amorti

Brunojj1's mind-opener - red supercar - free instructions now available for static version

3 hours ago, amorti said:

I think the CaDA version is an improvement, as the longer soft hose has less tendency to pull out. It also holds the curve nicely.

If you don't have red 15100 connectors though, the other solution will also work.

Maybe CaDA learned a lesson from the centenario about restricting themselves to pieces in the TLG parts catalogue? I reckon they'd have sold more in one of the other colours t_lego has shown, especially black and yellow.

I have had no issues with the hole pulling out. Though it does require a slightly shorter one, 16L instead of 19L. 

And yes, offering multiple colors was a huge missed opportunity. The original black one was built by a friend of mine, and it’s badass. A lot of other companies thought so too... 

Edited by LvdH

13 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I understand your idea, but it looks like it would be very hard to disassemble...

You have a lot of flexibility in the side bolster of the seat and nothing is really cross braced, so removal isn't that bad.

Yours is a more correct solution in terms of legality.

Well, a big thank you to @brunojj1 for this brilliant model!

Had the best of times building it. It took me about a week to build it. 

Good/excellent parts, good instructions (some minor mistakes) and brilliant looks!

Did a quick video of the pictures I usually take during the building process.

Enjoy it, like I did!

Edited by JunkstyleGio
Text added.

@JunkstyleGio :  Thank you and all other guys for posting your feedbacks, I´m glad you like it! For me it´s weird, but one bothering thing I´m used to observe in almost every review: the rear fenders should be attached horizontally, one stud higher on the front panel. Also the flex axles on the rear spoiler should be going behind and around the 5x7 panels, forming a nice C- curve.

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

the flex axles on the rear spoiler should be going behind and around the 5x7 panels, forming a nice C- curve.

That reminds me...

800x450.jpg

E129 isn't really clear in where those soft hoses go. They seem to be pointing into the holes of the 1&2 panels, but are you saying it's not correct? I did have doubts because it doesn't really reach.

800x450.jpg

Do I have the rest correct?

I think I see what @JunkstyleGio has done, which is put the front mounting pin into the hole in the panel, rather than the connector on the back of the panel. It's shown with yellow circles in step E125 and is very easy to correct.

800x450.jpg

The one thing that I couldn't get right in my mind was these "floating" 3L axles with a stud on the end just behind the wheels. Is this right?

800x450.jpg

Thanks ?

Ps: Please ignore the temporary wheels. I need to go fetch the final set from the post office at the weekend. I'll put some more pictures when I got them.

Edited by amorti

I changed the temporary wheels...

800x450.jpg

For some black ones:

800x450.jpg

While the look is exactly what I wanted, unfortunately the quality of these Chinese Bugatti wheels is absolute dog-mess. The pins which should hold them to the hubs don't have much of any ridge, so they don't "click" in. As a consequence, they fall straight back out again when you drive the car.

Very disappointing, since I traded the good quality CaDA wheels (which I just didn't like the chrome finish) for these.

This type of thing reminds me one of the reasons why there's so much hate for Chinese bricks. Some brands just don't get it right.

2 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

Very weird that the rims "don't click". Mine do perfectly!

The CaDA ones did, but I just didn't like the chrome effect.

These black rims are from some other Chinese brand, and they're junk. Should've kept the OG's.

That is sad! You should have gotten the rims from bricklink or brickowl..

I personally love the metallic rims!

BTW.. Is there an app (for google OS) available on which I can operate this model?

Edited by JunkstyleGio

18 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

That is sad! You should have gotten the rims from bricklink or brickowl..

I personally love the metallic rims!

BTW.. Is there an app (for google OS) available on which I can operate this model?

Original Lego wheels would definitely be a safe bet for better quality, but they're too expensive to buy just for a colour change.

I don't think there is an app. CaDA don't claim this model operates on Bluetooth, because then you'd need a Bluetooth license. Rather, it operates on 2.4Ghz radio, which doesn't need any license. I think.

For me, phone apps are not worth the trouble anyway, physical controllers are much nicer. So much so that I bought a gamepad to use with BrickController2 for my PoweredUp and Buwizz batteries.

If you want some nice rims, the Sian wheels fit very well. It’s about €40 for a set on bricklink.

It's really a shame because those reminded me of another random red supercar with these aftermarket wheels.

Ferrari-488-GTB-Series-21-S21-01-%C2%A9-

But, these OEM wheels look enough like Porsche wheels, that I'll go with those instead.

ferrari_488_pista_26.jpg

Let's click Submit and see how big the images turn out...

On 11/18/2020 at 3:07 AM, JunkstyleGio said:

Well, a big thank you to @brunojj1 for this brilliant model!

Had the best of times building it. It took me about a week to build it. 

Good/excellent parts, good instructions (some minor mistakes) and brilliant looks!

