Sign in to follow this  
Bociephus

[M11 - Corellia - CorSec] Ready for Repair

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

I'm not sure how to post images in here yet, hope this works: 

Rebel hangar

Story: Captain Bociephus Laeten touched down with his A-wing in the empty hangar. Unlike most places he had served in the Rebellion, this site was virtually free from dust and grime that was typical of crowded, rag-tag landing areas. Though not a fighter pilot by profession, Laeten knew how to operate the A-wing, which he had custom outfitted for his missions. Not this mission, however. This mission was different than anything he had done previously: recruiting. 

"Captain!" shouted a voice above the A-wing's whining engines as it powered down. The cockpit canopy rose as Laeten stood and looked at the figure standing on a balcony behind him. 

"Greetings from Chandrila, Ambassador Giles," replied Laeten, giving a wave to the Vurk alien who represented the New Republic on Corellia. Giles has served as a requisition officer with the New Republic Navy until the war had ended at Jakku. He was then reassigned as the chief diplomat to Corellia, an important task for ensuring the planet's shipyards and arms factories stayed out of Imperial hands. 

Laeten got off his ship and met Giles at the bottom of the balcony's stairs, shaking his hand. "It's good to be here sir. Thank you for the invitation."

Giles flashed a grin that thanks to his nosehorn was only visible if you were looking at him from the side. 

"When I was told that the best field soldier in the New Republic wanted another assignment besides guarding politicians, I made sure to make room for you on our mission here on Corellia," he said. 

"I've trained soldiers to fight after they've already decided to join. I've never helped anyone make that decision before," replied Laeten. 

"Nevertheless, your experience and presence will help boost the ranks of CorSec. Doing so is the primary objective of First Senator Mothma," said Giles. "Local sectors must be responsible for their own defenses."

Laeten nodded. He liked the leader of the New Republic, but as with many who served on the front lines, who lost friends in the war, disarming just didn't feel right. But good soldiers follow orders, and he was one of the best.

"I will make sure Corellia has all the personnel it needs to keep the peace," he said.

"Good," said Giles, handing him a data disk. "Then read up about your first mission. You'll have your first batch of recruits once they've seen you in action."

"Action?" said Laeten, surprised. "Are you telling me there's still Imp forces on Corellia?"

"More than you know," said Giles.

Really great build! Love all the small details. The dialogue is nice too

7 hours ago, Simulterious said:

Lovely build, great to see Corsec in action! 

Thank you! Helping build up CorSec's forces as we hunt down Moff Pyerce. 

4 hours ago, halixon said:

Really great build! Love all the small details. The dialogue is nice too

I appreciate your comment! The dialogue was fun to write. Always good to write some solid headcanon. 

7 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Great build, nice use of the road plate.

Thank you! I found the road plate was a great way to add detail to a scene without using up lots of bricks. 

As others have said, a great build - the A-wing looks really sleek and the road plate really works well as a hangar floor. Glad to see some more action from Corsec!

Yes yes yes. Solid build, wonderful writing, great worldbuilding. Welcome to Factions, I'm so excited you're here.

Nice build! The A-Wing is great and I like a lot the hangar details. That plate is my favourite for hangar floors :purrr: 

Great work! I love the Aurebesh letters above the door, the door itself, and your A-Wing. I'd love to see a picture that is angled lower down to give a more immersive perspective.