Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

If you think about it, there are no Avengers movies in the pipeline, so some other movie may have to take the spot of getting a full wave of six sets. Just a speculation, though.

From what I've read, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is the next "event" movie - likely to be similar to Captain America: Civil War in that it's nominally a "solo" movie but has major ramifications for the broader MCU.

That said, I don't think any movie needs to "take the spot" of an Avengers movie in terms of how many LEGO sets they get - between movies and Disney+ series, there might be as many as ten MCU properties debuting next year, so there will be no shortage of LEGO tie-ins even if they max out at three or four (and even if some of the shows get no sets at all).

Speculating on these sets is so fun, does anyone here think we will get an Advanced Suit minfigure for Spidey? He should've had it in the FFH sets but oh well. I see no reason why they couldn't re-release a version of the 2014 TASM minfig for Andrew in the sets, and they can somehow improve the already perfect Tobey minfig from the 2002/03/04 sets. If Electro has the head dress he is known for that would also be awesome

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

Speculating on these sets is so fun, does anyone here think we will get an Advanced Suit minfigure for Spidey?

Are you talking about the Bosco suit? No excuse if Lego doesn't give us that suit

8 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Are you talking about the Bosco suit? No excuse if Lego doesn't give us that suit

I am! I think it is pretty reasonable to expect it. The concept art for this movie should not be the stark suit lol, if it is then thats dumb

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sony and Disney's Spider-Man deal has reportedly been extended :excited:

So they’re not killing off Pete in Spider-Man 3 now? 

YES!!! More MCU Spider-Man movies please

I just found the Ghost Rider set at my local Kohl's, definitely start checking because they had several of the 2021 sets from different themes.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, TOTDForever said:

you know well that we will all be excited for these actors to appear regardless if they are playing the original versions of their characters lol. But why wouldn't they play their original versions? It makes no sense otherwise and it is so simple.

I can see maybe Electro playing the same character, but with a new look. Doctor Octopus is a complicated one though, he died - so they would need to take the Raimi Spider-man either from that part of his timeline OR have this be a different version. That is going under the viewpoint of this being a Trio Spider-man VS Sinister Six film.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:16 PM, TOTDForever said:

Also imagine if we get more than 3 sets for this movie, that would be insane 

No knowledge on the situation, but if we are having six villains personally would go for 4 sets:

1. 'Watts' Spider-man (Red/Black Suit) VS Villain 1
  2. Doctor Strange + 'Watts' MJ VS Villain 2
  3. Scarlet Witch + Wong VS Villain 3 + Villain 4
  4. 'Watts' Spider-man (New Suit) + 'Webb' Spider-man + 'Raimi' Spider-man VS Villain 5 + Villain 6

Something like that - big set of the wave would have the three Spider-man together. Or they could split the Spider-man figures amongst the wave and potentially give variants/battle damaged ones for the big set. If we get something like six sets, then they would just split the villains each between a set and have a 'collect the Sinister Six' theme.

15 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

they never were?

Generally the vibe has been that this series is building to the passing of the torch from Peter to Miles - in a similar way Tony passed to Peter. If the deal goes bleh then they would have Peter die or leave this multiverse to go to the Sonyverse with Miles taking up as the MCU Spider-man for cameos or a heroic version of the Prowler.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm willing to bet that we have:

• 'Watts' Spider-man appearing in Doctor Strange 2
  • 'Watts' Spider-man appearing in Venom 2 (Cameo)
  • 'Watts' Spider-man appearing in a Sinister Six spin-off movie (Unless Spider-man 3 or 4 serves that purpose)
  • 'Watts' Spider-man appearing in Fantastic Four
  • 'Watts' Spider-man getting a Spider-man 4 where he passes the mantle to Miles

58 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Generally the vibe has been that this series is building to the passing of the torch from Peter to Miles - in a similar way Tony passed to Peter. If the deal goes bleh then they would have Peter die or leave this multiverse to go to the Sonyverse with Miles taking up as the MCU Spider-man for cameos or a heroic version of the Prowler.

If the deal ''goes bleh'' there won't be a Spider-Man left in the MCU. Sony owns the movie rights to all Spidey characters, including Miles Morales. 

