Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

I just watched the LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom gameplay demo with Eiji Aonuma, and I am almost convinced we are definitely going to be getting LEGO sets based on this game. Link has a new power specifically for the purpose of building useful items out of components he finds.

10 hours ago, Karalora said:

I just watched the LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom gameplay demo with Eiji Aonuma, and I am almost convinced we are definitely going to be getting LEGO sets based on this game. Link has a new power specifically for the purpose of building useful items out of components he finds.

Lego and specially this aspect of Tears of the Kingdom is one of the most natural fits I think I’ve ever seen aside from maybe Lego Minecraft

…but Lego is still gonna miss the boat and give it to use years late if we even get it at all.

Edited by Portal Out

14 hours ago, Karalora said:

It would work so well. I don't know if it's going to be a priority for Lego (they have a lot of other themes) but I imagine they must have at least thought about it.

It would also combine a demand for two big things, Zelda and a new Historic / kingdom / fantasy Lego theme... I mean what gives.

Edited by kevkipo

On 4/2/2023 at 4:39 PM, kevkipo said:

It would also combine a demand for two big things, Zelda and a new Historic / kingdom / fantasy Lego theme... I mean what gives.

Well they do have LotR for that latter category now, though time will tell if they plan on doing much with it. That said, I do think there's room for both. LotR is pretty much the western fantasy world played straight (in large part because it kick started modern fantasy), whereas Zelda is more a blend of western and Japanese fantasy concepts. Zelda also changes technology levels and settings a lot game-to-game, which could help too.

New Zelda trailer has got me thinking about this again. It does look like this game will have more things easily translated into a set than BotW.

Maybe we'll get more stuff if the Deku tree does well, maybe not though. I mean I think the tallneck did well but I doubt they make much more from horizon ( but who knows)

One thing I wonder about if we ever get a full line of Botw/TotK (or just Zelda in general) sets is how they would handle minifigures for the non-human races. I think most of the Rito and Zora could just be normal minifigures, but even then some of them like Sidon are probably too big to be a regular minifigure. And Gorons are obviously completely different, I think they'd pretty much have to get a new mold, or at bare minimum a new head mold and a back attachment to make them more rounded. I hope they do make them at some point (and find a good way to do it) because having more fantasy races in Lego would be great. 

I think an acceptable Sidon minifig could be achieved with Avatar-style extra-long legs to give him that height. His game model is about twice the height of Link's, but LEGO doesn't need to be that proportionally accurate.

Gorons would need a new body mold though, yeah. Maybe even hinged in a way that they could curl up and roll!

Edited by Karalora

On 4/15/2023 at 5:01 PM, Meadius said:

One thing I wonder about if we ever get a full line of Botw/TotK (or just Zelda in general) sets is how they would handle minifigures for the non-human races. I think most of the Rito and Zora could just be normal minifigures, but even then some of them like Sidon are probably too big to be a regular minifigure. And Gorons are obviously completely different, I think they'd pretty much have to get a new mold, or at bare minimum a new head mold and a back attachment to make them more rounded. I hope they do make them at some point (and find a good way to do it) because having more fantasy races in Lego would be great. 

I think the new Dr Eggman perfectly displays how you can combine existing minifigure parts with new moulds for bodies / heads etc. Sidon and the Gorons would greatly benefit from something like that. I think it can defenitely be done in an appealing way, most characters in BOTW are very humanoid in appearance.

As for the Deku tree, anyone else feeling doubt about it's existence suddenly? For all the leaks that happened to coincide with it, none have actually been revealed as of yet right? