Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

The Hideout set price to part ratio reminds me a lot of the Red Hulk set and the Compound set... what if we get both big fig Venom and ultimate Green Goblin (super wishful thinking but what if)

20 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I live in the US, but which things, exactly?

21037 LEGO House, 21055 Burj Khalifa, LEGO House exclusive sets (In Denmark, United Kingdom, and Ireland), and the return of 75144 Snowspeeder...

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Might want to give some examples then....

Yep, I did...

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

21037 LEGO House, 21055 Burj Khalifa, LEGO House exclusive sets (In Denmark, United Kingdom, and Ireland), and the return of 75144 Snowspeeder..

Those seem sort of inconsequential compared to exclusive Marvel prints and all the other Con sets we've had access to. It's not like the Lego House sets were widely available or even very sought after.

1 minute ago, nintendude64 said:

Those seem sort of inconsequential compared to exclusive Marvel prints and all the other Con sets we've had access to. It's not like the Lego House sets were widely available or even very sought after.

But that snowspeeder... it's been on my wanted list for years!!! I planned to get it in 2019 but didn't expect it to retire much earlier...

Plus, the price of the LEGO house has gone up a lot...

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

21037 LEGO House, 21055 Burj Khalifa, LEGO House exclusive sets (In Denmark, United Kingdom, and Ireland), and the return of 75144 Snowspeeder...

The Burj Khalifa is a straight remake of a set that was also released in the US and the Snowspeeder was available everywhere, just a month longer in Europe because of production reasons. And of course LEGO House sets are exclusive to Billund but that doesn't mean it's easy to get for us. None of these ''examples '' even come close to being the type of set we're discussing here.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

But that snowspeeder... it's been on my wanted list for years!!! I planned to get it in 2019 but didn't expect it to retire much earlier...

If you missed out on the Snowspeeder that's your own fault, it's been available worldwide for almost 2 years (the normal lifespan of a LEGO set). In no way is it exclusive to Europe as you claim it to be

28 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you missed out on the Snowspeeder that's your own fault, it's been available worldwide for almost 2 years (the normal lifespan of a LEGO set). In no way is it exclusive to Europe as you claim it to be

Sure, it's my own fault to miss it.

Europe got a return about a month ago, US did not...

42 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Yep, I did...

Very weak examples here. House set was exclusive to Billund and not everyone was interested in it. The rest just accommodate production run. USA always got preferential treatment from LEGO, and it’s stupid to compare. Americans always get best promos, exclusives and prices. So stop, your arguments are weak. This set should be available worldwide, but anyone who lives outside USA is getting screwed by LEGO for no reason with this set.

75144: Snowspeeder , Availability at LEGO.com (tracked by Brickset)

UK 04 May 17 - 04 Feb 19
USA 05 May 17 - 15 Jan 19

Yes I can see the set was briefly on the EU site again in August 2020, but the set was already way past it's original lifespan then.

@JintaiZ Maybe buy a new one off bricklink, the European sellers prices are still close to the original retail price, compared to the US sellers which are at least $100 higher.

Edited by TeriXeri

I wouldn’t panic about the exclusive figures just yet. Come January/February if there are no signs of things coming then I might worry

1 hour ago, HarryVader said:

The Hideout set price to part ratio reminds me a lot of the Red Hulk set and the Compound set... what if we get both big fig Venom and ultimate Green Goblin (super wishful thinking but what if)

What if we get the Goblin from Spider Verse? Wings and all. They could use the hand pieces they used for the most recent Killer Croc. I know Goblin didn’t have a huge role in the movie but still.

While Spider-Man's lair (as a build) sounds like it could actually be a great set, and 3 minfigs included are a fantastic addition...

WHY Lego, why? Do we really need more Spider-Vehicles and villains like Venom and Carnage? Just give me Kraven, Electro or Lizard.

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

75144: Snowspeeder , Availability at LEGO.com (tracked by Brickset)

UK 04 May 17 - 04 Feb 19
USA 05 May 17 - 15 Jan 19

Yes I can see the set was briefly on the EU site again in August 2020, but the set was already way past it's original lifespan then.

@JintaiZ Maybe buy a new one off bricklink, the European sellers prices are still close to the original retail price, compared to the US sellers which are at least $100 higher.

But when you add shipping...

3 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Ooh that'd be amazing. If they do an Ultimate Goblin again one day, I'd like to see some wings on him like in Spider-Verse to make him different from the last figure of him.

Lego sure likes Venom, don't they...

