Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Werewolf Lupin with Padfoot would definitely be an ideal bag for me

Wow now I've never wanted something more than this :laugh_hard::cry2:

We can only keep our fingers crossed for series 3 (and since this theme definitely has enough mileage to go another two years at least, I’m pretty optimistic about that). Werewolf Lupin with Padfoot would definitely be an ideal bag for me, and I hope we get Trevor as well eventually - after all, they’ve remade the owl, spider, and rat molds, the frog/toad mold is due for an update too. 

I really really hope we got a proper Werewolf Lupin! It would be different to the other Werewolf figures they've made as most of those have been wearing clothes, even the Chima wolf figures whereas I imagine a proper Werewolf figure with fur printing like wookies and moroff from Star Wars, as well as printed grey faun legs and a tail. 

Also I finally bit the bullet today and bought three copies of the Hogwarts Students pack and a Room of Requirement set so I would still get free postage! Very excited about these as between them that means I'll have 15 more students to join my Hogwarts Castle and fill up the Great Hall. Also I love customising Harry Potter side characters so I'm hoping to use the pieces from the students pack to create the Patil Twins, Ernie Macmillian, Blaise Zabini and Cormac Maclaggan

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also I finally bit the bullet today and bought three copies of the Hogwarts Students pack and a Room of Requirement set so I would still get free postage! Very excited about these as between them that means I'll have 15 more students to join my Hogwarts Castle and fill up the Great Hall. Also I love customising Harry Potter side characters so I'm hoping to use the pieces from the students pack to create the Patil Twins, Ernie Macmillian, Blaise Zabini and Cormac Maclaggan

Sounds fun! The real question is are you doing book!Padma or movie!Padma?

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

We can only keep our fingers crossed for series 3 (and since this theme definitely has enough mileage to go another two years at least, I’m pretty optimistic about that). Werewolf Lupin with Padfoot would definitely be an ideal bag for me, and I hope we get Trevor as well eventually - after all, they’ve remade the owl, spider, and rat molds, the frog/toad mold is due for an update too. 

Definetely hope they update those in the future but regarding your examples I'd say it's important to take in mind the spider and rat molds were all introduced before HP.

Oh man, Assembly Square is in stock on Lego.com currently. I kind of wanted to use that one as my connection to DA, but it’s hard to commit without knowing the structure of the DA set. 

How amazing would it be to have a modular Leaky Cauldron that leads into DA :drool:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely hope they update those in the future but regarding your examples I'd say it's important to take in mind the spider and rat molds were all introduced before HP.

The rat mold was done the same year as the Harry Potter theme rebooted though, so even if appeared in a City set first it was almost certainly done with Harry Potter in mind. And I’m really I’m also kind of speaking in a broader sense here, the older small animals in general just don’t fit lego’s current aesthetic - the owl, cat, dog, spider, and rat have all been redone since the early-mid 2000s at least, so the frog and bat are both due for updating to match (and I suppose you could make arguments about the parrot needing an update as well)

The rat mold was done the same year as the Harry Potter theme rebooted though, so even if appeared in a City set first it was almost certainly done with Harry Potter in mind. 

Oh yeah, just checked Brickset. For some reason I thought the City Arctic stuff came out in 2017, my bad :tongue:

36 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Sounds fun! The real question is are you doing book!Padma or movie!Padma?

I'm actually not sure yet! I'm going to use the Cho Chang heads from the packs but with different hairpieces so I guess it will depend on whether Padma looks different enough from Cho even if they both have Ravenclaw torsos. If Cho and Padma look too similar I'll probably use a Gryffindor torso for Padma just so she and Parvati look like they did in the films. 

From what I remember there's a thread on here for Harry Potter customs, I'll put what I make on there once I get the packs

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Oh yeah, just checked Brickset. For some reason I thought the City Arctic stuff came out in 2017, my bad :tongue:

I remember thinking it was quite lame for a City Arctic set to just revolve around thawing out a frozen rat :laugh:. The other two sets were great though, introducing a sabre tooth and a mammoth is lego animals. That being said I much prefer it when moulded or brick-built animals have articulated legs rather than just being one great big block like the Lego Dewback and Mammoth. Hopefully if we ever get a Zouwu it will have proper articulation (which is sadly even less likely than a moulded basilisk) 

14 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

From what I remember there's a thread on here for Harry Potter customs, I'll put what I make on there once I get the packs

Just been in that thread and something I’m wondering, on the first page is the Moody hairpiece in Reddish brown, where is that from? It’s available on BL but it doesn’t say it’s from a figure so I’m rather confused ?

