Merc4Hire

[R6 - Arcan IV - CE] Ch. 1 Mando's On The Hunt

*Your entry has earned 8 XP*

Ch.1 Mando's On The Hunt

It was a simple bounty puck. Just another bail jumper hiding out on Arcan IV, or so Var had suspected. Turns out the bounty had been dealing with an empire cell and Var had just interrupted their secret meeting. Before he knew it, Var was neck deep against an army of stormtroopers.

mando_challenge_wp_20200610_182_edit_2_cropped_2_1024_x_775.jpg

"Drop the blaster. It’s over, we have you surrounded", the stormtrooper shouted.

"I’m not so sure about that", Var replied as he reached over to his belt and quickly grabbed a thermal detonator. He knew he would not be able to escape the explosion but Var had no other choice. He resigned himself when suddenly blaster shots came firing from the rear.

mando_challenge_4_1024_x_768_2nd_shot.jpg

They all look up to the sight of another mandalorian swooping in from behind, completely catching the stormtroopers off guard. Var sees his opportunity. One mandalorian is enough to turn the tide, but two mandalorians and the battle is won.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I decided to expand my prior build now that I have re-familiarized myself with my bricks. I wanted to go for a more industrial, rusted look. Tell me what you guys think.

Also I would like to make this my official submission to the Mandalorian challenge. 

Edit: I have swapped out the original photo with an improved one, so you should be able to see the build much better now. 

@Merc4Hire It's a really cool build! Good greebling. And I love the writing, too. We'd be happy to have Var Vorsic in Clan Eldar!

The photos are good, but you might just need a bit more lighting in there. 

A couple of other pointers; at the moment, the 2x challenge requires you to use the word "Mando" in your title. As this has "Mandalorian", you might miss out on those points. Also, Clan Eldar doesn't have access to Ord Mantell, so you won't be able to score any IP for this build. Happy to talk this over with you in DM, or on our new Discord server.

11 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Really nice, the buildings look great with so many details and I really like the rusted floor!

5 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Some good work there. Really good work on the floor as well.

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear the floor fits the aesthetic. 

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Merc4Hire It's a really cool build! Good greebling. And I love the writing, too. We'd be happy to have Var Vorsic in Clan Eldar!

The photos are good, but you might just need a bit more lighting in there. 

A couple of other pointers; at the moment, the 2x challenge requires you to use the word "Mando" in your title. As this has "Mandalorian", you might miss out on those points. Also, Clan Eldar doesn't have access to Ord Mantell, so you won't be able to score any IP for this build. Happy to talk this over with you in DM, or on our new Discord server.

Thanks Ross, glad to be a member!

No problem, I can change the title right now. Thank you for the heads up. Apologies for not keeping up with the Discord. I initially chose Ord Mantell as the location just for protocol sake. I will change it to one of the faction's planets. 

Edited by Merc4Hire

This is a brilliant build. First of all, I disagree with Ross about the lighting - I think you've used the lack of light really effectively, especially the harsh shadows from the bricks themselves (normally this is discouraged, but you've used it perfectly to create the atmosphere in the scene). I love it!

None of the buildings have a brick out of place - everything is used masterfully to make the industrial look come alive. The grate tiles on the floor too are perfect, and there's just the right amount of dark bley and reddish brown to get the rust across without it being overwhelming.

Honestly, you should be really proud of this MOC! I'm really impressed with it anyway!

Do you have Flickr? If so can you share the link as I'd love to favourite this. I see the images are stored on Brickshelf (are you a time traveller? :laugh:) so I'm hoping you have Flickr too!

Edited by Basiliscus
incorrect tense

This looks great! I love your rusted walkway/floor and your use of arch bricks.

Excellent detailing and weathered environment but as has already been mentioned another light at the front would help (though the darkness adds a certain mystery to the scene)