Honestly I'm not usually one to criticize repeated minifigs or builds since in my mind, there's always someone who just started collecting and missed out on the previous version, but I think Lego can cool it with the overly repeated Spider-villains. Do we really need 5 sets involving Venom in 3 years? Even Mysterio is starting to get old at this point and they just introduced him last year. It's not like you have to dig deep into obscure characters to find ones we're missing either. We still don't have iconic characters like Lizard and Black Cat, and even going into other repeats they could do we haven't seen Electro in 6 years and still no traditional version of Rhino, for example.

That being said anyway, I'm still excited to see the Spidey-Hidey Hole, and the monster truck has also piqued my interest, I might get it depending on how Doc Ock's arms turn out since I still don't have Spider-Gwen either.

What if the new Doc Ock is based on PS4 spidey Doc Ock? They said the hair was different, and the arms are different, and ps4 Ock has a basically bald head with side hair, and his tentacles are certainly different than what we’ve gotten before.

54 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

What if the new Doc Ock is based on PS4 spidey Doc Ock? They said the hair was different, and the arms are different, and ps4 Ock has a basically bald head with side hair, and his tentacles are certainly different than what we’ve gotten before.

Doesn't sound like a smart idea to give us the main villain of the game when the protagonist could only be obtained through last years SDCC

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Very weak examples here. House set was exclusive to Billund and not everyone was interested in it. The rest just accommodate production run. USA always got preferential treatment from LEGO, and it’s stupid to compare. Americans always get best promos, exclusives and prices. So stop, your arguments are weak. This set should be available worldwide, but anyone who lives outside USA is getting screwed by LEGO for no reason with this set.

So... you can build the SDCC set with parts on bricklink. Won't be too expensive. Also, I don't think I'll be getting any SDCC sets except for maybe the 77904.

On the other hand, I absolutely adore the LEGO House and the Snowspeeder...

5 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

So... you can build the SDCC set with parts on bricklink. Won't be too expensive. Also, I don't think I'll be getting any SDCC sets except for maybe the 77904.

Dude are you even paying attention to the discussion here? Literally nobody cares about the build of this set, that's easy enough to build ourselves. What makes us mad and what we've been discussing for a while now is how this set has 2 exclusive figures, one of which is one of the most requested Marvel characters from the last few years. Reading properly really isn't hard, you should try it sometime.

3 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

What if we get the Goblin from Spider Verse? Wings and all. They could use the hand pieces they used for the most recent Killer Croc. I know Goblin didn’t have a huge role in the movie but still.

As much as we would all love some variation, the set descriptions on a previous page mentioned a glider, something Ultimate Goblin isn't really known for. With the lowest of expectations, I'm expecting a repeat of the 4+ Green Goblin we had 2 years ago

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t panic about the exclusive figures just yet. Come January/February if there are no signs of things coming then I might worry

Yeah I agree. I kept saying this with the Captain Marvel figure last year. So far, virtually no super hero minifigs have remained exclusive to one of these sets (barring the short-haired Aquaman with non-exclusive pieces and Maria Rambeau, which I doubt most people mind). For our friends across the pond, I'd say keep calm and wait.

Just remember that this set was supposed to be for SDCC. Honestly people would have been more pissed off if this was only released to SDCC people. People were worried last year about the captain marvel staying exclusive and a polybag came out. I would bet a lot of money there will be a polybag coming next year with the exclusive figures in it 

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

As much as we would all love some variation, the set descriptions on a previous page mentioned a glider, something Ultimate Goblin isn't really known for. With the lowest of expectations, I'm expecting a repeat of the 4+ Green Goblin we had 2 years ago

The Ultimate Spider-Man one had a glider for the big-fig Goblin, so hopefully it's not completely out of the question? Still unlikely I suppose.

19 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

The Ultimate Spider-Man one had a glider for the big-fig Goblin, so hopefully it's not completely out of the question? Still unlikely I suppose.

Well that version in the show had a glider, the version that appears in comics and ITSV has wings, which would make a glider a bit redundant... But so would a Spider Monster Truck, so who knows :shrug_confused:

I'm just glad to be able to skip sets for once, just Ghost Rider and maybe the Spidey Hidey for me

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not exactly a hard to reach hypothesis considering we haven't really seen a Spidey-Hidey-Hole anywhere else :shrug_oh_well:

comics? ITSV didn't invent the idea 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dude are you even paying attention to the discussion here? Literally nobody cares about the build of this set, that's easy enough to build ourselves. What makes us mad and what we've been discussing for a while now is how this set has 2 exclusive figures, one of which is one of the most requested Marvel characters from the last few years. Reading properly really isn't hard, you should try it sometime.

Not a minifig fan myself...