Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, m0repotter said:

Is the little clear / blue piece just supposed to be a piece of ice? Lol

Looks like a glass of water to me

It feels like so long ago I got my Advent Calendar so the figures are definitely not a new addition to my collection, but I still love seeing them in my display cabinet. They're so vibrant and the Yule Ball tile is a fantastic little print. 

Looking at my display cabinet, in which I have my figures displayed in rows sorted by book, it's clear that Goblet of Fire is the best represented, followed closely by Philosopher's Stone, then (after this year's DA) Chamber Of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince, but the Order Of the Phoenix is sparser figure wise as is Prisoner Of Azkaban, both of which feel like they're missing some notable figure inclusions from their endings (Death Eaters, Werewolf Lupin etc). That being said, I'm really hoping for a second task or Durmstrang next year to round of GOF nicely. I know we've already speculated that the photographer's face in DA looks suspiciously like Karkaroff so I'm hoping that's a good sign although granted Gabrielle's sleeping face in 2019 didn't mean we got a Second Task this year so we never can tell. But as well as Karkaroof I'd love a Rita Skeeter and Merpeople. Then I'm really excited to see what we get for Deathly Hallows as I've never owned any of the sets/figures and they were never very many anyway.

Regardless of what we get though every time I look at my figures and sets I'm so grateful that Lego brought back this theme. :excited:

I do think LEGO has enough things left to make sets from for HP for at least a few more years after next year (protections for the P.S., CoS, Shrieking Shack, 2nd task, Durmstrang Ship, Department of Mysteries, 12 Grimmauld Place, Horcrux cave, and so on). I'm just wondering whether they'd remake some Hogwarts sets to have that tradition of 1 part of Hogwarts per year continue or not. I doubt there's much more of Hogwarts they're able to make after next year.

4 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

I'm just wondering whether they'd remake some Hogwarts sets to have that tradition of 1 part of Hogwarts per year continue or not. I doubt there's much more of Hogwarts they're able to make after next year.

If LEGO starts remaking sections I personally don't see them doing anything unique with the interiors so I really hope LEGO refrains from doing remakes and just gives us random castle-like exteriors with brand new interiors. If they do start remaking sets I'm seriously worried that they'll get stuck in yet another endless cycle of remakes like with Star Wars. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If LEGO starts remaking sections I personally don't see them doing anything unique with the interiors so I really hope LEGO refrains from doing remakes and just gives us random castle-like exteriors with brand new interiors. If they do start remaking sets I'm seriously worried that they'll get stuck in yet another endless cycle of remakes like with Star Wars. 

The Grand Staircase Tower I would suggest is an exception. The Great Hall looks good but the GS Tower in that set is too small, very little interior and has no Headmaster's Tower. A re-release of that would be fine IMO. 

I'd also personally like a better Greenhouse too, but as the last one only came out this year and next year has the Herbology Classroom set, I'm not expecting an update. 

Nothing else needs an update though, and I reckon there are plenty of main castle buildings to see us through 2021 and at least two more years without repeats. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree I'd rather no remakes, especially since it's been maximum 2-3 years since the first ones and I don't want it to become star wars and release the same sets with minor differences every three years. I am not a fan of the random castle-like exteriors though, The Whomping Willow set is probably one of my least favourites, mainly due to the rather lacklustre exterior that vaguely resembles a part of the castle from the films.

8 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The Grand Staircase Tower I would suggest is an exception. The Great Hall looks good but the GS Tower in that set is too small, very little interior and has no Headmaster's Tower. A re-release of that would be fine IMO. 

I'd also personally like a better Greenhouse too, but as the last one only came out this year and next year has the Herbology Classroom set, I'm not expecting an update. 

Nothing else needs an update though, and I reckon there are plenty of main castle buildings to see us through 2021 and at least two more years without repeats. 

Yes, I'd also like them to redo the Grand Staircase Tower, though I don't know how they'd make it able to fit the great hall from 2018. But it does need an update.

