Micmac

Harry Potter custom builds and moc's

15 hours ago, Micmac said:

Made a comparison picture of the original and my moc. Made a few more alterations to some of the buildings as I ordered some more bricks. Just need to do interior of Oliivanders and Scribbulus now.

Looks great with the extra floors! Really nice 

Hi guys just to let you know I recently created an Instagram profile for my Harry Potter mods and mocs, including video instructions for my popular Headmasters Tower for the Great Hall set:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKtbdsNpXGu/?igshid=wshvufnol5p2

The profile name is ‘mylegoharrypotter’ please check it out as I’m uploading some content never seen before! 
Thanks 

Lego Skirmish at Malfoy manor moc

Recreated the concept drawing from Lego Harry Potter Building the Magical World book. It's simple enough but reminds me of the new book sets. It could work as one with modification. 

I made this custom, I transformed the front window to be removable, and I removed the side window and put the mural, put the dresser and lamp, shortened the bed and placed it in front. And with these modifications he got even more space on the second floor.
NOTE: Please notice the corner shelf, that was one of my best ideas haha.

bbb.jpg

Edited by ZeLuiz08

12 hours ago, Micmac said:

Recreated the concept drawing from Lego Harry Potter Building the Magical World book. It's simple enough but reminds me of the new book sets. It could work as one with modification. 

Wow!! I absolutely love this! I think since the first time I saw that sketch, I've wanted to see a build of that set. You've done a great job of capturing all the elements of the concept art. Of course, now I find myself wondering how they'd change it into a Moments set, because you're right, it would make a good one.

10 hours ago, ZeLuiz08 said:
I made this custom, I transformed the front window to be removable, and I removed the side window and put the mural, put the dresser and lamp, shortened the bed and placed it in front. And with these modifications he got even more space on the second floor.
NOTE: Please notice the corner shelf, that was one of my best ideas haha.

That does do a much better job of capturing the room from the film, even down to the detail of the corner shelf. :wink: Seriously, nice eye for detail. Thanks for sharing it. 

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Wow!! I absolutely love this! I think since the first time I saw that sketch, I've wanted to see a build of that set. You've done a great job of capturing all the elements of the concept art. Of course, now I find myself wondering how they'd change it into a Moments set, because you're right, it would make a good one.

That does do a much better job of capturing the room from the film, even down to the detail of the corner shelf. :wink: Seriously, nice eye for detail. Thanks for sharing it. 

Thank you so much, it was so simple that I am even upset that LEGO didn't do it that way from the beginning, but really enjoy working on it.

Love that realisation of the Malfoy Manor concept art @Micmac! It feels much more like a set they would produce now than back then.

What's the chandelier hanging from, though? :innocent2:

On 2/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, Micmac said:

Very impressive! The piano looks especially great.

12 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Malfoy Manor moment set idea

I put the main elements from the build in the Potions book to get a feel for how it would work. I'm sure lego would turn a lot of the elements into stickers. The organs fit in the book closed minus the seat section.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Love that realisation of the Malfoy Manor concept art @Micmac! It feels much more like a set they would produce now than back then.

What's the chandelier hanging from, though? :innocent2:

I have some transparent studs on top of the fireplace wall and the clear long pole element used in the quidditch set to extend it out into the scene.

42 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Very impressive! The piano looks especially great.

Its a modified version of the one in the Haunted House set 

Edited by Micmac

@Micmac Wow! :excited: Or as Hermione would say: "Holy Cricket!" Thanks so much for trying that out. :wub: Seriously, this is so helpful. I just so happened to order a second Potions Moments classroom last week and I now know precisely what I'll be doing with the extra "book". :classic: That architectural detail of the snakes is now a definite must for over the fireplace, too; the book is taller than the "original" and that helps make some sense of the height. Haven't the pieces for the organ lying about as luck would have it... (bricklink here I come lol) And I really like the way you suspended the chandelier (just realised it's one long chain and not two), particularly as it's so crucial to the scene.

If lego were doing it... Yeah, I can already picture a sticker with the portrait of a Malfoy ancestor over the organ. Comparing the two builds side by side, I think the first profits greatly from having some space to either side for the fireplace to "breathe". (And of course the brick bricks (?? no idea what they're called, but you know what I mean) are much nicer, but I can't see them spending the budget on that or the brick built books, more's the pity...) I haven't tried expanding the Moments sets to a wider format, but this just gave me the incentive to do so. (As an added bonus, I can get away with leaving the books lying around in our household longer than the regular builds. :head_back:)   

I think I'll also be adding the Death Eater dining table of challenging digestion (lego is never going to give me an official Professor Charity Burbage fig, are they?), and perhaps some armchairs for in front of the fire...  But this is definitely something I want to tinker with. Thanks again for trying that out. :classic:

On 2/15/2021 at 2:00 AM, Micmac said:

I put the main elements from the build in the Potions book to get a feel for how it would work. I'm sure lego would turn a lot of the elements into stickers. The organs fit in the book closed minus the seat section.

