Sign in to follow this  
macaron35

-User redacted Thread Title-

I stick to my opinion, and frankly, it was not a troll.

I deleted the original post to avoid the quotes with the sole objective of free bashing.

At first i truly believed that this was a forum filled with lego fans and above all, adults, willing to discuss without judging each others...

To me, being a lego fan does not mean say amen and applaud for every product. Are we still allowed to give and share our opinions without being called pathetic or other words here ?

I didn't like those helmets, i said why and my thread title contained a question, open for discussion.

I was more expecting constructive feedbacks and responses like: i don't agree with you and hear out for others' opinion, not to be quoted and be called with some overreacted words...

From now on, i'll keep buying lego sets (all types of sets, not only SW) and keep building MOCs from talented designers kind enough to share with us their creations, but i'll stop participating to this forum. 

For the other members with who i had the pleasure to have good discussions: bye guys, live long and prosper.

Edited by macaron35

3 hours ago, GREG998 said:

You have not to leave. Malvolent ones have to calm down, or to be calmed by moderation.

@Kristof summed up everything pretty well.

Definitely don’t leave the forum!

Looking back at some of the initial replies there was nothing harsh or rude said. No one called you a troll. I think the general consensus was that it was a little unfair to compare an official set with a budget and time constraints to an MOC. Which I agree with. 

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Definitely don’t leave the forum!

Looking back at some of the initial replies there was nothing harsh or rude said. No one called you a troll. I think the general consensus was that it was a little unfair to compare an official set with a budget and time constraints to an MOC. Which I agree with. 

Yeah, there's a difference between deleting posts due to harassment and deleting posts due to criticism. If you look at the posts no one's attacking this guy or even using harsh langauge, just pointing out that you can't reasonably expect lego to create helmets as good at those MOCS, especially considering that they have price points they're given. 

3 hours ago, GREG998 said:

The fact Macaron has probably been confronted to malvolent PM (at least i think). It occured to me recently with a completely mad guy. A tsunami of insults. Would have been pretty fun if he had told me that LIVE, front of me, in the eyes. Would have been a total slaughter for this jerk.lol

I can't really tell what this means, but I wouldn't assume that people are screaming at him in PM if he himself hasn't said anything about it.

8 hours ago, GREG998 said:

You have not to leave. Malvolent ones have to calm down, or to be calmed by moderation.

"Are you threatening me, master jedi" :roflmao:

That said, I don't think any of the comments in this thread to macron were "malevolent" towards him, definitely nothing deserving moderator action. 

Just now, GREG998 said:

What it means? What is written, simple.

I don't threat you Chancelor, i show you the program.;) Just a preview.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. A preview? a preview of what?

Just now, GREG998 said:

A preview of me buying Eurobricks. It's official: Bonaparte, how many for eurobricks?

I failed to buy Mocpages because there is no way the boss can be contacted, would be perhaps differernt there.

I'm going to assume this is satire or trolling now, thank you!

Anyway, while there are certianly valid criticisms of these helmets I think they'll sell well among the adults who aren't strictly lego fans but still geeks or star wars fans.

33 minutes ago, GREG998 said:

And again, the "you're a troll" megabull sheet......"reductio ad trollum" you see the problem? Everybody see it. That's the way it works here and it's not a viable way to work. There would be more activity there if people where not afraid to be considered as troll if they say things that don't fit taste of wannabe micro-scale dictators.

If i adopt this way of behaving, i could tell you "trollism" to not understand what i write clearly...and it would be stupid as fxck.

It's not satyre, nor trollism: I'm ready to buy this place. It's a product, it can be bought. All depends the price.

Okay dude, now you're going off the deep end.

I believe that @macaron35 posted the topic in good faith, and that people jumped on one point of his, and eventually @Kristof made his reply, tearing the original post apart and doubting OP's intentions. He did call OP "pathetic", it's there in the original post. Whether it was harsh or not, it was uncalled for. Civility should be at the heart of any discussion.

And yes, it might be crazy to assume that every set must be MOC quality, but I don't think OP was saying that. I think he was saying that Lego could've done more with the helmets, making them more accurate and detailed, even if for a higher price. After all, no one put a gun to Lego's head saying "sell these at $70 or else". Lego could've just as easily made them $100 and people would buy them, provided it was a better offering than the $70 alternative.