I am doubtful of the other Hogwarts parts though. I see lots of people mentioning the bell towers, but they really aren't that prominent in the films in terms of events. Harry flies by them on Buckbeak and we see them ring in GoF, but that's about it (that I can remember). They're a part of the silhouette of Hogwarts of course, I just don't see what events they'd depict as interiors, they probably won't do random interiors. They always try to fit in rooms where events from the books and films take place. Maybe they can set Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom in there or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that they could make the Belltowers and so on. I'm just trying to think about it with how LEGO made the other Hogwarts parts and I kinda think we had all the main parts already (Great Hall, Clocktower, Astronomy tower). They could definitely do random bits that don't really resemble a certain part of Hogwarts and fill it with random interiors, a bit like the Whomping Willow set. I just like the ones more that look like iconic pieces of the castle.

1 hour ago, Mordarch said:

I agree I'd rather no remakes, especially since it's been maximum 2-3 years since the first ones and I don't want it to become star wars and release the same sets with minor differences every three years. I am not a fan of the random castle-like exteriors though, The Whomping Willow set is probably one of my least favourites, mainly due to the rather lacklustre exterior that vaguely resembles a part of the castle from the films.

That's why I want future Hogwarts sections (apart from maybe the Belltowers and Boathouse) to focus on the interior and have the exterior just look like a random piece of castle, not a specific section of Hogwarts :wink:

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's why I want future Hogwarts sections (apart from maybe the Belltowers and Boathouse) to focus on the interior and have the exterior just look like a random piece of castle, not a specific section of Hogwarts :wink:

Bell towers (with part of the Long Gallery), boathouse, and Owlery. After that I agree with you, I’d love to see some interior-focused sets with more or less random castle exterior

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah I really hope they don't do any remakes. I have to admit, I'm kind of worried that they'll remake the Great Hall with a better tower. Then it will be a question of, do we want to spend $100+ on a different version of a set we already have? It would probably have new minifigures as well. And where will it end? I don't want to get roped into continually buying new versions of existing sets just for small improvements and new minifigures.

I'm starting to sound as anxious as Hannah Abbott during OWLs lol

1 hour ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Yeah I really hope they don't do any remakes. I have to admit, I'm kind of worried that they'll remake the Great Hall with a better tower. Then it will be a question of, do we want to spend $100+ on a different version of a set we already have? It would probably have new minifigures as well. And where will it end? I don't want to get roped into continually buying new versions of existing sets just for small improvements and new minifigures.

I don't think that's an immediate concern as the first set is still available! Also, not much happens in the Great Hall that is set worthy other than the feasts. The Duelling Club could be just the stage and the  Battle of Hogwarts doesn't need to what is essentially a bare hall. The Yule Ball was moved to the Clock tower. 

If a Grand Staircase Tower set came out, it could be connected to the Entrance Courtyard, or the front part of the Quad, and the Great Hall need not be redone. The last tower probably only used about 100 of the 800 odd parts in the set, so if the GST was remade these could easily be recycled to make other towers to the builder's content. 

My second side of the Fireplace from the advent calendar came with the cup of water again not the chocolate frog. 

I'm personally all for a remake of the great hall at some point in the next few years, maybe around 2023. The great hall itself is the wrong shape and the tower has numerous issues like its height, lack of turrets (even the 2001 version had a representation of the turrets) and lack of larger upper level. It would also be nice if the tower was more complete instead of just literally half the tower which makes it look bad from most angles. I also wouldn't mind a remake of the Hungarian horntail but that can wait awhile. 

Im fine with them doing remakes as long we're still getting new stuff regularly, nothing feels like it's being held back (for example if we don't get the slytherin and Hufflepuff common rooms soon) and the remakes are easy to skip without interesting exclusive figures or something. I would prefer one or two useless remakes per year to expand the line over the abundance of novelty side products like advent calendars, polybags, GWPs, book exclusive figures, buildable books, mosaics, ect. 

9 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good news: the MBoM GWP set will be available on s@h starting Jan 1st and thus coincides with the release of the ‚moments’ sets: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-monsterbuch-januar-2020/113610/

Now I‘m really glad I was patient with this one :laugh:

That's great for those who were planning on buying those books! Does mean I'll personally be skipping it though, ah I didn't really care about it much anyway :grin:

The LEGO Hogwarts Moments books are already appearing at Kohl’s stores in the US! Looks like some lucky Americans are going to have an extra set of surprises under the Christmas tree this year.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good news: the MBoM GWP set will be available on s@h starting Jan 1st and thus coincides with the release of the ‚moments’ sets: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-monsterbuch-januar-2020/113610/

Now I‘m really glad I was patient with this one :laugh:

That's great news, although don't know if I'll be able to jump on it. S@H orders are normally shipped from Belgium to me in the UK and no idea if I'll get stung with any tax after December or if Lego will circumnavigate it for their consumers.

