I'd love to form some discussion here :)

800x450.jpg

Anyway - On my progress bar there are some improvements -

1. I've made my VW Camper lose the wing and the wheelie bars and just be a regular VW Camper as you can see above.
2. I'm currently refitting my V6 drag car to be as it should've been - red n black with azure interior as it's cousin - the V8.

800x368.jpg

800x368.jpg

3. I'm building another 42091 + 42090 alternate - a Police SUV with two pullbacks on a single axle. It wants to jump so bad.
It's still in sketch mode and I have to stiffen the frame to survive all the barrel rolls it's capable of. It's not symmetric as well - trying out different configurations.

800x368.jpg

800x368.jpg

800x368.jpg

I'm still gathering some photographic materials to make better shots - waiting for a proper tripod.
All of my current photos are from my phone. Any tips on how to make better photos are also welcome...
Next stop is getting some better lighting as well as these shots above used daylight and need lots of editing.

Edited by GTS

On 1/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, Jurss said:

interesting tire combination

So, I've finally revised my 42106 Drag Car - YT video here:

Instructions are here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-56255/kostq/2in1-v6-pullback-drag-car-42106c-model/
Gallery: https://bricksafe.com/pages/kostq/42106c-v6-drag-car-2in1-pullback

Clearly inspired by the Drag car from 42098B :)
I've upgraded it with pullback and lockable steering, detailed interior - seat, gear shifter, steering wheel, dashboard.

800x368.jpg

800x368.jpg

800x368.jpg

MANUAL MODE:- V6 connected to the rear left wheel ONLY.

640x360.jpg

PULLBACK MODE - pullback is engaged with the rear axle and V6.

640x360.jpg

A little nod to M_Longer :)
800x450.jpg

I've ordered 42116 and 42117 TWICE each for weird alt-builds. Also just bought Senna and Jeep. In the meantime I've got several unpublished mocs, so the feed will keep going :)

Edited by GTS

Looks like I've forgotten to upload my first big MOC video here.
Currently wondering whether or not to make a trailer for it out of the same set.

Also - Tomik has produced so many alt-builds that I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of them. So many good stuff to build, so little time!

Inspired by it's brother from 42101 I've made a rat-rod from 42116 too. Free instructions on my rebrickable and bricksafe profiles.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 

There are 3 more MOCs made from this set that I'm currently preparing too. The last one is still in progress, so it's not in the combo shot.

640x360.jpg

Also - I'm working on

1. ANOTHER 42106 car-related MOC, because why not.
  2. 42090+42091 - the SUV model is still in shambles but evolves slowly too.
  3. There are 2 unreleased 42090 C models as well. Some already with instructions even.
  4. A double 42117 MOC related to Star Wars if I find a slim Technic way to implement a core feature of it.
  5. 42122 articulated C model that requires some real-life printed materials to be continued. It'll be a scale "replica" as a C model can never be a perfect scale version anyway...
  6. 42123 Senna -> opened the box, have the idea, but it needs TIME
  7. 42096 C model - still on chassis level...

Tell me -

1. Which part of having a look at a new MOC is more important to you -
    Renders
    Real-life shots
    Youtube video
    Building instructions
    Build log /wip thread/?
  2. Why people always make an F1 and a helicopter alt-build out of almost anything? /guilty :D
  3. Bundles vs single purchases?
Edited by GTS

The 42116 alt-build family has grown to seven MOCs now. Introducing below - a phone/tablet stand, FREE PDF for the phone stand here

Second model is an off-road buggy with detailed interior and exterior. Click on the images to go to the instructions.

800x450.png 640x640.jpg
And my latest one -> A big rig truck
640x640.jpg  640x640.jpg

All of my 42116 alt-builds have a bundle now too.

800x800.jpg

I'm open to discussion.

Edited by GTS

z42090-dumper-truck_v04.gif

A pullback dump truck out of the Getaway Truck 42090.

The bed can be lifted/tilted and it can really dump cargo.
You don't see many of these around.

640x328.jpg640x470.jpg

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-74503

Do you approve my mad image editing skills?

Edited by GTS

22 minutes ago, GTS said:

Do you approve my mad image editing skills?

Hell yeah I do! The model as well :D

On 6/4/2021 at 10:23 AM, GTS said:

a pullback farm tractor/power puller

This could have been official B-model.

7 hours ago, Jurss said:

This could have been official B-model.

Very kind of you, thanks!

Thank you. I'm preparing ano0ther moc out of 42106 which is in the works.

