7 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

When nothing works, you can try to reboot your phone.

Or reinstall the relevant app.

5 hours ago, Akbalder said:

When nothing works, you can try to reboot your phone.

tried...

4 hours ago, howitzer said:

Or reinstall the relevant app.

also tried...
and same result...

that's why i think it's very weird...

17 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Did you try connecting from BrickController 2? Its hub testing function doesn't require a gamepad.

the hub works perfectly with controlz...

16 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Is your location mode set to high accuracy or battery saving?

i tried with one device in battery saving mode
and with another without it...
same result...

that's why i think is weird...

maybe is a problem of the app?
maybe some app update ruined something?

1 hour ago, leonema said:

the hub works perfectly with controlz...

i tried with one device in battery saving mode
and with another without it...
same result...

that's why i think is weird...

maybe is a problem of the app?
maybe some app update ruined something?

Sounds like it's time for you to contact the customer support and tell them everything you've told us.

In your phone's settings go to the App list, find the Powered Up app, check Storage options, and clear all data for the app. Then try to uninstall it, reboot your phone, reinstall the app. You should get again the permission popup for location services, make sure to allow everything.

7 hours ago, howitzer said:

Sounds like it's time for you to contact the customer support and tell them everything you've told us.

i did already before start to talk about here...
but... still waiting for a reply... :/

7 hours ago, kbalage said:

In your phone's settings go to the App list, find the Powered Up app, check Storage options, and clear all data for the app. Then try to uninstall it, reboot your phone, reinstall the app. You should get again the permission popup for location services, make sure to allow everything.

i did couple of times already... 
still the same result...

at the end i would just link the hub to the app to check if there is a firmware update...

i tested with powered up lego app
and actually the hub links perfectly with the app...

so, imo, it's definitely something wrong with the lego control+ app...
but just can't figure out what it's wrong :/

I'm almost sure it's about the permissions. When you delete data / uninstall / reinstall, do you get the warning to enable access to BT / location services?

2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I'm almost sure it's about the permissions. When you delete data / uninstall / reinstall, do you get the warning to enable access to BT / location services?

no, also because it has already all access and permissions to everything...

15 minutes ago, leonema said:

no, also because it has already all access and permissions to everything...

That's not how Android permissions should work. Once you clear the app's data and reinstall it, you need to grant access again as the previous settings are also deleted.

If you correctly delete the app's cache and local data, that should trigger the permissions popup on next launch (when you open the set's profile in the app) even without reinstalling it.

Screenshot_20220206_080227.jpg

31 minutes ago, kbalage said:

That's not how Android permissions should work. Once you clear the app's data and reinstall it, you need to grant access again as the previous settings are also deleted.

If you correctly delete the app's cache and local data, that should trigger the permissions popup on next launch (when you open the set's profile in the app) even without reinstalling it.

usually i force kill
then clear cache, then clear data
my app version is also 1.6.1
and have android 11 RPES31.Q4U-47-35-11

just tried again... same result... no permissions popup
it's all very weird... because controlz and even lego powered up work perfectly...

here the screenshot and the permissions screenshot

bluetooth, location and wifi are turned on...

Edited by leonema

1 hour ago, leonema said:

usually i force kill
then clear cache, then clear data
my app version is also 1.6.1
and have android 11 RPES31.Q4U-47-35-11

just tried again... same result... no permissions popup
it's all very weird... because controlz and even lego powered up work perfectly...

here the screenshot and the permissions screenshot

bluetooth, location and wifi are turned on...

At Adroïd 11 you get the permission setting choices, ALWAYS and WHEN USING THE APP
It's neccessairy that you set to ALWAYS or the app won't work.

1 minute ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

At Adroïd 11 you get the permission setting choices, ALWAYS and WHEN USING THE APP
It's neccessairy that you set to ALWAYS or the app won't work.

i haven't always as option...
what can i do now?

2 minutes ago, leonema said:

i haven't always as option...
what can i do now?

If your phone manufacturer didn't inplement it I really have no idea how the handle.
Is your phone on the white list at Lego?

5 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

If your phone manufacturer didn't inplement it I really have no idea how the handle.
Is your phone on the white list at Lego?

my phone is a motorola g8 power
but have no idea if it's on the lego white list... will check it later

the weird thing is that before the app worked... just didn't use for long time because i don't like so much... 

I always like to try and help problem solve peoples Lego issues but with this I have no idea. Have you tried turning one of the diffs round?! 

It does seem like a permissions thing if I had to guess. Maybe the download was corrupted? I don't know, when you uninstall an app from your phone, does that actually delete the previous downloaded copy of the app entirely? If not how do you delete it so you can redownload a fresh copy? 

8 minutes ago, allanp said:

I always like to try and help problem solve peoples Lego issues but with this I have no idea. Have you tried turning one of the diffs round?! 

It does seem like a permissions thing if I had to guess. Maybe the download was corrupted? I don't know, when you uninstall an app from your phone, does that actually delete the previous downloaded copy of the app entirely? If not how do you delete it so you can redownload a fresh copy? 

first of all thanks for your help and support...

i tried many times to wipe all data (settings => apps => control+ => delete cache & delete all stored data), uninstall and reinstall getting the app only from the google play store

even on another mobile (listed in the lego white list) with the same result

i start to think that is a problem of the app in itself...
and still waiting a reply from lego technical support

It's possible the problem is in the app.  One time with a new version of the LEGO Powered UP app, I could not get a working bluetooth connection between the hub and my tablet.  I had no problems with the previous version of the app.  Later on a newer version came out and the bluetooth started working again.  :pir-classic:

35 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

It's possible the problem is in the app.  One time with a new version of the LEGO Powered UP app, I could not get a working bluetooth connection between the hub and my tablet.  I had no problems with the previous version of the app.  Later on a newer version came out and the bluetooth started working again.  :pir-classic:

thanks
so, i'm not crazy...
i mean... it's actually possible that not only i have this problem...

so, the only thing i could do now is wait a new version that will work, correct?

9 hours ago, leonema said:

my phone is a motorola g8 power
but have no idea if it's on the lego white list... will check it later

the weird thing is that before the app worked... just didn't use for long time because i don't like so much... 

I stumbled into the problem when I changed my outdated S7 Edge for a S21 Ultra
From that moment it was impossible to tell BOOST that the location permission was allready on.
It kept asking for it.
Lego support scratched their forheads (maybe also some other parts cause it took ages), no solution.
I didn't give up and just tried everything so I stumbled into the location permission ALWAYS and that solved the trick.
I forwarded it to Lego so they can do something with it. (I say nothing but just pone the word latency here)

6 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

I stumbled into the problem when I changed my outdated S7 Edge for a S21 Ultra
From that moment it was impossible to tell BOOST that the location permission was allready on.
It kept asking for it.
Lego support scratched their forheads (maybe also some other parts cause it took ages), no solution.
I didn't give up and just tried everything so I stumbled into the location permission ALWAYS and that solved the trick.
I forwarded it to Lego so they can do something with it. (I say nothing but just pone the word latency here)

i did some research and there is no way to enable the always permission on android 11... 
so i can't do nothing by my own...

if the lego android team will do something on the app ok
otherwise i'll just keep using the controlz app as always did... and peace

2 hours ago, leonema said:

there is no way to enable the always permission on android 11.

Has nothing to do with Android but everything with the manufacturers software overlay on it.

Anyone know how to program in powered up app which works like 42114 or 42131? I made new 42131 alternative and it use rotary catch like original model. But due to some special function, normal C+ app doesn't work with mine.

I tried as can as possible but not perfactly working. AB is drive, C is function, D is catch.

Edited by msk6003