On 4/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Is any set known to have the number 71766? According to brick.ronin on insta there's gonna be a Borg tower set with 6873 pieces, with Borg, Garmadon, legacy Jay and Cole, and urban Kai and Zane. I highly doubt this is real, considering we have just had a massive 6000 piece D2C, and it seems way to good to be true, the minifig count seems quite low, and the dude only has one post. I'm calling Bs on this unless Guyon has any info but on the off chance its real, do you think it would be a good set? 

There is no way that’s true lol. We just had the Ninjago City Gardens, there’s no way Lego would come out with another Ninjago D2C so soon afterwards. If Lego ever does actually make a Borg Tower, I’m still not sure if I’d believe it with all the fake rumors we’ve had for it.

12 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

with EP V + VI we are now almost through half of the season.

I now wonder who the side character could be, in the Wohira set.

Probably Maya or Benthomaar. 

I also just noticed that Glutinous (the Maaray scientist with the mechanical legs) seems to be included in the temple set *oh2*

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

Is any set known to have the number 71766? According to brick.ronin on insta there's gonna be a Borg tower set with 6873 pieces, with Borg, Garmadon, legacy Jay and Cole, and urban Kai and Zane. I highly doubt this is real, considering we have just had a massive 6000 piece D2C, and it seems way to good to be true, the minifig count seems quite low, and the dude only has one post. I'm calling Bs on this unless Guyon has any info but on the off chance its real, do you think it would be a good set? 

Bruh, there was a similar fake leak regarding a Borg's Tower set back in like 2018, so there is no reason to believe this one would be any different. Especially considering the fact that the Ninjago City expansions seem the be the only D2C Ninjago sets that would be viable for a general AFOL audience. Kids don't have the money to buy a 400$ Ninjago set, and general AFOLs don't care about buildings that only appear in the Ninjago TV Show. I am sorry to say it, but Borg's Tower is probably too niche of a set to justify LEGO producing it. 

The Borg Tower "leak" was instantly dismissible for numerous reasons: misspellings, figure count vs piece count, timing. Move along.

We need those S15 final set images!

7 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

The nameless fig in the bounty is most definitely maya 

I’m glad to get maya over neither of them, but I have to say I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get Ray considering they both got new outfits and he’s seeming to be in the season more than I expected (all I expected as a brief cameo in one episode). Maybe a mini figure accessory thing, we haven’t got one since golden Zane  

Honestly I’m expecting Benthomar to be in the bounty and the chained up figure in the temple to be Maya. Guyon is also right about the glutinous dude, he seems to be there under the big prelim stamp if anyone still has the pics. Now all we need is that yellow dude and we will be set!

Also addressing the Borg tower stuff, I was well aware that it was more than likely to be fake, I was just putting the idea out there. Sorry if that has given anyone false hope, but I’m sure all of you here know that.

30 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Honestly I’m expecting Benthomar to be in the bounty and the chained up figure in the temple to be Maya. Guyon is also right about the glutinous dude, he seems to be there under the big prelim stamp if anyone still has the pics. Now all we need is that yellow dude and we will be set!

Also addressing the Borg tower stuff, I was well aware that it was more than likely to be fake, I was just putting the idea out there. Sorry if that has given anyone false hope, but I’m sure all of you here know that.

I think it’ll be the other way around. Maya in the Bounty and Benthomaar in the temple. The unknown figure in the temple - the one with a golden spear of some sort fighting a moray guard at the base of Wohira - has an exposed head and no wig like Benthomaar does in the show. Even if it’s prelim pictures, you’d expect Maya to be shown with a wig. 
And oh yeah, I see Glutinous now! I hadn’t noticed him before! That’s awesome!

So heres my fig count estimates for each set

Lloyd Hydro Mech - 2 Figures

Jay Sub Speeder Car - 4 Figures

Water Dragon - 5 Figures

Temple of Endless Sea - 7 Figures

Hydro Bounty - 8 Figures

6 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I think it’ll be the other way around. Maya in the Bounty and Benthomaar in the temple. The unknown figure in the temple - the one with a golden spear of some sort fighting a moray guard at the base of Wohira - has an exposed head and no wig like Benthomaar does in the show. Even if it’s prelim pictures, you’d expect Maya to be shown with a wig. 
And oh yeah, I see Glutinous now! I hadn’t noticed him before! That’s awesome!

Benthomar has the widows peak head piece/wig I think. Maybe it’s some other character that hasn’t been introduced? We will have to wait and see. Speaking of which, where are the set pics? At this rate Lego will just reveal them on their own.

