Hello!

I finished some little details in the model, and now I can say, that model is done (except roof)

800x494.jpg 800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg 800x450.jpg

Everything is working nice. Only steering wheel is now a little hard to turn.

I sketched some roof's elements. I have two variants:

1) top parts is made by system tiles

800x450.jpg

2) top part is made by technic plates

800x450.jpg

You can compare the thickness. First variant is much better at proportions of model, second variant is too thick

800x450.jpg 800x450.jpg

I think, that roof made of system parts in out of rules. But technic roof is out of proportions. 

I was thinking about textile roof, but it is also not permitted.

What do you think?

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, ArsMan064 said:

Hello!

I finished some little details in the model, and now I can say, that model is done (except roof)

800x494.jpg 800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg 800x450.jpg

Everything is working nice. Only steering wheel is now a little hard to turn.

I sketched some roof's elements. I have two variants:

1) top parts is made by system tiles

800x450.jpg

2) top part is made by technic plates

800x450.jpg

You can compare the thickness. First variant is much better at proportions of model, second variant is too thick

800x450.jpg 800x450.jpg

I think, that roof made of system parts in out of rules. But technic roof is out of proportions. 

I was thinking about textile roof, but it is also not permitted.

What do you think?

Thank you! 

Why do u think that system roof is permitted, system variant looks better

It's awesome already, but one thing: Can you make the top of the front screen half a stud lower? If you use two 3L axles and center 3 yellow half bushes on them, you still have 0.75 stud at each end to insert in the yellow connectors.

EDIT: You already did this. I didn't see the posts on this page when I wrote the above.

I'd say if you make everything in the roof black, including the bent lift arms, but keep the wind screen and doors yellow, you don't need an additional roof. Also keep that black side window.

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, Shtykoff said:

Why do u think that system roof is permitted, system variant looks better

The rules said, that Model Team style building is not permitted. I hope that my roof is not)

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I'd say if you make everything in the roof black, including the bent lift arms, but except the wind screen, you don't need an additional roof. Also keep that black side window.

Well, how when make a removable roof? Yes, here is easy to make not removable roof. Bend lift arms is yellow because new jeep wrangler have top frame in body's color (see image)

65de225743.jpg

29 minutes ago, ArsMan064 said:

The rules said, that Model Team style building is not permitted. I hope that my roof is not)

Well, how when make a removable roof? Yes, here is easy to make not removable roof. Bend lift arms is yellow because new jeep wrangler have top frame in body's color (see image)

65de225743.jpg

Aha, then having a yellow bent liftarm makes sense. As for the removable roof. I think it would make the roof too high. Without the removable roof the proportions are spot on for the wrangle. With the removable roof on top, it looks more like a camel trophy defender.

I know I was in the camp of adding a removable roof, but when I look at this image, I'd say don't change a thing. There already is a roof. It has 2 gaps, but it is a roof.

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Aha, then having a yellow bent liftarm makes sense. As for the removable roof. I think it would make the roof too high. Without the removable roof the proportions are spot on for the wrangle. With the removable roof on top, it looks more like a camel trophy defender.

I know I was in the camp of adding a removable roof, but when I look at this image, I'd say don't change a thing. There already is a roof. It has 2 gaps, but it is a roof.

800x450.jpg

Well it looks great and even without roof at all 

Ok, I will not make roof now, maybe later after contest. Today I should make entry photos... 

Thank you all!

See these cool photos! Before taking photos I a bit modified some elements for stikers (how they are?)

800x533.jpg800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg800x533.jpg

A chassis looks like it

800x533.jpg

A am also making video, but I have no time to finish it before deadline... In my time zone (utc+3)! As for the Jim's time (Netherlands) I have extra 2 hours...

Too late to found this post, this is a truly awesome design and all those details and functions are incredible too! 
I can't wait to have the instructions...

Good job!

Hello. I think it's a really well designed model although there are some things that o don't understand. Please don't be angry with me. For example why did you put there a gearbox? It may be interesting but (in my opinion) absolutely useless while playing... And there's one more thing. Isn't steering too slow? It just lasts ages until this car turns so it's nearly impossible to drive without stopping... The technical solution of steering wheel is interesting but I don't like it either. By the way I like how is the bodywork designed. Good job!

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

On 5/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, SamuelYsc said:

Too late to found this post, this is a truly awesome design and all those details and functions are incredible too! 
I can't wait to have the instructions...

Good job!

Thank you very much! Instruction will be available later

On 5/26/2020 at 12:28 PM, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Hello. I think it's a really well designed model although there are some things that o don't understand. Please don't be angry with me. For example why did you put there a gearbox? It may be interesting but (in my opinion) absolutely useless while playing... And there's one more thing. Isn't steering too slow? It just lasts ages until this car turns so it's nearly impossible to drive without stopping... The technical solution of steering wheel is interesting but I don't like it either. By the way I like how is the bodywork designed. Good job!

Thank you! First of all, I was making this model not for playing, I tried fit in such small size as many real technical features as I can. Yes, gearbox here is just to be working, like in teaching model. Steering is pretty slow due to real cars steering. Also in the finished model is a bit hard to steer via steering wheel.
I was following my purposes, it is normal that some people don't agree with me :) Anyway thank you for your opinion

Congratulations for the victory! A really fantastic work!

The only downside of the model is missing HOG. It is so good it screams to be pushed around making engine sounds, but indoor steering wheel si not so convenient to control. Maybe you could get an axle from under the steering wheel the way back to the spare tire and make it HOG?

Congratulations again :thumbup:

Congratulations!!! I have to say it again, that is a very lovely and good design. You deserve it!

On 5/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Congratulations for the victory! A really fantastic work!

The only downside of the model is missing HOG. It is so good it screams to be pushed around making engine sounds, but indoor steering wheel si not so convenient to control. Maybe you could get an axle from under the steering wheel the way back to the spare tire and make it HOG?

Congratulations again :thumbup:

Thank you! I agree that HOG would be really comfortable, but I can't find easy enouth way to make it

On 5/31/2020 at 7:42 PM, Dylan M said:

Congratulations ? 

where is the Free instructions ???

Thank you! Free instruction will be available later, I will mandatory put here a link to download (rebrickable)

On 5/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, SamuelYsc said:

Congratulations!!! I have to say it again, that is a very lovely and good design. You deserve it!

Thank you!)

Made also little trophy cup :laugh:
Thank you all again!

I am also thinking about making removable roof, now I haven't any limitations on it...

Edited by ArsMan064

Huge congrats! :pir-huzzah2:

Looking forward to the instructions, how are you going to make them BTW? Asking as a total instruction making newbie :tongue:

14 hours ago, Surffikoira said:

Huge congrats! :pir-huzzah2:

Looking forward to the instructions, how are you going to make them BTW? Asking as a total instruction making newbie :tongue:

Thank you! Before I was making instructions as photo sequence, now I am using studio for it

0ybXO7N5LrM.jpg

3d model is done, than to powerful render engine in studio! Instruction is still will be later

Model also have little changes, namely new rearview mirror and changed a bit rear suspension

Edited by ArsMan064

15 hours ago, ArsMan064 said:

Happy to say, that instruction for this model is completely done! And it is free!

This is awesome, thanks a lot for the work and kudo's for making it for free!

On 7/31/2020 at 8:23 PM, keymaker said:

There is a reason why this project won, amazing job!

On 8/1/2020 at 11:28 AM, Rudivdk said:

This is awesome, thanks a lot for the work and kudo's for making it for free!

Thank you very much!