Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

8 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Well we will see but I wouldn´t wonder if they do that kind of GWPs in different sizes. As for the Vector, I think it depends on how true they want to stay to the original. I mean obviously the builds will get modernised, and the vector would need quite some modernisation. So it would likely end up beeing a bit bigger - the question would be though, is it still recognizable enough as the vector, and likely it isn´t. So yeah, they might choose something else. but wouldn´t wonder if we see an M-tron GWP this year

I don’t tink builds will get “more” modernized. Forestmen’s Hideout GWP only has a few minor changes, jus staying faithful to its original set’s design. 

8 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

They definitely could update the Vector Detector to modern standards, IMO, but since the Particle Ionizer is more iconic and easier to adapt, I feel like that would be what we get if there is an M;Tron GWP. 

I would actually hope for that one as obviously it is the better set. And is way easier to modernize a bit, without getting to far away from the original. I mean with the Black Tron GWP or the Forestmen one they found a good balance between original and modernization IMO

3 minutes ago, Lion King said:

I don’t tink builds will get “more” modernized. Forestmen’s Hideout GWP only has a few minor changes, jus staying faithful to its original set’s design. 

Yeah, as I wrote, likely it would just need to much modernization.

An other good Set would be the LEGO 6941 Battrax | Brickset - I kinde struggled with it at first since it got way more Parts than the other GWPs had - but it doesn´t seem that big actually, so there might be a chance it will be that one

5 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

An other good Set would be the LEGO 6941 Battrax | Brickset - I kinde struggled with it at first since it got way more Parts than the other GWPs had - but it doesn´t seem that big actually, so there might be a chance it will be that one

While a good choice, the Battrax seems unlikely due to its reuse of the Invader's nose slope (which would have been printed in the Blacktron Cruiser GWP if LEGO had planned to make the Battrax as well). It should be an easy MOC/mod of the Invader GWP, though - I will probably try it at some point. 

Although I’m very excited about space-themed sets, there is no way we know better right now. I think we only know prices, piece counts, regular and GWP stuffs. A description of a black ship is kinda vague.  And no set names yet.

So.. we will hae to wait a bit for some months, shall we?

Edited by Lion King

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Per BrickMerge, via @Falconfan1414, sets 40715 and 40716 (Alien Pack and Alien Planet Habitat) are going to be GWPs. 😕
This is rather disappointing, both due to their (lack of) availability and to the possibility that they will be BrickHeadz-style display items (rather than Minifig-based). 

Another space set! 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Per brickmerge: 

10341: LEGO Icons Space (Release 2024) 
No other information is available yet, but this is not 10391 LEGO Moments Space - brickmerge has listings for both sets!! 

@danth

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

I saw a report that a licensed/NASA Space set is comming in 2024.

Licensed is confirmed, but NASA is not yet. I did ask @Brick Clicker about it on Discord. 

I’d imagine more of a real life space set so I’d bet it’s NASA licensed

On 8/11/2023 at 7:46 AM, Khargeust said:

Yellow since flesh colored are reserved for licenced figs but this custom thing sounds very intriguing to me to the point where I wonder if this new set really has anything to do with a Space set as we understand it. Customization is intrinsic to LEGO, I don't understand why the emphasis is put on this feature, especially for Space where the minifigures often have helmets. Really, it raises questions.

However, we've seen this customization feature on another set (foosball) that isn't(?) licensed and it has flesh figures. My idea is that it gonna be some sort of city-space ship with a character creator like that foosball set. I imagine it's gonna use those same heads because of how those foosball pieces are being repurposed everywhere.

4 hours ago, Time77 said:

...I imagine it's gonna use those same heads because of how those foosball pieces are being repurposed everywhere.

I wonder if they're taking apart sets to reuse the pieces, given how poorly it appears to have sold...

On 8/25/2023 at 9:29 PM, RichardGoring said:

I wonder if they're taking apart sets to reuse the pieces, given how poorly it appears to have sold...

I remember hearing about them doing that in the past from some lego employee; maybe? I doubt they'll go the chima route

11 hours ago, Time77 said:

I remember hearing about them doing that in the past from some lego employee; maybe? I doubt they'll go the chima route

Well maybe they did it with Sets like the Osprey that they didn´t sell in the end. but for Sets that just sell bad I think it is just easier to lower the price - in the end the product still will be around for long enough to sell it. In the end it is not that they would normally produce that many sets at the begining that they wouldn´t be able to get them sold. I mean usually they would just produce more once the ones produced are sold, so you just are not going to do that if you don´t think you can´t sell them

Also, what is the chima route?

On 8/25/2023 at 9:29 PM, RichardGoring said:

13 hours ago, Time77 said:

Considering that we have not gotten a Creator 3-in-1 Black Knights’ Castle with reused pieces from the Black Panther bust, I doubt that the foosball heads are being reused either. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Considering that we have not gotten a Creator 3-in-1 Black Knights’ Castle with reused pieces from the Black Panther bust, I doubt that the foosball heads are being reused either. 

I'd write to them and suggest it. They probably haven't thought about it, but will jump at the chance!

:laugh:

10 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Also, what is the chima route?

Just giving stuff away; I remember them doing that for a few of the chima speeders.

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Seems oddly specific.. Hmmm.

21 minutes ago, Time77 said:

Seems oddly specific.. Hmmm.

I have no information - My point was that LEGO is not reusing parts from a set that did not sell well. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

On 8/29/2023 at 10:59 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I have no information - My point was that LEGO is not reusing parts from a set that did not sell well. 

You don't know that. The only reason we even know about the re-uses of the foosball pieces is because they're "unique" figure parts and not the general bricks that compose the BP bust; its much easier for BP pieces to slip by because of how generic its pieces are (black is one of THE most commonly used lego colors with white and the grays)

Edited by Time77

59 minutes ago, Time77 said:

You don't know that. The only reason we even know about the re-uses of the foosball pieces is because they're "unique" figure parts and not the general bricks that compose the BP bust; its much easier for BP pieces to slip by because of how generic its pieces are (black is one of THE most commonly used lego colors with white and the grays)

We do not know that the foosball pieces are being reused, though. Additionally, if LEGO did intend to reuse pieces, I think that they would just retire the sets that are selling poorly instead of keeping them for sale and parting them out. 

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I suspect that the cost to LEGO of parting out packed sets is significantly higher than the cost to manufacture new things from scratch.

I agree. It just isn't worth it for them to tear into sets that didn't sell and repack them in another line.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:42 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

We do not know that the foosball pieces are being reused, though. Additionally, if LEGO did intend to reuse pieces, I think that they would just retire the sets that are selling poorly instead of keeping them for sale and parting them out. 

We don't, but I think it's likely considering the number of times pieces are being re-used.

I never meant to imply that lego is parting sets out; I think they're trying to sell their already made boxed copies and re-purposing the bins of un-packaged parts.

It's absolutely possible that they have an oversupply of certain parts from low demand sets and are putting those parts into other sets to use them up...