theme. It seems crazy that the MCU is getting retrospective sets and the Worlds of DC gets sets almost out of reluctance. If they only did tie-in sets for The Suicide Squad I’d be happy. A Black Adam JSA set won’t go wanting either. 

Just imagine Black Adam sets, this has so much potential! Not only Black Adam played by The Rock himself, but there's whole JSA in that movie.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I would urge you and everyone thinking of getting it at £35 to hold back. It will only encourage LEGO to increase UK prices even further if we give in.

The minifigure scale Batmobile from 2019 (set 76119) had almost the same number of pieces and also had two minifigures that were the same characters as this latest set but was priced at £10 less. Inflation doesn’t account for the 40% price hike. A message needs to be sent to LEGO HQ that stupid pricing does not happy customers make. As much as I like this latest Batmobile, I’ll be waiting until there’s a substantial discount at Argos, Amazon or Zavvi.

Good point. I'll do my best to resist.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just imagine Black Adam sets, this has so much potential! Not only Black Adam played by The Rock himself, but there's whole JSA in that movie.

With that film there’s potential for Adam, Dr Fate, Atom Smasher, and Hawkman with non flimsy wings. With the Squad there’s King Shark, Peacemaker and his toilet seat helmet, Starro, and so many others. I shan’t get my hopes up though.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

With that film there’s potential for Adam, Dr Fate, Atom Smasher, and Hawkman with non flimsy wings. With the Squad there’s King Shark, Peacemaker and his toilet seat helmet, Starro, and so many others. I shan’t get my hopes up though.

The thing with TSS is - it's R rated. They can't make sets for this even if they wanted to.

What they CAN do is make either tie-ins for this movie (Suicide Squad sets but based on comicbooks) OR include some of those character in a future CMF series.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The thing with TSS is - it's R rated. They can't make sets for this even if they wanted to.

What they CAN do is make either tie-ins for this movie (Suicide Squad sets but based on comicbooks) OR include some of those character in a future CMF series.

Supposedly Black Adam too

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We got Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Croc, and Katana in n tie-in sets. There is a teeny bit of hope.

29 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Is that right? I’ve not seen that. Bummer if it is.

3 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

There is a teeny bit of hope.

Not really, the only set unaccounted for (besides the D2C vehicle) is a $40 set. Theoretically, it could be a TSS inspired tie-in, but then we’re looking at 2 new characters tops :grin: Still better than nothing though

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Is that right? I’ve not seen that. Bummer if it is.

Well no confirmation, but it's rumoured

46 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Do you really think they'd make The Rock's DC movie R rated?

There has never been a rumour like that, and it won't be R rated.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you really think they'd make The Rock's DC movie R rated?

There has never been a rumour like that, and it won't be R rated.

Not all rumours are true, that's why they're rumours

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not really, the only set unaccounted for (besides the D2C vehicle) is a $40 set. Theoretically, it could be a TSS inspired tie-in, but then we’re looking at 2 new characters tops :grin: Still better than nothing though

Given the misinformation that has been circulating this year with various themes, I’m not entirely convinced. Anyway if it proves a popular and successful film then there is hope. 

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Not all rumours are true, that's why they're rumours

I love this. I think this is the most accurate take and what often seems to be forgotten in this forum.

25 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I love this. I think this is the most accurate take and what often seems to be forgotten in this forum.

Might add this to my bio then :laugh: