1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Maybe it has something to do with long-term exposure to salt water? No clue how that would affect titanium over an extended period of time but it would explain why he's wearing diving gear.

Yeah. I feel like now that he doesn't have the synthetic skin(?) that would prevent rusting and leaks he has to protect himself underwater, at least in prolonged circumstances.

My son and I both just got the jungle dragon and will probably build tomorrow.  Looks really nice.  I can't wait to see what it looks like next to firstborn or the skull dragon.  The lego store had all but the keeper's village.  Hopefully they will have that soon as it's sold out online. 

I also picked up the Jungle Dragon and will probably build it sometime this week. Very much looking forward to seeing that pile of teal parts. Managed to find skull sorcerer’s dragon for 50% off as well, what a fantastic build that was. 

Also, you can totally sign me up for Space Ninjago with some Space Snakes. Snake Jazz, anyone? As long as Ninjago keeps up with the excellent set design they can do whatever they want with it as far as I’m concerned. Ninjago has been leaning into a bit of a cyberpunk feel these last few years, especially with the Ninjago movie and city sets and the video game-centric wave. Taking it to space would allow them to go full sci-fi and I would love to see it. 

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I also picked up the Jungle Dragon and will probably build it sometime this week. Very much looking forward to seeing that pile of teal parts. Managed to find skull sorcerer’s dragon for 50% off as well, what a fantastic build that was. 

Also, you can totally sign me up for Space Ninjago with some Space Snakes. Snake Jazz, anyone? As long as Ninjago keeps up with the excellent set design they can do whatever they want with it as far as I’m concerned. Ninjago has been leaning into a bit of a cyberpunk feel these last few years, especially with the Ninjago movie and city sets and the video game-centric wave. Taking it to space would allow them to go full sci-fi and I would love to see it. 

I have the skull sorcerer's dragon too.  Such a great looking dragon.  It's very impressive even next to firstborn.  Work got in the way today so hoping to build the jungle dragon tomorrow.  I'm sure they will do a space theme.  I would like some different aliens too.  

If anything I'd say that while I like Ninjago's gimmick waves a lot... Each one leaves me wanting more! If they stayed on one particular subtheme for a bit longer, I'd probably be really into that. But, maybe it's efficient to go through them quickly; we get cool new minifigs and parts each time, and if we want more, well then we must simply... Build from our imaginations!

20 hours ago, Flak Maniak said:

If anything I'd say that while I like Ninjago's gimmick waves a lot... Each one leaves me wanting more! If they stayed on one particular subtheme for a bit longer, I'd probably be really into that. But, maybe it's efficient to go through them quickly; we get cool new minifigs and parts each time, and if we want more, well then we must simply... Build from our imaginations!

Like these "Epic Battle" ones.

You could easily have Lloyd vs Stone Warrior, for example and Nya vs Sky Pirate, for example to give us new print villains or just cheaper way to obtain one along with new costumes.

Toss in Wu vs Garmadon as a final one and it's all 6 ninja, Wu and Garmadon in cheaper sets.

Now, having built Zane's mech, I'm very impressed. The only thing I'd change is adding a second Ninja in the "Deepstone" inspired armor. Doesn't really matter who, though given that Nya and Zane both didn't get Season 3/4 inspired suits, it'd be fitting that they got Season 5 suits first together. Only three figures to go with the set isn't great.

(I know we got Golden Jay, but I don't think he really fits in honestly.)

