Peppermint_M

Contest: The Eurobricks Flower Show

Here on Eurobricks we have decided to do our bit in helping people manage with the situation we all find ourselves in. During these interesting times the simple pleasures are a joy for people from day to day. Hobbies like model building, gardening and other creative persuits. 

Also, so many events have been cancelled or forced to adapt by moving online, including the world famous Chelsea Flower Show. 

So, we are proud to present a new Forum Wide contest:

FlowerBanner04.png.87e56feaa0d72944c593d55e04d82556.png

A chance for everyone to create something in any one of their favourite themes and to share it for us all to enjoy.

Will you create a rock garden for a Jawa on Tatooine, perhaps a relaxing spot for a Pirate to rest between treasure hunts or maybe a lovely garden you would find around a corner in LEGO City?

Get your creativity flowing and build a garden from your bricks to share here on Eurobricks.

Of course, there are prizes to be won!

Every qualifying participant will have the option to display this profile tag: 49850653207_469cef2448_o.png A trio of special tags will be available to choose from for the three winners. 

1st Place: 31105 Townhouse Toy Store, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

2nd Place: 31093 Riverside Houseboat, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

3rd Place: 31098 Outback Cabin, 40376 Botanical Accessories, 40375 Sports Accessories, 40312 Street Lamps and 40309 Food Accessories

Winners will be decided by public vote after the contest closes.

So get building and be ready to post your gardens in The Showground.

Entries can be submitted and modified between Saturday 30th May to Midnight (GMT) Saturday 4th of July 

Rules:

The whole build should be Fit on a 16x16 baseplate, reasonable overhang is allowed (Leaves/fronds/short branches)

You can create any kind of space that would be a Garden for your chosen character or theme. 

Your entry should be posted as a thread in the appropriate Theme Forum with as many pictures and as much text as you wish. A single photo, the name of your garden and a link to the thread must be posted in The Showground for it to be counted as an entry into the contest.

You are welcome to modify your MOC, update the thread and change any text until the contest closing date/time. This also includes your post in The Showground. Anything edited or modified after the closing date will be removed from the running. 

1. One entry per member and no recycling of old creations or MOCs already posted unless you make some significant changes.
  2. Only under extreme circumstances can you change theme once you have posted your garden and it will require a request to a moderator.
  3. Custom decals and non-LEGO string and cloth/canvas/paper are allowed. Third party commercial parts (e.g. Brickarms, Brickforge) and customised minifig parts are not allowed. 
  4. No clone brands or digital entries. You are in the running for a selection of LEGO Sets after all. 
  5. Any member can enter the contest, but only members registered before Today (30/5/2020) can vote.

The Showground will go live tomorrow. If you have any more questions to ask, feel free to ask here.

Happy Building!

Is there a tag for the beginning of the post title, like the "[TC18]" in the technic section for example?

8 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Is there a tag for the beginning of the post title, like the "[TC18]" in the technic section for example?

As all builds will need to be posted in the central thread to enter (admittedly, I only just posted it) there is a way to trace them all without a title tag. I know some builders and some forums have their preferences  so if you or any other builder would like to have a tag for the title, then [EBFS] would be fine,

2 hours ago, Coal Fired Bricks said:

Can we post video?

In your thread for the build,  it would be fine. But the entry post has to be a photo. :classic:

On 5/30/2020 at 8:54 PM, Peppermint_M said:

The whole build should be on a 16x16 baseplate

I'm sorry, I'm not sure to fully understand this requirement : does that mean that each entry must be built on top of a single 16x16 plate (e.g. a build on two different 8x16 plates would be NOK), or just that the size of the base of the build must be 16x16 studs?

Edited by Aurore

17 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure to fully understand this requirement : does that mean that each entry must be built on top of a single 16x16 plate (e.g. a build on two different 8x16 plates would be NOK), or just that the size of the base of the build must be 16x16 studs?

The whole build should have a footprint of 16x16, so two 8x16 plates it fine but they must not have a gap in the middle that makes them cover more space than a 16x16 would.

What the hell? There is no heigth limit? That should probably be adressed before there is the first entry with some weird tree reaching into outer space :laugh_hard:

Eurobricks contests are one of the many things that make this the best site for Lego fans. I can't wait to see what everyone creates.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:42 AM, Gray Gear said:

What the hell? There is no heigth limit? That should probably be adressed before there is the first entry with some weird tree reaching into outer space :laugh_hard:

If someone wants to make a 7 mile tall 16x16 stud base moc, who are we to stop them? :wink: 

I mean, if you want to aim tall, I am happy to see a tall tree or fountain. Height limit is a hard one; 16x16 with limited to no overhang doesn't let you build a garden to a great height anyway. Then, I do not want to throw some arbitrary limit in that could pollard a nice tree design or some other more exotic plant creation.

I want pure and joyful creativity. The footprint is in the interest of fairness: My collection could furnish a whole 2m by 2m table with a lush jungle. Larger if I wanted sparser landscape. Someone else might not have enough to fill a standard baseplate.

My point is: Have a good time with the gardens :grin: I love what I see so far.

So as not to interrupt the voting posts, I thought I would mention here:

In the event of a tie-break situation, I will award points to the entries I liked. I prefer to run contests without any bias or potential to personally influence the outcome, but sometimes a tie-break needs to happen. 

If anyone dislikes that solution, I am sure I can present any tied entries for a run-off vote :thumbup: