Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB2] Carpenter's School Eltina

War between Corrington and Oleon has driven the Beauchamp Ship Yard to capacity. To meet the demands of the Crown, additional shifts are being added to keep construction underway around the clock. This has introduced a new capacity problem, a lack of skilled carpenters. Undaunted, Admiral Beauchamp had a solution in mind. 

CarpenterSchool

The newly opened Carpenter's School in Eltina (Large Educational License) provides the skillset needed to fill in the ship yard's additional manpower requirements. 

CarpenterSchool_9

Once again, the Admiral has called on one of his veteran's, Captain Marcel "The Little Warrior" Renoir. Beyond his short stature, the name comes from his firey temper. Just the man to oversee a program taking in sailors with dubious backgrounds (certainly not meant to imply piracy) and whip them into professional craftsmen. 

CarpenterSchool_6

The curriculum begins with basic woodworking skills, either to be validated or taught depending on the student's aptitude. 

CarpenterSchool_3

From their, students move upstairs for the classroom portion, to learn the technical art of ship design. 

CarpenterSchool_4

Work crew chiefs from the ship yard rotate through instructor positions to keep their skills sharp and for a break from the stress of the pace in Breshaun. 

CarpenterSchool_10

After a few weeks in the classroom, the students move downstairs for practical application. 

CarpenterSchool_5

The war ship cross section is clearly the focal point of the facility and a great aid for teaching the lines of a good ship. 

CarpenterSchool_2

As a final exam, students demonstrate their personal skills and ability to work on a team in constructing a launch. 

CarpenterSchool_7

With success comes a position as a carpenter in the Beauchamp Ship Yard. 

15 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

the ship section steal the show 

Thanks Professor. I was struggling with how to make this stand out as clearly a carpenter's school and not just a big building. In another forum somebody had posted an amazing cross section of a ship of the line, much taller,wider, and deeper (maybe a quarter of a ship complete with a story unfolding) but I'd thought the visual of the cross section was super cool.

Well done. You had a lot of good ideas about the interior details. I like the stories of the Beauchamp Family. I especially like the connection to some previous buildings. Everything fits together.

Very nice digital build! I love the details all round, such as the book cases and the winding staircase leading to the first floor. The cross-section is a nice addition to mark this as a shipbuilding school. I also like that you've added all aspects of shipbuilding in this school, ranging from practical woodworking to learning the technical know-how of how a ship is built.

Along with the other compliments mentioned I really like the way you used the log torso with the palm tree trunks 

Fantastic job! I love your builds, always so well made.