Dyen

Lego 42082 - C model Reach Stacker

Hi everyone, after a few months I finally finished my alternate model from Big Red - set 42082 which is this Reach Stacker. Model has lot of functions, some of them are operated manually and five of them are powered by L motor. It is really huge: 60 cm length, 20cm wide (spreader 34,5 cm!), 27,5 - 39cm for height. Dimensions for container are 26,5 x 12 x13,5 cm.
It has fake 6 cylinder inline engine and you can look at it if you open the engine cover on the front, you can also open cabin doors. On the right side you can find lever for operating 3 functions - raise and low the boom, sliding cabin and sliding counterweight.
50509454408_9e1f3d4aed_z.jpg

That is first gearbox, second gearbox is in the arm where are two functions - for extend boom and spreader. When you turn motor on, the orange light on the arm starts rotating. Only weak part in this model is steering in my opinion - it has not so big turning radius as I wanted because of that sliding mechanism and if you play with it for a while(driving,steering..) , it can touch a little bit the frame over the rear wheel. Reach stacker in official sets exist only like B model for set 42009( I mean in bigger scale, 42062 is reach stacker too) and that´s why I decided to build this one as a C model from quite big set. 
All functions are in video.

INSTRUCTIONS HERE: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-56222/Dyens Creations/42082-c-model-reach-stacker/#details
50510165531_475a6de4dc_b.jpg

50509454113_8db2913fa8_b.jpg

50509454553_619f3b95b0_b.jpg
More photos here on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142407982@N08/albums/72157716543807696

Edited by Dyen

Very nice build. Orange rotating light is very nice touch :thumbup:

Really nice model.

The general look is gorgeous and stickers do great justice to the model.

Linear actuators limit the max height but you can't get better from a c-model.

Did you try mounting the long linear actuators and doubling the front wheels (as a mod) ?

Very nice build! I especially like the way you have used the curved gear racks. Bravo!

Thank you guys!

On 10/20/2020 at 9:03 PM, fosamax said:

Really nice model.

The general look is gorgeous and stickers do great justice to the model.

Linear actuators limit the max height but you can't get better from a c-model.

Did you try mounting the long linear actuators and doubling the front wheels (as a mod) ?

I did not try it, but maybe in future. Sure it would be better with new long actuators (like on the real machine..), but functional spreader without red 8Tgear (that one without friction, which is used in 42009 for this function especially) was quite a challenge to create similar mechanism 

Hi all! If you are interested, my instructions for this C model are on rebrickable now! Model has 3500 parts and 1400 bulding steps! 
Enjoy the build ! 

50572962316_1acd73cc7a_b.jpg

Instructions are on a nice level also. Forelock did again a great work with detailed BI including stickers.

21 hours ago, fosamax said:

Instructions are on a nice level also. Forelock did again a great work with detailed BI including stickers.

Thank you! We decided that this C model deserves placing original stickers in instructions :) 

Sure. Anybody can take a look at your 42069 helicopter alternate which got revised BI by forelock and is available for free. Really great work.