No way Peter passes the torch to Miles in Spider-Man 4. Tom Holland is still very young and they’re going to make these films until he’s at least older. I do think Miles will appear but will fight crime alongside Peter like the PS4 universe. Also, I don’t think Scarlet Witch and Wong are showing up in Spider-Man 3??? And I doubt there’ll be a Sinister Six spin-off at this point.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:45 PM, HarryVader said:

I sharpied one of the MCU suit minifigures to make it a red and black suit. Wish Lego could’ve made one.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, ToaDraco said:

I just found the Ghost Rider set at my local Kohl's, definitely start checking because they had several of the 2021 sets from different themes.

I’ll try to get the charger and x wing then. Thanks for the heads up.

On 12/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, TOTDForever said:

Apparently Shang Chi is TIME magazines most anticipated marvel movie of 2021. Hopefully the sets (set?) does the movie justice 

I remember that someone said on this forum it might have two sets, because the set numbers match movie sets numbers or something. I agree with Time’s statement that it is the most anticipated marvel movie.

Marvel is doing a New Year concert in China. I think that’s the perfect opportunity to show the first look at Shang-Chi. 

I really hope we get the Bosco suit with the Spidey 3 sets. We have every other one of Pete’s MCU outfits, other than the homemade suit which I could make using purist parts fairly easily. The torso of one of the suits in that Spider Lair would do nicely come to think of it. In all honesty though, I kinda hope Spider-Man doesn’t even get a new costume in this movie. After all, they’ll have two additional Spider-Men to sell toys off this time around. 

I’m interested to see what else is coming next year. We’ve known about an Eternal wave for a while, so no surprises there. I imagine we’ll get at least one Shang Chi set, possibly an additional Black Widow set, and maybe some stuff for the D+ shows? That kind of remains an enigma. I actually just saw new Wandavision and Falcon/Winter Solider Funko POPs at a store yesterday and was bummed that we’ve heard nothing about Lego products for either of them as of yet.

11 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

Very excited to see anything from Shang-Chi yet. We haven't even gotten a trailer.

Well at the moment (Covid pending), the film is still 7 months away. I'd hate for it to have a trailer release, hype builds, then everything gets pushed back again

I really want another Black Widow set with the SDCC figures rereleased (but Red Guardian has a helmet) and Melina (the huge aircraft that Taskmaster had in the trailer would be an awesome build or a better version of his tank).

Also, I have no idea how the current helicopter set sold. Like I said it would be very awkward if that set retires before or when the movie releases. 

Was gifted the Helicarrier and Hulkbuster for Christmas and I must say after building the Hulkbuster, its much nicer in person. The flat head is not as bothersome and if you take the add-on seat from the shoulder it looks much nicer. Haven’t built the Helicarrier yet but plan on ordering April’s hair piece from the cinematic TMNT sets, and the new city blonde piece from 60257 (aware that’s not the first set it appeared in) for Black Widow and Captain Marvel respectively. 

at first I was upset we got AIM agents and no named villains for the Hulkbuster but in some ways it’s kind of fun to army build? I think at this point its the design choices for the AIM agents that bother me, like I enjoy how tactical they look but am slightly bored by their design choice. Overall very satisfied with these sets. With rescue, they printed on her thrusters on her back printing but I plan on copying the wing build used on iron man in his new hall of armor set, but in the same red rescue is printed with. Despite not having huge wings in the comics, it was more the MCU that depicted Rescue with large wings, I personally can’t wait to add them onto the figure. 

Overall this wave reflected what I love about this theme, the Helicarrier, Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster are all relevant builds and most of the figures this wave were impeccable, and the builds were above average. My only critiques are, Black Widow didn’t need to be in 3 sets, the Avengers Tower could have given us another Avenger. I don’t know if Vision or Scarlet Witch are in the game but I’d have liked to see someone besides black Widow. And maybe a named villain could have been dropped in one of the 3 sets where the AIM agent was the only adversary. Besides that the builds were relevant and the figured were great. In some ways spending my money on the summer 2020 wave makes me okay with skipping on the 2021 winter wave. My pockets get to heal. 