Edited by a guy from somewhere

if they dont change anything (I doubt as final pictures of mech + car looked almost exactly the same as prelims) only Nya dragon + Sub Bounty's figures are not completely clear. In the bounty it looks like one figure is in the ship. Also it's not clear if all the ninja are indeed included and maybe one figure is a side character. But this I also doubt; probably its just all the ninja.

So maybe side characters in the Bounty, and very likely one in the temple.

If onle one of none comes, it wouldnt be the first time we barely got any side characters in actual sets. I mean this time around the sea population looks like it only consists of snake soldiers. I guess there was no budget for animation. In past seasons they had always a lot of funky side characters. Think of Hunted or SoG. Sooo many cool designs which were never done as actual figures.

I guess also the Legacy budget eats a lot of potential prints away.

8 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I guess also the Legacy budget eats a lot of potential prints away.

And that annoys me when the Legacy sets are modernized rehashes.

I would take one less Legacy set to have gotten the Upply for S13, for example. 

But I also understand the purpose of the Legacy sets, which aren't exactly geared towards adult collectors that want full TV show representation in toy form.

Edited by bricksnator

2 hours ago, bricksnator said:

And that annoys me when the Legacy sets are modernized rehashes.

I would take one less Legacy set to have gotten the Upply for S13, for example. 

But I also understand the purpose of the Legacy sets, which aren't exactly geared towards adult collectors that want full TV show representation in toy form.

To be honest, having followed Ninjago since the beginning... we probably never would have gotten the Upply in regular sets even if the MotM wave hadn't been running alongside Legacy. Heck, if anything, if prints and SKUs had been freed up from Legacy we'd be more likely to have just gotten figs like the Munce and Geckle leaders as pseudo-antagonists in sets, or best case scenario, getting figs of Vangelis (undisguised) or the Shintaro Guards as pseudo-allies. Assorted minor allies like the Upply who have no obvious alignment built into their designs and require more context from the show to truly understand don't really slot neatly into the very broad-strokes play scenarios that Ninjago sets typically depict—they're not unlike the numerous characters from early seasons of the show that got passed over in favor of focusing on the major "villain factions" like the Serpentine and Stone Warriors.

^ I mostly agree with that, though one exception comes to mind: the Season 4 Dojo Showdown set with Griffin Turner and Karloff. I would argue those two characters have no obvious alignment built into their designs. Yes, they are Elemental Masters, but from the box art Karloff is depicted as a villain and Turner as neither hero nor villain.

We can only speculate that sales of the most recent Ninjago minifigure 3-packs weren't up to snuff and that's why there hasn't been one since Season 11. The Upply would have slotted nicely into that format, much like the Elemental Masters did when released back around S7 or so.

So I’ve seen some of the concept art and models that never made it into the show and damn, it looks incredible. (This is from the 10 years of spinjitzu documentary) I’m digging the shuttle for season 3, and all the new concept art. It looks amazing, although I’m happy enough how the seasons turned out. I would of liked to have seen instead of the season 11 plot we got, the 2 factions going to war, and use ninjago as their battle ground. Maybe the ninja would have to end a feud as old as time itself? Or pick sides? (Ninjago civil war?) I think it would of had some really interesting plot points, but season 11 was good enough.

Back to the models, the Lloyds treehouse set looks alright, got to remember this was like 2010 or 2009. The iron doom is cool, not sure what’s up with the green hair. Honestly It looks like something out of hunted, it would of been a cool plot point to have the iron doom just appear and start wreaking havoc on the city. Obviously no snakes. We would only find out where it’s from in hunted, when a mysterious clan went missing years ago. By far my favourite is the cloud kingdom set, I love sets like these! Big temples on floating islands is my thing, and that just sells it really well! This all looks amazing. Well done to the people who worked on this documentary! 

24 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

They're here! Noice

Spoiler

Damn...... now thats a plot twist! 

Now, where are those summer set pics?

Spoiler

Damn, had me in the first half. The short really makes you think that the samurai warrior was the protagonist and narrator until the battle was over for a brief respute.

This is some dark stuff! So much darker than S.O.G. and Hunted. And I absolutely love it! The art style completely nails the atmospheres with some return to feudal roots. Yep, this something I've always wanted modern Ninjago to be.

Though I know that this is a reimagining, but it would be really sick if this is some hint on the future stories or seasons of Ninjago in the coming years.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

Spoiler

Wow did not expect the dragon to be the good guy. Was getting an Overlord vibe from his shadowy movements. 

If this is what the first episode of this is like. I can't wait to see the rest.

Really interested to see where this goes, and if the darker atmosphere will continue, or the plot they started in this short.