I've made an RC conversion on 42039's B model. As for bigger sets - we'll see, I feel a bit burnt out currently.

Feature preview on the new moc - clearly inspired by another of 42098's B model parts -> A TRAILER. It can be daisy chained for ultimate road train experience.
Or you can put it in the middle of the 42098B model and turn it into an actual road train as seen below. It's more than a meter long in that config.

42106-tow-trailer.gif42106-tow-trailer-road-train.gif

I've bought a second 42106 and will try to assemble my truck again and check the combo potential between the two mocs.

For sure the trailer can tow the 3 other cars I've made from 42106, the JEEP fits too. And all the cars from 42098B too.

Edited by GTS

My failed attempt at TC18 is finally visible again - 42106 C model - Big Rig Truck.

I've made the truck compatible with the car transporter. Next step is to make my alternate trailer build from the same set work with the Big Rig truck .

Y9qms5d.jpg

0ioePej.jpg

rUmjFn2.jpg

The 42106 trailer is inspired by 42098's one,  but made entirely from 42106 parts. It's manual lifting, no worm gears, and can be daisy chained as seen above.

Still wondering whether to make it 2 in 1 - MACK compatible + car transporter compatible or just to leave it as it is. Help me out.

Edited by GTS

800x600.jpg42117x2-Biplane-mgif.gif
Dual 42117 can be made into this guy above. Instructions are in the signature.

Also - 42116 can be made into a semi-Citroen DS looking car with openable doors and hood. And no headlights. The B model had 1, so whatevs.
640x640.jpg42116-retro-car-DS-z-gif.gif

In the pipeline is a not-so-secret anymore combo off-road big-rig truck out of the Max-D and the Gravedigger's parts.
I'm still wondering how to route the power of the two pullbacks. It'll have 3 axles, so dual front power, or RWD as the russian off-road trucks do. Dunno yet.
Other than that I've populated my YouTube channel with almost all of my mocs. If you're interested you can check them there or scroll scroll scroll above.

AAAAAAAAAAAND the long-awaited front-loader video /42116 alt-build/.

Continuing my recent monologue here I'm reintroducing the 42106G model -> Road Train Car Trailer - or give me a better name for it.
For animations on how it works - see several posts above

640x623.png

640x503.png

640x570.png

Basically - it's the 42098B trailer without the worm gear and the gear rack. Only 42106 - Stunt Show parts are used. About 90% of them or more.
Differences from the original trailer include:
  - Loading the car in transport position is done by hand by two levers left and right being pushed down together.
  - Folding trailer stand - no worm gears used here too
  - Load ramps /like the og 42106 traielr/ and even some gears to have a spinner vibe.
  - Sturdier railings /made from a lot more than the 15 parts used in 42098B trailer/
  - Custom kingpin configuration - fits both 42098 and 42078 /you'll see in the video/
  - Additional FOLDING trailer hitch in the back. You can lower it, load a car and then extend it. Otherwise it's in the way.
  - Daisy chain design - you can chain several of these trailers to form a real road train.
  - Huge articulation angles both front and back - you can attach it to a MACK and even on a more inward-placed fifth wheel if needed

640x240.png

Color coding it was a nightmare but I've managed to make it look like something. YouTube video is still in progress.

Gallery is here /if bricksafe works/ -> https://bricksafe.com/pages/kostq/42106g-road-train-car-trailer
Instructions can be found here -> https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-87866

Using the 42098B and this the road train transports 3 cars and articulates in two spots. It's also over a meter long. But hey, it's a road train.
640x268.jpg
Good luck cornering and backing up with TWO trailers.

Also - you can see how it looks attached to the car transporter and to the Mack. I couldn't find 42098B io so I've took pictures in the gallery instead. Look at them for real impressions.

640x764.png

Edited by GTS

I can't believe this took 6 months to produce. And many procrastinations, fixes and re-shoots. And I'm already making another trailer out of these parts...

Still - a great fun to make a road train and roll it around.

Accidentally I've deleted the pictures from this post. I'll repost them next year.

Edited by GTS

A one-year-later addition to my YT channel - the video for the Dumper Truck I've made from 42090. There are two more models out of this.

Currently also working on: a lowboy trailer, two steam engines and a truck dolly :)

M5iwwakl.jpg4dDeBjwl.jpgv38H6vyl.jpgoveMA1wl.jpg

Some appetizers for you :) The pistons DO actuate as they should and it has opening doors like a proper supercar ;)

Edited by GTS