Did a quick video of the pictures I usually take during the building process.

Enjoy it, like I did!

Forgive me if this has been answered before, and also for not taking the time to look up the exact rules on this sort of thing.... but I thought we were not supposed to post about non-Lego sets/elements.  

I am not complaining.  I want to know for my own selfish reasons.  I have just purchased CADA's version of the Centenario and I am very pleased with the quality I see.  Technically its a holiday gift from my wife so "technically" I am not supposed to see it yet... but I am pleased.   I wanted to discuss it, but have been refraining b/c I thought no non-Lego speak was the rule here.  

5 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Forgive me if this has been answered before, and also for not taking the time to look up the exact rules on this sort of thing.... but I thought we were not supposed to post about non-Lego sets/elements.  

I am not complaining.  I want to know for my own selfish reasons.  I have just purchased CADA's version of the Centenario and I am very pleased with the quality I see.  Technically its a holiday gift from my wife so "technically" I am not supposed to see it yet... but I am pleased.   I wanted to discuss it, but have been refraining b/c I thought no non-Lego speak was the rule here.  

Indeed this is a discussion we had several pages back. The topic was moved to the "community" forum but then moved back here again. So it seems we're allowed to discuss this particular set. It remains to be seen if this is an exception.

@nerdsforprezThis model is an original MOC. (It only happens to be a "CaDa master series" too. With the explicid permission of the MOC builder.)

I do not know if the Centenario  was a moc first before it became an "Externally Produced" set.

30 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

@nerdsforprezThis model is an original MOC. (It only happens to be a "CaDa master series" too. With the explicid permission of the MOC builder.)

I do not know if the Centenario  was a moc first before it became an "Externally Produced" set.

The Centenario was also made with permission of Tlego, but a different agreement. Tlego was allowed to sell instructions and Bruno isn't. However this sadly means other companies are illegally producing the Centenario. 

18 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The Centenario was also made with permission of Tlego, but a different agreement. Tlego was allowed to sell instructions and Bruno isn't. However this sadly means other companies are illegally producing the Centenario. 

You seem to be implying that other companies can't clone the 488 Pista, but I don't see what would stop them, other than legal action by CaDA, but ostensibly that hasn't prevented the Centenario from being cloned either. Do you have some insight as to how this different agreement would impact the cloners' operation? Or am I reading too much into what you said? :sweet:

3 minutes ago, astyanax said:

You seem to be implying that other companies can't clone the 488 Pista, but I don't see what would stop them, other than legal action by CaDA, but ostensibly that hasn't prevented the Centenario from being cloned either. Do you have some insight as to how this different agreement would impact the cloners' operation? Or am I reading too much into what you said? :sweet:

Well yes I kind of am. Cada owns the full copyright to the C61042. Their legal team is located in China, so they can and will take action. DoubleEagle is actually quite a large company and has existed for quite a while so I am sure their legal team isn’t something to mess with. The Centenario on the other hand is freely available on Rebrickable. Knockoff companies can just say they didn’t copy Cada, but instead produced the Rebrickable version.

That’s what I understood of it anyway. But, I am not a lawyer. I never studied laws. What do I know? :laugh: 

@LvdH I see, thanks for clarifying! :sweet:

I find it hard to keep track of what's happening in China. It would be fun to see some article or press release saying "DoubleEagle has taken MouldKing to court ... The result was ...". I'd have my popcorn ready! :head_back:

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Well yes I kind of am. Cada owns the full copyright to the C61042. Their legal team is located in China, so they can and will take action. DoubleEagle is actually quite a large company and has existed for quite a while so I am sure their legal team isn’t something to mess with. The Centenario on the other hand is freely available on Rebrickable. Knockoff companies can just say they didn’t copy Cada, but instead produced the Rebrickable version.

That’s what I understood of it anyway. But, I am not a lawyer. I never studied laws. What do I know? :laugh: 

If they only have the right to produce it, can they even sue? I think not, it would have to be Tlego...

18 minutes ago, chekitch said:

If they only have the right to produce it, can they even sue? I think not, it would have to be Tlego...

The idea was since Cada is located in China they can protect his design. As an outsider, trying to sue a Chinese company? Yeah, good luck. It took all of LEGO’s lawyers to even get in a courtroom, and they must have a hundreds if not thousands.

After signing the legal contracts, I agreed to give cada full ownership of the IP. The instructions were published on Rebrickable before the release of the CaDa version of my Lambo which could have been a reason why so many knock offs are availble on aliexpress, amazon etc. Cada's legal team is filing lawsuits against a variety of those knock off companies as we speak. I have no idea how the legal system in China works but all I know is that since CaDa is based in China, they can protect the IP much much better than I can in my country. 

I would propose to shift back to the actual topic, discussing bruno's masterpiece, and continue the general third pary brick company discussions elsewhere.