Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Oh hell no, unacceptable. You can clearly see in the cartoons there is some thickness to it and it better be a plastic piece.

I'm still wondering how they're going to approach Speedy (if at all). He could easily work as a regular minifig, much better than Tweety, but at the same time I want all characters to be more or less to scale. What a conundrum!

Speedy's first appearance was against Sylvester, so I put them together on my guess list. Maybe Lego can create a small dust cloud piece for him and Roadrunner.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Could definitely see them reusing this skirt piece for Marvin. it's not completely the right shape but the length would be perfect.

65753.original.png

The last time a full CMF leaked was the S21 Cabaret Singer and only the cloth piece was missing.

Chances are, Marvin's skirt thing will be a cloth piece and that's why it was missing from the leaked figure

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Chances are, Marvin's skirt thing will be a cloth piece and that's why it was missing from the leaked figure

That will be disappointing if indeed it turns out to be the case - cloth skirts always look better on the promo pics than in real life, and now that there are multiple plastic skirts in existence the precedent should have been set. 

19 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

That will be disappointing if indeed it turns out to be the case - cloth skirts always look better on the promo pics than in real life, and now that there are multiple plastic skirts in existence the precedent should have been set. 

I 100% agree with you. 

My final prediction:

1. Bugs
  2. Daffy
  3. Elmer (no brainers)
  4. Porky
  5. Marvin (confirmed)
  6. Sylverster (+ Speedy accesory)
  7. Granny (Tweety accesory)
  8. Wile .E. Coyote (Road Runner accesory)
  9. Yosemite Sam
  10. Foghorn (Henery Hawk Accesory, although I'd much rather prefer the dog)
  11. Taz
  12. Witch Hazel

No Lola please, she wasn't in the original cartoons. Personally I'd swap Taz for Pepe, but Lego doesn't have the balls to include him.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:28 PM, Alexandrina said:

Not just that, but on an individual level I don’t think it works. In general, I think cloth skirts can continue being used assuming the piece is appropriate for the figure. Marvins skirt protrudes and kind of puffs out of his body. It doesn’t flap down.  A cloth piece would not have the same rigid texture a plastic piece would have, which is what Marvin needs. A cloth piece will kind of droop down and his skirt puffs out, like a plastic piece would.

5 hours ago, BenderBrau said:
  1. Witch Hazel

No Lola please, she wasn't in the original cartoons. Personally I'd swap Taz for Pepe, but Lego doesn't have the balls to include him.

I had to look up Witch Hazel. She might have been in a lot of the original cartoons, but they don't seem to be the ones that are getting shown on TV nowadays (or at least, they weren't being shown when I was growing up). Bugs, Daffy, Sylvester, etc? All the time. Yosemite Sam and Foghorn? Sometimes. Never a witch.

Lola, by contrast, might not have been in the original cartoon but in the modern era she's one of the core stable. Personally I'd rather see her than a character I didn't grow up with - but more than that, merchandise is going to be based on what Warner Brothers see as the core cast. It's the same as Thomas the Tank Engine - any adult would name the core cast as Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Duck (numbers 1-8). The current officially recognised core cast is only four of them, Thomas, Gordon, James and Percy, as well as new characters Emily, Nia and Rebecca (the latter two not appearing at all during the Mitton era or even in the post-Mitton live-action series). Merchandise is focused on those seven, without regard to who was prominent in the original run.

I'd be surprised, therefore, if any of the Baby Looney Tunes cast (Bugs, Daffy, Sylvester, Tweety, Taz, Lola) don't appear.

@Alexandrina That may be true, but I'd rather they stick to the original characters as chances for any further sets/CMFs are, as far as we can tell, rather slim. That said it's a miracle we're getting them in the first place, I'll be happy even if it's 10 out of 12 characters I want. Also I wouldn't really mind Lola that much, she's one of the best characters in Looney Tunes Show

On a side note, I also looked up Witch Hazel's classic episodes and... there's only four of them? *huh* Sure seemed to me like it's more. On top of that I've never seen the last one (until now). BTW Taz isn't much better in that regard, only 5 classic cartoons.

15 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

On a side note, I also looked up Witch Hazel's classic episodes and... there's only four of them? *huh* Sure seemed to me like it's more. On top of that I've never seen the last one (until now). BTW Taz isn't much better in that regard, only 5 classic cartoons.

Marvin only appeared five times in the early years, and we know he’s coming. Turns out guest villains (as they would have been) were used quite sparingly. I never realised that it was that sparingly.

Leaked images of the Winnie the Pooh set have popped up, and Rabbit's head mold looks very much like what they will use for Bugs. 

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I really really really doubt Disney and WB will allow that

Are you talking about head mold for Rabbit and Bugs, right? If so, why you doubt about that? 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

14 hours ago, doclord said:

Leaked images of the Winnie the Pooh set have popped up, and Rabbit's head mold looks very much like what they will use for Bugs. 

I thought so as well, until the Ideas set was revealed today. Looking at their faces side by side it's clear Bugs needs a separate mold - he has a bit longer ears, eyes are a different shape, much smaller nose and, perhaps most important, unline Rabbit his buck teeth are always shown even with closed mouth.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:01 PM, BenderBrau said:

My final prediction:

1. Bugs
  2. Daffy
  3. Elmer (no brainers)
  4. Porky
  5. Marvin (confirmed)
  6. Sylverster (+ Speedy accesory)
  7. Granny (Tweety accesory)
  8. Wile .E. Coyote (Road Runner accesory)
  9. Yosemite Sam
  10. Foghorn (Henery Hawk Accesory, although I'd much rather prefer the dog)
  11. Taz
  12. Witch Hazel

yeah lego wouldn't want to be cancelled by all the weirdos who like destroying lives on twitter

I'm really looking forwards to these CMFs. Can anyone fill me in on what's been leaked so far and when we should expect them to come out?

Marvin (without his skirt) and Porky's torso have been leaked on Twitter. Nothing else has been leaked so far.

Edited by scoober boo

27 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm praying for Tweety. 

Why? What happened to him? :cry_sad:

Marvins full figure has leaked. The cloth skirt piece is such a disappointment. They did not capture the silhouette of the character at all (also fumbled that with skinny Winnie). The cloth piece is underwhelming and I wish they just printed lines onto the skirt piece @Brick Cucumber recommended. The rest is meh obviously his cartoon is drawn with skinny little legs and his thick lego legs felt off for that reason, he looked bulkier than the skinny cartoon we’re used to. But the cloth skirt only really messed up the illusion some more. Not the worst but honestly not a fan of that figure.

If I'm looking at the right image, that skirt is a disasterclass. It looks like he's wearing a grass skirt!

I definitely don't think matters are helped by Marvin having a plain red shirt on; the plain torso just makes the whole thing look unfinished even if it's not. Fingers crossed he's not representative of what's to come!

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Marvins full figure has leaked. The cloth skirt piece is such a disappointment. They did not capture the silhouette of the character at all (also fumbled that with skinny Winnie). The cloth piece is underwhelming and I wish they just printed lines onto the skirt piece @Brick Cucumber recommended. The rest is meh obviously his cartoon is drawn with skinny little legs and his thick lego legs felt off for that reason, he looked bulkier than the skinny cartoon we’re used to. But the cloth skirt only really messed up the illusion some more. Not the worst but honestly not a fan of that figure.

Someone pointed out on IG that the cloth skirt is from Poison Ivy, which is something I doubt would be reused outside a DC set.