I tried to build my own alternative model from set 42061 several times in past but all my attempts failed. When I was decided to sell this set I got idea to give it last try. My initial goal was to build some kind of buggy. After few hours I built working steering and in-line fake engine driven by rear wheels. Building car out of parts from set 42061 was painful (it has pretty bad assortment of parts) and I am not totally sutisfied with look of buggy so I call it "Ugly Buggy". By the way it fits to TC18 contest but I think it is too simple to submit it there. So I use it for TLCB Lock-Down Competition instead.

49901904877_7ea71ce95e_c.jpg

49901592191_e92fbfcbc7_c.jpg

49901080418_896940322d_c.jpg

When I finished building buggy I decided to build more - to build something easier. So helicopter was the best choice. I took little bit of inspiration from @BusterHaus - I like how he used gear rack for tail of his helicopter. My helicopter has both rotors connected by gears so you can spin them together by turning gear on bottom of helicopter. This is also my second entry to TLCB Lock-Down Competition.

49901592091_22a15ab349_c.jpg

49901904697_89ac150bae_c.jpg

49901591976_34179a35d1_c.jpg

Building instructions for both alternative models are available at buildinst.cz

Any comments are welcomed.

Edited by Tomik

I completely forgot about this helicopter C-model.  Your version has much nicer skids, and I like the cabin shape that extends behind the seats.

The buggy's got a great shape, although I agree completely that the selection of parts in this set makes for very limited design choices in C-models.

Really good C-models. Also that buggy will not be the worst entry in TC18, I think.

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

I agree completely that the selection of parts in this set makes for very limited design choices in C-models.

Looking at these two, I totally disagree.

Thank you all for your comments.

5 hours ago, Jurss said:

Really good C-models. Also that buggy will not be the worst entry in TC18, I think.

Looking at these two, I totally disagree.

Thank you for your comment. I've already submited another model to TC18 that is better than this buggy (at least I think so). Back to these two alternative models - I did my best to make them look as good as possible but they would look better with other parts...

10 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

I completely forgot about this helicopter C-model.  Your version has much nicer skids, and I like the cabin shape that extends behind the seats.

The buggy's got a great shape, although I agree completely that the selection of parts in this set makes for very limited design choices in C-models.

I tried to build helicopter to look similar to one from MASH.

Edited by Tomik