Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

How come nobody has mentioned Cheetah’s new hair piece yet? :laugh: I’m really glad we’re getting this instead of the regular slicked back hair :thumbup: Seems quite useful for other characters as well, especially in other colours

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

How come nobody has mentioned Cheetah’s new hair piece yet? :laugh: I’m really glad we’re getting this instead of the regular slicked back hair :thumbup: Seems quite useful for other characters as well, especially in other colours

I think most of us are still surprised this set is actually incredibly good, considering they usually don't put much effort in most of the superhero sets

Ok I love this set. We get Max and the Golden Eagle Armor which looks fantastic. Cheetah looks awesome. Even the build is cool.

Edited by HarryVader

I love this set. It looks amazing. Cheetah and Wonder Woman look so good that Maxwell Lord is easily forgiven to me. Wanted to get my hands on that torso piece anyway. The build itself looks really good as well. Really curious how it will look on the inside. It kinda reminds me of yavin 4. And here I thought I wouldn't be getting any dc sets this year. Best dc set in a long time. I hope it sells well so Lego knows we want sets other than batman. Truly amazing.

Holy-Moly this set is GOD-TEIR :wub_drool:

It's been a while since we received a such a highly detailed small set. I think this comfortably sits on the level of many of TLBM sets.

I'm pretty sure the tiles are most likely stickers, you'll notice that the actual piece is grey, while the detail is gold and has a reflective sheen. Last time I checked LEGO's printing was unfortunately not that good.  Still not a bad compromise...

Just now, Foxes Productionz said:

I'm pretty sure the tiles are most likely stickers, you'll notice that the actual piece is grey, while the detail is gold and has a reflective sheen. Last time I checked LEGO's printing was unfortunately not that good.  Still not a bad compromise...

I think so too but I feel like this set might still look really good without those stickers

Now that's a surprise! When I entered this thread, I had to think for a moment if this was still April 1st!

WW and Cheetah look great! New molds and leg printing. What's even better is that the wings are molded, instead of the paper ones (like Hawkman). Max looks too young, though...

And that build is also great!  Very unique for a superhero set. The stickers are the only downside. Also, there's even the invisible jet in the set, did you see?

Just now, The Pearson said:

What is the release date?

That depends on whether TLG release the set as planned (i.e. in May, IIRC) or postpone it to coincide with the delayed film, so next year in the worst case :sad:

16 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

What is the release date?

May 1st, it's dated in various retailers. It could be pushed back a month, but it's unlikely at this point. Could happen tho.

This set is great! I love Cheetah and Wonder Woman, the new molds and new prints are amazing. I really love these figures. Maxwell Lord is crap, though. Why do they always reuse pieces? There should’ve at least been another head they could’ve reused for him that wouldn’t look so young. For a $40 set with a reused Maxwell Lord I think Steve Trevor should have been in here. The satellite dish is an awkward shape and if those are all stickers that’ll be a pain, but it’s a pretty good build. I hope it doesn’t get pushed back. 

I’m usually not into any DC, but I gotta admit this set is outstanding. Didn’t really expect to see new prints and molds.

Pretty sure Cheeta hair isnt a new mold. its from on the the villains of the minidoll themes.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

O god, please tell me they didn't actually use 25 stickers for the dish itself..... please tell me those are prints :cry2:

They can't do that to us! There'll be more time spent putting on stickers than building the set itself! :laugh:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering this is a superheroes set I'm surprised Cheetah isn't piloting a huge cheetah mech

Yeah, this bodes well for the marvel sets if this is how they're handling the theme that didn't even sell as well. :excited:

23 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I’m usually not into any DC, but I gotta admit this set is outstanding. Didn’t really expect to see new prints and molds.

Same here, all I've bought is a few batman figures off bricklink, But I'll probably get this for the parts alone, not to mention the outstanding wonder woman figure. only problem is maxwell lord, who is at a FFH happy hogan figure level of detail, and looks nothing like pedro pascal. Would've been a great opportunity to get a face print for the mandalorian, seeing as he plays him, too.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Avengers Tower includes a Hall of Armor (doesn’t make sense minifig-wise)

I feel like this is the only one I can say is true because he posted a pic like a month ago of the Iron Legion part of old Avengers Tower set with a caption that was something like “remember this?”

Anyway back to DC. Wonder Woman set looks amazing. Even if you remove the satellite you get a great Lego Agents type of bunker that works for anything. I just can’t get over the detail on it! Especially the vines on the right.

Cheetah isn’t great but thats ok, we’ve gotten really great versions of her before. Never had a connection to the villain but I like that torso piece reuse. And of course Wonder Woman is amazing.

New WW set is pretty cool! Really like both Diana and Cheetah minifigures, but wtf is wrong with Max Lord? They didn't even try, it's just so generic. The build is interesting to say the least, bunker with a satellite dish? Count me in. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same here, all I've bought is a few batman figures off bricklink, But I'll probably get this for the parts alone, not to mention the outstanding wonder woman figure. only problem is maxwell lord, who is at a FFH happy hogan figure level of detail, and looks nothing like pedro pascal. Would've been a great opportunity to get a face print for the mandalorian, seeing as he plays him, too.

I agree Maxwell Lord isn't a very good representation of neither the character nor Pedro Pascal but it's definetely not on a FFH Happy Hogan level of bad

He needs lighter hair, preferably different hairpiece (I think TLBM Gordon' hair would work better) and a different face.

It's still a small price to pay for salvation tho. Two amazing minfigures and an incredible build for one mediocre minifig. 

There are two types of bad minfigs: one that doesn't look good, but you're happy that it's included in the set (like Maxwell Lord) and one that also doesn't look good, but it looks so bad that you'd prefer it to not be in the set at all (like Happy).

Whoa, that WW84 set looks great!
At least, the minifigures do. Can't say too much about the build yet, but so far it looks okay.
Was there any info on the price yet?

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Really nice set, but couldn’t Lego have at the least made a new Face for Maxwell Lord?

Would've been nice to put a face under Mando's helmet

I find it funny that for some reason WW in particular gets the only really good DCEU sets. Someone on the team must really love WW.

Golden Eagle Armour with hairmet!

Nudie Cheetah!

Massive golden satellite dish!

An excuse for Max Lord!

I’m good