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Just been in that thread and something I’m wondering, on the first page is the Moody hairpiece in Reddish brown, where is that from? It’s available on BL but it doesn’t say it’s from a figure so I’m rather confused ?

Wasn't it in the Lego Store build-a-minifig stations a while ago?

13 minutes ago, mscott71 said:

Wasn't it in the Lego Store build-a-minifig stations a while ago?

Yep. That’s where it was introduced. 

Yep. That’s where it was introduced. 

Ahaaa, that’s why BL doesn’t have it included in a minifigure, hmm, are there many BAM exclusive pieces?

i was going to get one for Sirius but it’s too light ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

so I'm hoping to use the pieces from the students pack to create the Patil Twins

Just wanted to be sure, but are you aware that the Patil twins are in this year's advent calendar? Or do you just want make variants wearing the school uniform?

Brickshop.eu has the CMF listed for August 7, but they only list the individual blind bags, which doesn't do me much good.  Any idea whether they usually offer full boxes at a later point?

Edited by RogueTwo

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ahaaa, that’s why BL doesn’t have it included in a minifigure, hmm, are there many BAM exclusive pieces?

There’s been a number of all kinds of parts recently. Over in Special there’s a Exclusive Parts Index thread & the BaM thread has them scattered about. 

Edited by Vindicare

2 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

There are actually a decent number of BAM exclusive parts, although they’re all recolors/exclusive prints/recolors+exclusive prints. There’s a whole thread where people post the BAM exclusive pieces they find (or just rare pieces that become available in the BAM towers). 

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Brickshop.eu has the CMF listed for August 7, but they only list the individual blind bags, which doesn't do me much good.  Any idea whether they usually offer full boxes at a later point?

Individual bags and boxes always get sold at the same time. But you're pretty late on the Brickshop news, we've known that for months now :wink:

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I actually hope the fog mould stays, I am quite fond of it and it has been used in this theme already, plus I have got some extras in more colours to add to my sets. What they could do is create a distinct ‘large toad’ mould, and the two could be used simultaneously (much like we now have a rat and distinct mouse mould, although it was only made once)

The bat and parrot need an upgrade however, they are rather statueish and a new parrot (or several species of parrot) could look marvellous with modern dual moulding and printing capabilities 

Edited by Bugbot20082

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

(and I suppose you could make arguments about the parrot needing an update as well)

The parrot have gotten a updated mould some year ago :wink:

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

I actually hope the fog mould stays, I am quite fond of it and it has been used in this theme already, plus I have got some extras in more colours to add to my sets. What they could do is create a distinct ‘large toad’ mould, and the two could be used simultaneously (much like we now have a rat and distinct mouse mould, although it was only made once)

The designers seem to be very fond of the frog as well, since it pop up all over the place, unlike most other animals :shrug_oh_well:

I’m also disappointed with only 1 animal this wave (although it is a fantastic one), it seems like a missed opertunuty not to do Marge and Ripper for example for this year, it looked like all the ducks were lined up in a row for it:

-they recently made a bulldog for city, and therefore it would only be a recolour and therefore would be a cheaper figure to produce (like Lilly, James & the trio)

-4 Privet Drive is on the shelves already therefore you have the incentive to get the other after you get one as they go together 

42 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The parrot have gotten a updated mould some year ago :wink:

Isn’t that the same mould as in the 90s, just with a marbled effect? :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

[...] it seems like a missed opertunuty not to do Marge and Ripper for example for this year, it looked like all the ducks were lined up in a row for it: [...]

Seems like another candidate for a third series :laugh: While I would’ve liked their inclusion, I wouldn’t want Marge & Ropper to replace any of the characters we ended up getting 

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that the same mould as in the 90s, just with a marbled effect? :laugh:

Nope it's quite a similar shape, but with smoother curves all around. A completely reinvented parrot mould would be nice though, perhaps one with wings spread like Hedwig.

20 hours ago, Nerks said:

Hi Guys - Out of the topic for DA.. just want to ask.. how do you usually display your CMF for hp? It's quite a lot now since 2018 even more if you have the older series..

I turned the minifigure frame gift with purchase into a kinda 2-D Hogwarts to display mine.

I'm currently working on designing two more elaborate frames to replace this one when I get the new CMFs. For now I will just get another of the same frame, but I also think the new frames from the LEGO Art theme could be a good fit, so I might explore those in the future.

Edited by droobles
Spelling correction