20210307_002636.jpg

Zane Mech.jpg

Edited by BlueLanturnCorp

Ok, so I'm a pretty impatient person, and when we get new set leaks, I tend to try and build a moc up version.  I'm partly through constructing a MOC version of the ninja sub speeder, or Jays car, and I've found something out with the model that may make it look a bit 'off'. The basic main feature of the set is to have the wheels be able to be changed to become propellers, and I've kind of done the same as the set, however with the back wheels, they turn from the side to face the back, and the car looks pretty good in 'car' mode, but when it converts to submarine mode, the wheels, being so big, make the vehicle look extremely disproportionate. this leaves a massive open space between the 'intakes' on the side of the vehicle when in sub mode and making the back look extremely flat on the speeder car. Another note, I'm using the katana 4x4 wheels for this, as I don't have access to the spike prime wheels, which are actually pretty expensive, they're like £6 each on brick link. Those wheels make the set look pretty good, really hammering the 'racer' look its going for. Mine looks like an off-roader and a mess compared to it. I've also changed up the colour scheme on mine due to lack of parts, as I'm currently at a different location to my main parts storage, so what I'm building with is mostly bricks from the water strider and the katana 4x4, which is a bit of a pain. It's hard to nail the shape of this thing, especially with the limited pics, and I have definitely deviated from the original sets design. Mine is definitely built around the 2 ideas of 'underwater car' and that transformation feature. Clear examples on mine are the lack of front 'wing blades' and instead I've put a six stud shooter there. Its still in development stage, so it will probably change. I'm gonna post pictures once i'm finished I think, it depends if I can get parts for it. But I'm concerned that because of the sets transformation feature, it will leave big gaps in the car, but its still march. We have a long time to go till we can see these sets. And I cant wait for it!

Just saw the first 2 episodes of The Island (they were released in English today). All I really have to say is that I enjoyed them but that they do feel like overglorified toy commercials while most other Ninjago seasons could easily stand on their own. Curious to see where this will go in the next, and last, 2 episodes next Sunday.

So I built the Jungle Dragon last night, and honestly I’m a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong, the finished build is still good and I will proudly display it alongside my other dragons, but this set offers significantly less value than say the Overlord Dragon in my eyes. The Jungle Dragon may be bulkier, have 2 extra figures and a side build but the Overlord Dragon is cheaper ($50 vs $70), significantly larger, has figures that are just as good and has an equally unique color scheme (dark blue and purple vs teal). Given a choice between the two I would take the Overlord Dragon all the way. 

Complaints aside I do recommend the Jungle Dragon. And also... TEAL :wub::grin_wub::wub_drool:

Remind me, when are the S15 “Aquaman/Atlantis-like” sets due to be released in Europe? June 1st? Kids want to know also :laugh:

I’ll assume leaked pics a month or so out from this date.

Just now, Lucarex said:

Remind me, when are the S15 “Aquaman/Atlantis-like” sets due to be released in Europe? June 1st? Kids want to know also :laugh:

Hopefully June first, but they may move it due to the march released sets, but I hope not (I doubt they will). I don't blame them, I haven't been buying many sets from the waves recently, but I'm aiming to get all of them this time!

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

I’ll assume leaked pics a month or so out from this date.

June 1st, as always.

I know this channel is known for fake leaks, but are these real?

dont know if allowed to share piece leaks here

58 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

This is fake. Its the same kid who apparently had the set images early and it was just the legacy bounty blurred out. The manta ray is from the city deep sea research base, the ghost tail part is from hidden side, and the other things are made from already available parts. The reason the colours look off is because the picture has been edited to try and get rid of the blue and black hue from the ghost part. You can compare the blue spots on the rays back to the ones from the base, set 60265. Im just disappointed to see people like this kid trying to get some more clout just by fake leaks, but it happens and there's not much we can do. I dont think this will be removed as it is fake, but im not a mod so im not sure about the rules on 'fake leaks'. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 hour ago, Gangikhan448 said:

This was an image posted by Kingwong on Instagram to hint at some pieces that will be used in the S15 sets. This person is just using it to get some quick views, pathetic.

