The Neighborhood Merchant

[MOC] Ice Planet ARC-1 Mobile Command Ship

The ARC-1 or otherwise known as "Arctic One by the ice planet goers" is fresh off the assembly line and has been proven reliable in its heavy armor and smooth flying capabilities. Instead of it's normal use as a cargo carrier or space police prisoner transport, this particular model has been repainted and is being used by a crew of ice-jewel seeking adventurers that are always on the go.

50332174496_bd88b22a37_c.jpgARC2 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332339307_e8bf0055d5_c.jpgMinibase 1 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332339902_356cf630f4_c.jpgARC7 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332174326_3420b39499_c.jpgARC5 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

These adventurers spared no expense. Their modifications to the ARC-1 consist of a service robot, a portable refinery, a small survey tower, and a snow-mobile.

50332174436_317fb47d26_c.jpgARC3 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

The back can open up to store the service robot.

50332173771_097d739f7c_c.jpgARC10 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50331492973_daf8ba1b42_c.jpgARC1 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Due to the added snow-mobile in the storage bay, the cargo has to be held on the back. That must be one strong rope. :tongue:

50332339777_c60c1b81a0_c.jpgARC9 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

The middle cargo bay can easily be released to reveal the snowmobile.

50332173666_87183c1729_c.jpgARC11 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50331492743_602f8b202a_c.jpgARC4 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332174256_1dfc1e834a_c.jpgARC6 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332173481_9b86074b8c_c.jpgSalutations by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

50332174111_3e3f7e1ca2_c.jpgARC8 by The Neighborhood Merchant, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed! C&C always appreciated. Take care and, as always, happy travels, Earthling! :alien:

Edited by The Neighborhood Merchant

I love it!  First thing I noticed, the dice used as a shipping container with the Ice Planet tiles!  Smooth integration of newer pieces, especially trans-orange pieces.  Very clean!

Even though I have yet to collect any actual Ice Planet sets, I've always loved the color schemes and MOCs that come out of it, and this is no exception. Brilliant job as always, @The Neighborhood Merchant!

Others have already commented on the superb usage of that dice part, so I'll just say I love the use of that helmet and visor from the 2019 City Deep Space sets! Blends far better than I would've thought (along with the Res-Q torsos, naturally).

Really great work all around! My one question is if all three minifigs can fit into the craft, or if they have to draw straws to determine who gets to fly the ship out of there!

Edited by Mr Maniac

Thank you very much @Mr Maniac for the compliments! I only own the main ice planet ship, but I can definitely recommend the sets as they're wacky and fun to display with their neat color scheme. Ice planet MOCs are definitely my favorite, so I hope to make and see more in the future!

I'm glad to hear you liked the helmet. I didn't know if it would fit in or not, so It's great to hear that! The Res-Q torsos work perfectly in my opinion for Ice planet crewmen.

53 minutes ago, Mr Maniac said:

My one question is if all three minifigs can fit into the craft, or if they have to draw straws to determine who gets to fly the ship out of there!

Ha! :laugh: That would be quite the amusing sight to see, especially with the current scene of them being on some small ice caps. Technically you can, but you'd have to either have the snowmobile parked outside the ship, or both the crew would have broken spines whilst laying on it inside. I originally only planned on having the one figure and robot, but after seeing those Res-q torsos my mind was made up.

Glad you liked it, thanks again for the kind words, it means a lot!

Edited by The Neighborhood Merchant

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Technically you can, but you'd have to either have the snowmobile parked outside the ship, or both the crew would have broken spines whilst laying on it inside.

Well I can't see any problems with this arrangement. After all, minifigs are nothing if not tough (when you step on them)! :laugh:

Seriously though, no problem with the comments! Just keep those sweet, sweet vintage LEGO Space ships a-coming!

Edited by Mr Maniac