There is a fine line between acting "pathetic" and simply questioning Lego's choices. Disagreement is the basis for discussion, so that we all can benefit from others' opinions. It's almost as if any dissent has to be airtight, which shouldn't be. At the end of the day, even though OP might not have been "harassed" in our eyes, it doesn't mean that the fault is completely his.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

4 hours ago, GREG998 said:

And again, the "you're a troll" megabull sheet......"reductio ad trollum" you see the problem? Everybody see it. That's the way it works here and it's not a viable way to work. There would be more activity there if people where not afraid to be considered as troll if they say things that don't fit taste of wannabe micro-scale dictators.

If i adopt this way of behaving, i could tell you "trollism" to not understand what i write clearly...and it would be stupid as fxck.

It's not satyre, nor trollism: I'm ready to buy this place. It's a product, it can be bought. All depends the price.

I'm sorry, I assumed your intent to buy eurobricks to strike down us "malevolents" was a troll, let me know when you purchase the site!

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Okay dude, now you're going off the deep end.

I believe that @macaron35 posted the topic in good faith, and that people jumped on one point of his, and eventually @Kristof made his reply, tearing the original post apart and doubting OP's intentions. He did call OP "pathetic", it's there in the original post. Whether it was harsh or not, it was uncalled for. Civility should be at the heart of any discussion.

And yes, it might be crazy to assume that every set must be MOC quality, but I don't think OP was saying that. I think he was saying that Lego could've done more with the helmets, making them more accurate and detailed, even if for a higher price. After all, no one put a gun to Lego's head saying "sell these at $70 or else". Lego could've just as easily made them $100 and people would buy them, provided it was a better offering than the $70 alternative.

There is a fine line between acting "pathetic" and simply questioning Lego's choices. Disagreement is the basis for discussion, so that we all can benefit from others' opinions. It's almost as if any dissent has to be airtight, which shouldn't be. At the end of the day, even though OP might not have been "harassed" in our eyes, it doesn't mean that the fault is completely his.

I didn't see @kristof 's comment, which does sound over the line. However, I'd argue @GREG998's comments are getting borderline insane, what with calling us "malevolents" and threatening a "preview" of his apparent intent to purchase this website. Look, if you make a post criticizing a product you can expect to get other people criticizing you. You don't have to agree with the product, but you shouldn't be immune from criticism on your arguments either. The fault isn't completely macron's, nothing's his "fault", he just made a point that other people pointed out some flaws in.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I didn't see @kristof 's comment, which does sound over the line. However, I'd argue @GREG998's comments are getting borderline insane, what with calling us "malevolents" and threatening a "preview" of his apparent intent to purchase this website. Look, if you make a post criticizing a product you can expect to get other people criticizing you. You don't have to agree with the product, but you shouldn't be immune from criticism on your arguments either. The fault isn't completely macron's, nothing's his "fault", he just made a point that other people pointed out some flaws in.

I agree on both counts, however, no argument is flawless, so everyone jumping on one point can get sort of crazy.

And @GREG998 does need to calm down. Seriously.

55 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I agree on both counts, however, no argument is flawless, so everyone jumping on one point can get sort of crazy.

And @GREG998 does need to calm down. Seriously.

True, it's like that simpsons meme, "stop, stop, it's already dead" :roflmao:. When you've got a ton of people arguing against one post, it can be pretty annoying. I still don't think deleting his post and the thread title was the right move, but it's understandable how he got there.

And yeah, @GREG998 threatening to buy eurobricks is like that "toys are doomed. toys are doomed. toys are doomed" guy from the mario thread. People need to take a step back.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

If I may, I honestly interpreted the post as "why doesn't LEGO make better sets like these MOC's" and I think that was the issue with this post. People should understand that LEGO cannot make sets to the quality of MOC's that people have made. It's like saying why can't Toyota make cars like Ferrari? Anyways, if the post just talked about how disappointing the busts were I honestly would have agreed with OP and probably gotten the responses OP was expecting for. 

This thread has gone mad. I wasn't here when it started, but there's way too many real world problems right now and always for whatever is happening in here on a LEGO forum site.

Everyone who has thrown insults around can take this as a warning that next time staff will deal with them more sternly.

I'm locking this now.