Very nice, could you tell me where the portrait on the 2x3 tile comes from? 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Very nice, could you tell me where the portrait on the 2x3 tile comes from? 

Think its from the hidden side mansion.

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

Think its from the hidden side mansion.

Got it, it's from 70425, nice one. 

Just saw the fireplace technique in the full build, very good :) 

Grey one was best i could do before far as colors available in pieces. Now i have ordered the pieces to make number 1 and 2 I slightly favor Nr 2.    I think they make some pretty attractive little pieces. I did the one stud black for some contrast, like it some soot or soemthing.

2020-hogwarts-props.png

Little update to my hogwarts mods, made the akvedukt hall wider 

50942478398_79dca4e4e9_o.png

Edited by deskp

On 2/17/2021 at 12:16 AM, deskp said:

Grey one was best i could do before far as colors available in pieces. Now i have ordered the pieces to make number 1 and 2 I slightly favor Nr 2.    I think they make some pretty attractive little pieces. I did the one stud black for some contrast, like it some soot or soemthing.

2020-hogwarts-props.png

I like the one on the right best, its the most accurate height I think, and would look a good size next to a minifig. 

harry-potter1-disneyscreencaps.com-5149.

If there was a 2x2 square version of the round tile with hole in the middle, that would look better, but yours looks great considering that piece doesn't exist. 

9 hours ago, Seaber said:

I like the one on the right best, its the most accurate height I think, and would look a good size next to a minifig. 

They actually showed up with different heights in the films! 

10 hours ago, Seaber said:

If there was a 2x2 square version of the round tile with hole in the middle, that would look better, but yours looks great considering that piece doesn't exist. 

I have found a decent solution for that:

torchtorch.png

(sorry for double post, thought they would auto-merge)

Edited by deskp

On 2/18/2021 at 8:53 PM, deskp said:

They actually showed up with different heights in the films! 

You learn something new every day :laugh:

On 2/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, deskp said:

I have found a decent solution for that:

(sorry for double post, thought they would auto-merge)

Now THAT is good! 

Edited by Seaber

torch_2

torch

I had a go trying to get a bit more shaping round the top of the torches. I had a mess around for half an hour or so and came up with the above. I think the first one looks about a plate too high on top, the second maybe comes down over the columns a little too far. Oh, and not all the pieces come in one colour! 

Edited by Seaber

This is my first attempt to photograph a minifigure and share it on this site :blush:.

I've choosen Peeves simply cause I created it just yesterday, having received Metamorpho minifigure, which I used for the head. My references have been PC and PS Harry Potter games, from which I took hint on Peeves appearance.

Hope you like it! :laugh:

51002208880_1036803e23_c.jpgPeeves by Brick Matit, su Flickr

17 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

This is my first attempt to photograph a minifigure and share it on this site :blush:.

I've choosen Peeves simply cause I created it just yesterday, having received Metamorpho minifigure, which I used for the head. My references have been PC and PS Harry Potter games, from which I took hint on Peeves appearance.

Hope you like it! :laugh:

I do like it! I love the way you've presented Peeves too, nice and informative. Good choice of head too. 

On 11/2/2020 at 1:27 AM, Murdoch17 said:

EDIT: Oh, and here is the station I mentioned earlier:

See it here in this topic with the Hogwarts Express.... and yes, it was inspired by the Sesame Street set!

Is that Lady hiding behind the Hogwarts Express there? :classic:

24 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I do like it! I love the way you've presented Peeves too, nice and informative. Good choice of head too. 

Is that Lady hiding behind the Hogwarts Express there? :classic:

yes! She has her own topic here.

19 hours ago, Seaber said:

Thank you very much!

When I have some free time, I will post more. 

Allow the strange looking figures, they're all I have with me right now, cobbled together from various Bricklink orders. I've had a go at making Pygmy Puffs, I think they look okay considering the scale. 

8de78a2c5263b52cc49133391bb95c99.jpg

_20210327_171731_20210327_171705

Pygmy Puffs come in various shades of pink and purple, but I'll probably use a few bluish ones to add some variety.