Robert8

VIDIYO - Universal Music 2021

On 10/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, BrickFit26 said:

I hope more stuff leaks about the cancelled theme. Fornthe 2nd wave i don't like price point and that they're blind boxes it could cost so much and still not have a complete 2nd wave.

Let’s not forget that Super Mario theme does have blind boxes and the unknown third CMF seires will have blind boxes next fall. I heard that super Mario’s Chaacter Series box’s were ripped open at some stores. I’m sure CMF will suffere the same fate.

But I am not bothered by blind boxes becuase I can buy them of eBay, Bricklink or Amazon.  But I get why you don’t like the price point. It sucks but i do not like the seller’s price in secondary market, ah well…

I don’t know if Vidiyo will come back from the grave but there will be a mysteriously new theme “Dreamzzz” and Ninjago may be replaced with a new theme next year. And we will see about cancelled them’s minifigures making appearance inCMF line. But, personally, i won’t count on CMF.

I see ripped boxes of bags at the Walmart all the times too. Pieces from minifugures just scattered around the lego section. And then secondary price gouging over prized stuff is out of control.

20 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

I see ripped boxes of bags at the Walmart all the times too. Pieces from minifugures just scattered around the lego section. And then secondary price gouging over prized stuff is out of control.

This doesn’t surprise me about the ripped boxes. 

And Well, as for secondary market, I feel like it’s seller’s “poor” judgement on this seller’s price. I wan, i get that they need money due to the absurd inflation situation but still, they  have bad judgement on prices prior to the inflation or pandemic. 

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m betting it’s either.

Actually, I feel like it’s more for Dreamzzzz, based on that hair color. 

Oh wait, i just remember - did Vidiyo suppose to have a goth witch, right?

That's correct! There was a witch rumored for VIdiyo and now this leaks.... 

Now whats going on here? :look: 

That’s now 2 pieces leaked I’m curious.

Dino RnB Skate Park, and now either the Cutesy Goth Carriage or the Goth Witch Beatbox. Those curls on the hair are very similar style to the candy mermaid. Could this be that cancelled Vidiyo wave making a return in some form?

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That's correct! There was a witch rumored for VIdiyo and now this leaks.... 

Now whats going on here? :look: 

Exactly! What on Earth is going on?! But to be honest, i’m very excitied to see that dinosaur headpiece and witch hat piece!

I just saw the witch hat/hair piece (Somewhat squashed-looking black hat, purple band with silver stars and crescent moon, Satin Trans-Light Blue hair), and it absolutely looks like something from VIDIYO; either Dreamzzzz is going to be a soft reboot/continuation of VIDIYO, or some unused Minifigs are going to show up in Series 24. 🤔

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

either Dreamzzzz is going to be a soft reboot/continuation of VIDIYO, or some unused Minifigs are going to show up in Series 24. 🤔

Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect series 24 is going to include a bunch of minifigs originally designed for Vidiyo. 

It seemed like there was some surprise getting two non-liscened series in a row, perhaps it happened because they wanted a return on investment for the molds they created for Vidiyo after it imploded.

There was nothing wrong with the bandmates series 1 and 2, other than the boxes, so hopefully we get the planned figures as another CMF.

I don’t think these bunch of minifigures rom the cancelled Vidiyo wave would show up in Series 24….]

And there is a troll pic leaked yesterday. So it’s had to tel if it’s for Series 24 or Dreamzzzz.  Ihope Series 24’s list will be leaked soon. 

If they're aren't going to be released in anyway, I give they at least reveal the concepts they had planned tor the theme, specifically the band mates. I would love to see the renderings.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, BrickFit26 said:

If they're aren't going to be released in anyway, I give they at least reveal the concepts they had planned tor the theme, specifically the band mates. I would love to see the renderings.

Totally agree

Noticed today that Amazon Canada somehow still has series 2 bandmates in stock for $7 each, with a 5% off if you buy 5 deal, figured I'd pick some up. Also had a $15 credit from Amazon for using their photos app so I got 5 of them for ~$4 each.

Edited by Sir Dano

Just watched an interview with the designer of the Jazz club modular. In there he said that they were lucky to have access to the bass element that was produced and developed for VIDIYO and that unfortunately was not going to be launched after all. They were happy to reuse them. 

i was discussing this on the Dreamzzz thread. I think vidiyo is really dead but who knows. The fact that a bass was produced and developed for it means there was more planned than they few sets we got the names for which is sad. I liked vidiyo so much!!

It’s June and we still haven’t see any parts from the cancelled theme, like a witch’s hat piece, etc. 

27 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Very strong set

They went above and beyond with the sisters. 

Also, the Vidiyo witch hairpiece works perfectly here

Never mind. Robert8 just answered my quesiton. The witch’s hat will be in Hocus Pocus set. 

I found out about these way too late, now all I see are destroyed VIDYO bags in the aisles. Luckily I got a few of the figs I liked on sale online. Overall it's a wild, ridiculous, beautiful theme, if you're into rapping llamas with pink mohawks that is (and who isn't!?).

I don't remember any other blind-bag collectible LEGO figs being this massacred in the aisles. The general consensus is no one liked this theme, but it's also the most stolen by far, so what's the truth?

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

3 hours ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

I found out about these way too late, now all I see are destroyed VIDYO bags in the aisles. Luckily I got a few of the figs I liked on sale online. Overall it's a wild, ridiculous, beautiful theme, if you're into rapping llamas with pink mohawks that is (and who isn't!?).

I don't remember any other blind-bag collectible LEGO figs being this massacred in the aisles. The general consensus is no one liked this theme, but it's also the most stolen by far, so what's the truth?

The figures were in boxes rather than the bags you could feel through so no way to tell what was in them.  A lot of people decided it was okay to rip open the boxes to see what was in them.  Expect to see the same when the next wave of Marvel figures gets released because they will be in boxes.

Edited by karrit

I think no one liked the price, the app, or the lack of sets (in the first year). I feel like people really liked the figures, and the sets that came later. But by the time the sets came, it was too late, the theme had tanked, and the price and terrible app functionality turned off enough casual LEGO buyers that it couldn't continue.

And being in boxes rather than bags meant people opened them to find the figure they wanted. I see the same with the Mario character packs too.

People liked the figures, but the prices were absurdly high for what you were getting.

I liked the figs. Pic8ed series one for about a buck or two each. The beatboxes for like five. Ordered a case of series two from overseas and the set figs from bricklink to complete the collection. Still hoping they use the series two slime head for clayface. 

18 hours ago, Natant16 said:

People liked the figures, but the prices were absurdly high for what you were getting.

This. The minifigures were great, the rest not so much. Local Wal-Marts all still have at least two varieties of Beat Boxes on clearance. I regret passing on S.2 of the Bandmates. They were part Wal-Mart's Christmas stocking stuffer displays, but I mentally just wasn't into it. Thought they'd stick around a little. Wrong! lol.

I am soooooooo happy that I was able to get my hands some of the unreleased VIDIYO triceratops heads!! I wish this theme would have had a few more waves. :/

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

I am soooooooo happy that I was able to get my hands some of the unreleased VIDIYO triceratops heads!! I wish this theme would have had a few more waves. :/

That's impressive rare finds. Do you do anything with them, or is it just a cool part to have?

16 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Where did you get them from?