Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I will confess - I never bought any large HP sets from 2018 to today (shockingl?). I only bought small ones like Expecto Patronus and Grimewald’s escape. Also, I have advent calendar from last year. And HP CMF Series 1, that’s it! Right now, I am considering about buying the Burrow. And now....Diagon Alley. Is on the way. Oh boy, I am looking to get that Diagon Alley set!

19 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Oh dear, quite keen for Rise of Voldemort and Beauxbatons Carriage also... best get saving!

Great Hall is on offer at Amazon DE (make sure you tick the apply coupon box too), and you can also get €6 with a €50 Gift card Here Which arrives immediately so can be applied to your order, if that’s any good? Not sure where you’re from but it’s easy to use foreign Amazons. You can pay in euros with a fee free card if you like or use the Amazon converter 

(Actually that €6 voucher offer could be useful for many of you :) The offer runs till 31/8 and I think the voucher lasts a while longer. Amazon even mucked it up when I contacted them asking for a link an gave me a second one!)

Edited by sammy_zammy

Personally I was planning to put the wicked witch of the west in diagon alley, but putting Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast in there will be even better. Also need to find a Vutruvius somewhere and need to modify the 2 cmf wizards. Might even throw in Doctor strange. I hope we'll get Sword in the Stone figures now for a potential Disney cmf series 3.

This thread has more pages than the first three Harry Potter books, and it's closing in on being as long as the Half Blood Prince.

46 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Oh dear, quite keen for Rise of Voldemort and Beauxbatons Carriage also... best get saving!

They are great sets so I would hate for you to miss out on them! Hope you can get them. ?

3 hours ago, dyl-and said:

What's wrong with Neville?

Look at Neville in this official group shot for the CMF (they forgot to delete a layer in Photoshop)

lego-71028-harry-potter-minifiguren-seri

@Azani just posted on IG saying the retail price of DA will be $399.99 USD, not $350 as we had (optimistically) hoped. Oh well :shrug_confused:

Edited by YetiZombie

I’m once again late to the party... most of what I have to say has already been said: the set is huge, ambitious, and well designed in terms of the ‘modular’ layout and features such as the alley overpass and all the different staircases and window designs. The details of the book shop and WWW especially look promising. I’m sure full res images will do the set justice when we can see the details and all those stickers closer in proper context. 

But also I am feeling bitter-sweet about the figures and some of the choices made such as the seemingly dominating QQS and the almost ‘empty’ interior for that building in particular.

The box should definitely have been more horizontal in proportion, and they did themselves disservice by putting WWW & Fred and George in the far back of the street: I would have separated it and put it in the foreground opposite Olivanders. A simple change like that as well as putting outside some of the small builds would make the whole scene shown look much more full and lively and shown off properly one of the stand-out buildings of the set. 

I am highly doubtful this will be our only Lucius or Lockheart, they could still both get a quick ‘upgrade’ in a CMF and satisfy all our wants for new moulds and prints 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is GWP exactly? I keep seeing it from page to page.

Gift with purchase, LEGO sometimes includes a freebie if you spend enough

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What is GWP exactly? I keep seeing it from page to page.

Gift With Purchase 

Just now, Yope said:

Gift with purchase, LEGO sometimes includes a freebie if you spend enough

ah beat me to it

Given that a lot of us seem to be slightly underwhelmed by the minifigure count, how many would people have been satisfied with?

For me just 2 more would have been fine, if say Arthur and Percy had been included then I would have been very happy.  Rita Skeeter and Mundungus Fletcher would have been great but a bit of a long shot, more likely (and less interesting) would have been some more students in WWW.

5 minutes ago, Yope said:

Given that a lot of us seem to be slightly underwhelmed by the minifigure count, how many would people have been satisfied with?

For me just 2 more would have been fine, if say Arthur and Percy had been included then I would have been very happy.  Rita Skeeter and Mundungus Fletcher would have been great but a bit of a long shot, more likely (and less interesting) would have been some more students in WWW.

16 is plausible..

Do they include 2 minifigs for any GWP they give or mostly just 1? 

6 minutes ago, Yope said:

While I would definetely have liked to get 2 or 3 more figures the thing that really disappoints me is (once again) the lack of skirtprinting for Molly, the awfull face reuse for Lucius and the lack of legprinting for Lockhart

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

While I would definetely have liked to get 2 or 3 more figures the thing that really disappoints me is (once again) the lack of skirtprinting for Molly, the awfull face reuse for Lucius and the lack of legprinting for Lockhart

Wait where did you see the Lucius head in hd? I've only heard speculation that it was a reuse of the Bruce Wayne face but no real evidence to back that up yet.

i think if two more figures were included like Arthur or hell, even just a generic witch/wizard i’d be completely satisfied, but i’m still gonna buy it day one lol

3 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Wait where did you see the Lucius head in hd? I've only heard speculation that it was a reuse of the Bruce Wayne face but no real evidence to back that up yet.

If you enhance the picture a bit you can clearly see the face and it's definetely the head they use for Bruce Wayne, Eli Mills and pretty much 90% of all Star Wars officers. I wouldn't have bothered if it fit Lucius but it doesn't

Does anyone know what technique they’re using for the street? It’s not very long but looks great from the box. Wonder what the easiest way to extend it will be.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you enhance the picture a bit you can clearly see the face and it's definetely the head they use for Bruce Wayne, Eli Mills and pretty much 90% of all Star Wars officers. I wouldn't have bothered if it fit Lucius but it doesn't

Honestly, even though I would've wished for a better/new face print, it's not THAT bad IMO. His eyebrows are actually black in the film, which I was shocked to find out when I looked it up. I personally don't think the face on the old figure suits him much better either.

That being said, I'm still holding out hope for an improved face print in a future set where one side has the Death Eater mask.

If I was to add two more figures (which this set does need) it would be Arthur and a shopkeeper for QQS.

Mundungus Fletcher was on my list for the DA set from the beginning but after seeing the final product I think he would go very well with a a stand alone Borgin and Burkes set

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh, that is incredibly disappointing indeed. Lucius is by far my most anticipated character this set and I really hoped he would have a unique face... 

I think it's inexcusable that Arthur was left out, especially since it includes Molly and Lucius. I think any more figures beyond that though would've been wishful thinking, given the theme/scene of the set.

However, my biggest gripe with the minfigures is the fact that the trio are all wearing the same torso. We've come to expect each member of the trio to have a different print in this new wave (except for the Great Hall, which is understandable). In the DA scene they're trying to depict, the kids are visibly wearing different outfits underneath their robes. For example - Ron's wearing his R sweater. It would've been amazing to get those prints to make each figure unique, and it seems like a big missed opportunity to me.

I feel they definitely cheaped out on the minifigures, which is a shame because the actual set is so amazing (as far as we know). Luckily CMF 2 is coming out so I’m not too concerned but yea would have been cool for some people here to have gotten what they wanted.

1 hour ago, YetiZombie said:

@Azani just posted on IG saying the retail price of DA will be $399.99 USD, not $350 as we had (optimistically) hoped. Oh well :shrug_confused:

Aha, in this case, I regret to say that that is correct. I had understood from one of my sources that the price would remain set at $349.99 US, but apparently something changed along the line and TLG decided to increase the MSRP. Still a spectacular kit, still more (much more) than worth the cost, but not ideal. Heck, the PpP is still out of this world for a licensed kit, but then again, 71043 was much better.

I had also suspected an October release date, but September is looking more and more likely by the day. :)

I posted a dozen photos on Instagram, but more are coming out by the day, so keep searching. And keep checking https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/75978.

Edited by Azani