2 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

The LEGO Hogwarts Moments books are already appearing at Kohl’s stores in the US! Looks like some lucky Americans are going to have an extra set of surprises under the Christmas tree this year.

Yeah mine didn’t have any 2021 sets when I checked over the weekend. I’m gonna keep checking in though, hoping to find all four of these and the Mando set! I can wait for the other SW sets, they’re not as exciting, plus I still have plenty of 2020 SW sets to get. It’s really nice to have some HP to look forward to this early

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s really nice to have some HP to look forward to this early

Agreed :thumbup: It’s a nice way to tidy us over until we hear more news about the 2HY sets. In hindsight, it makes me wonder how we survived the drought between September 2019 and February 2020 :laugh_hard: (or December, in case you’re not a naughty boy or girl savaging the advent calendar right after release :tongue:)

Speaking of which: It’s nice opening two doors each day to get some Denmarky goodness, no empathy for anyone who couldn’t wait :devil_laugh:

I just build 75968  4 Privet Drive, and i must say, that I am disappointed over the Anglia. 

Being a child in the 60ties, I was often a passenger in an Anglia, and there was two things, that really put this car aside from others: the shark-like grinning grill, and the inward-sloping back window. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Anglia#/media/File:Ford_Anglia_Sportsman_-_Charleroi_2019_-_07.jpg

I dug up the 3 other LEGO Anglias I have (sets 4728, 4841, 75953), and none of them get the grille and the back window right. 

4728 has the grille, but not in the grinning form, there are no taillight fins, and no stripe on the doors.

4841 has the "grin" but without grilles, there is NO back window, and the doors has no stripes. 

75953 has the "grin" but without grilles, the back window is not slanting - but the tailfins and striped doors are OK.

75968 has the "grin" but without grilles (not even a sticker), the tailfins and striped doors are OK - but the back window is the worst design I have seen - you could even say that it is slanting the wrong way. 

I just wonder, how LEGO has now missed 4 designs of a classic car without getting the two defining features right. It cant be that difficult to make a sticker with grilles, or an inward slanting back window, can it?

The rest of the set was fine - the house feels very sturdy due to the massive roof. 

4 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

I just build 75968  4 Privet Drive, and i must say, that I am disappointed over the Anglia. 

SNIP

You could build @hachiroku's model of the car, as it seems better than any Lego set thus far! He even has instructions for it on Youtube.

(I can't seems to get a photo from his Flickr page to work, sorry.)

6 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

You could build @hachiroku's model of the car,

Thank you for the link! However, this MOC suffers from some of the same ailments as the LEGO ones, namely that the specific shark-grin is not present. 

LEGO has managed to get the outline of the grin in the last 3 sets, but they lack the grille. Hachiroku's MOC has the grille, but not the grin. 

My biggest complain over LEGO is, that they had 4 chances, but still not managed to nail it. There has been so many other new molds for HP during the years, so is a slanting window and a grille-sticker to much to ask for?

7 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Thank you for the link! However, this MOC suffers from some of the same ailments as the LEGO ones, namely that the specific shark-grin is not present. 

LEGO has managed to get the outline of the grin in the last 3 sets, but they lack the grille. Hachiroku's MOC has the grille, but not the grin. 

My biggest complain over LEGO is, that they had 4 chances, but still not managed to nail it. There has been so many other new molds for HP during the years, so is a slanting window and a grille-sticker to much to ask for?

Sorry but the set have name PRIVET DRIVE not ANGLIA :X :X:X 

1 minute ago, KA1 said:

Sorry but the set have name PRIVET DRIVE not ANGLIA :X :X:X 

But that doesn't give them an excuse to exclude defining features of the Anglia from the set. I'm not a car fan so it doesn't bother me but if those features are important it's weird that LEGO failed to include them in any of the 4 Anglia versions.