Am I the only one who thinks Cole's island suit printing looks knockoff. Can't only be me

Just doesn't look right

After watching the island yesterday (It was ok, nothing special, hope the next 2 episodes are good), I noticed that the leaves on the Lloyd minifgure's torso are absent. I assume that he gets them around the same time he gets the face paint, but now I'm wondering if they have some sort of story significance. Also on the topic of the suits, am I the only one who finds it weird that they wore the season 11 suits in the beginning of episode 1, but then just randomly have the island suits on when they go to twitchy Tim? A little explication would've been nice, even just a throwaway line like "these suits are more suited for the island"

9 minutes ago, Surge said:

After watching the island yesterday (It was ok, nothing special, hope the next 2 episodes are good), I noticed that the leaves on the Lloyd minifgure's torso are absent. I assume that he gets them around the same time he gets the face paint, but now I'm wondering if they have some sort of story significance. Also on the topic of the suits, am I the only one who finds it weird that they wore the season 11 suits in the beginning of episode 1, but then just randomly have the island suits on when they go to twitchy Tim? A little explication would've been nice, even just a throwaway line like "these suits are more suited for the island"

They do this all the time, one of the main issues with ninjago as a tv series as they just randomly get their suits out of nowhere. The island, prime empire, season 6 (I think) and many other seasons have done this. But sometimes, they do give a bit of backstory, MOTM was just the season 11 suits with armour, hunted was season 8 but 'apocalyptic', and in the earlier seasons the suits where delivered by the mailman! 

1 hour ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Cole's island suit printing looks knockoff. Can't only be me

Just doesn't look right

What do you mean? Do you mean the actual print quality is bad, or just that there's something about the design that you don't like? I can't really see how it looks like a knockoff myself, but then I'm not really a knockoff "connoisseur"—I don't really seek out pictures of knockoffs regularly and the ones I have seen largely haven't left enough of an impression for me to really associate particular design cues with them.

Edited by Lyichir

24 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

They do this all the time, one of the main issues with ninjago as a tv series as they just randomly get their suits out of nowhere. The island, prime empire, season 6 (I think) and many other seasons have done this. But sometimes, they do give a bit of backstory, MOTM was just the season 11 suits with armour, hunted was season 8 but 'apocalyptic', and in the earlier seasons the suits where delivered by the mailman! 

Oh yeah I know its nothing new, but I just feel like these past seasons they have consistently explained them. For a good bit of prime empire they had the season 11 ones and even when they got the new ones they were technically digital things (even though they somehow came out in the real world) so I can excuse that. Then like you said it was very well explain in MotM, but in this one they really dropped the ball on explaining it

25 minutes ago, Surge said:

Oh yeah I know its nothing new, but I just feel like these past seasons they have consistently explained them. For a good bit of prime empire they had the season 11 ones and even when they got the new ones they were technically digital things (even though they somehow came out in the real world) so I can excuse that. Then like you said it was very well explain in MotM, but in this one they really dropped the ball on explaining it

I can imagine the only reasons for this are budget cuts. As Ninjago was, we would have gotten probably 2 episodes before they even arrive on the island.

I hope we get a full season next time around. I feel like they just cut back more and more with the series...
When it was anounced, that episodes will only be 10 minutes long, they told us we'd get more content overall. But since then the seasons just became shorter. If next season isnt at least 10+ episodes, then this is very bad news for the future of (at least) the series...

After watching the Island, the Dragon at the end looks like its Nia's Dragon.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

What do you mean? Do you mean the actual print quality is bad, or just that there's something about the design that you don't like? I can't really see how it looks like a knockoff myself, but then I'm not really a knockoff "connoisseur"—I don't really seek out pictures of knockoffs regularly and the ones I have seen largely haven't left enough of an impression for me to really associate particular design cues with them.

It just looks knockoff like copied printing, maybe because his orange symbol on his grey chestplate is very lacking.

The symbol is barely visible unless the printing shines in another angle

Just finished my build of the ninja sub speeder, it looks pretty different from the source if you've seen it, but I didn't have the wheels for it so went with the katana 4x4 tyres. Its mostly built from the avengers ultimate quinjet and the water strider, so its mostly black and dark blue. Im not going to lie, I had rocket league on the mind when I was building this thing. There's a 6 stud shooter at the front, its almost exactly the same as the water striders gun, and then there's 2 more in the back that can fold up. I built a small ocean ruin to go with it as well. Im pretty happy with it.

Not sure if this link will work but I'll give it a go. 

Im still waiting for a parts order, mostly for the intakes and those grey technic parts that connect the 6 stud shooters to the back of the car. I'll update it when I'm finished.