Honestly the longer I think about that D2C the more I want it to be an Asgard set based on Thor: The Dark World. Imagine a set with the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf, a part of the rainbow bridge and one of the Dark Elves' ships with Thor, Loki, Odin, Frigga, Heimdall, Sif, Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, Jane, Malekith, Kurse and 2/3 generic Dark Elves as the figures. I would buy something like that in a heartbeat. But I'm definetely setting myself up for disappointment here, if it's a Marvel D2C to begin with it probably won't be all that exciting. 

Honestly the longer I think about that D2C the more I want it to be an Asgard set based on Thor: The Dark World. Imagine a set with the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf, a part of the rainbow bridge and one of the Dark Elves' ships with Thor, Loki, Odin, Frigga, Heimdall, Sif, Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, Jane, Malekith, Kurse and 2/3 generic Dark Elves as the figures. I would buy something like that in a heartbeat. But I'm definetely setting myself up for disappointment here, if it's a Marvel D2C to begin with it probably won't be all that exciting. 

I feel like most people hyped for the D2C are expecting something like Diagon Alley with 10-15 figures, but the reality (which is often disappointing) is it'd be more akin to the microscale Hogwarts or the Helicarrier, and have around 4-6 figures. If it was Asgard tho, Odin and Heimdall need to happen at least. Though rather than the Dark Elves, I would like to see a Frost Giant

32 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I feel like most people hyped for the D2C are expecting something like Diagon Alley with 10-15 figures, but the reality (which is often disappointing) is it'd be more akin to the microscale Hogwarts or the Helicarrier, and have around 4-6 figures. If it was Asgard tho, Odin and Heimdall need to happen at least. Though rather than the Dark Elves, I would like to see a Frost Giant

Don’t think it’ll be based on The Dark World, as that’s the least popular MCU movie. I don’t think they’ll make people happy by making a $300 set based on that film. I do think it may be based on Ragnarok though. That said, I still believe they will make either a quinjet or the Avengers compound from Endgame

Edited by HarryVader

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

My expectations for this D2C are probably as low as they can possibly be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this ends up being a set that sits between horrible and meh with only 1 or 2 cool figures everyone's gonna want to get. There's a lot of things they could potentially do (Asgard, Avengers Compound, Wakanda, etc) but they'll most likely pick the least interesting/most disappointing concept and run with it. 

Just now, HarryVader said:

Don’t think it’ll be based on The Dark World, as that’s the least popular MCU movie. I don’t think they’ll make people happy by making a $300 set based on that film. I do think it may be based on Ragnarok though. That said, I still believe they will make either a quinjet or the Avengers compound from Ebdgame

Reason I picked TDW is because it has by far the most minifigure potential out of any of the Thor movies :shrug_oh_well:

Cautiously excited about the D2C. Is there any difference between a D2C and. USC set? 

Its probably gonna be an MCU set so I’ll probably pass but it’d be amazing if we got a large set based on a comic location. Avengers Mansion, Avengers Tower (at a high price with tons of pieces could be amazing/master builds), Baxter Building, X-Mansion, or a giant brick built  Galactus. 

also dislike the trend of making sets with few figure. Like the 80’s Batmobile and Batwing both had 3 figured each. It may have been DC but for any large D2C set I would hope we’d get a lot of figures. If its an MCU set I hope it covers whatever itch Lego MCU fans have to scratch so we can put the MCU to rest for Marvel D2C’s. Or it’d be nice to have more frequent sets like this for Marvel so we can eventually start getting comic inspired builds. What else do MCU fans feel they are missing in Lego? Personally as someone who loves the MCU but doesn’t want MCU figures, if I did I’d say Asgard and the final fight sequence from Endgame are the only things really missing. Maybe the big ring from Infinity War or Tony’s Mansion but really I think the MCU sets for each film have usually grasped the spirit of the movie enough. What more do you guys want? Even then, I would love an Asgard set, I’d prefer it be comic based. 

The remainder of sets listed for the year will go to MCU sets, surely? Like past the terrible winter Spiderman wave will the rest of this years sets go to the films being released?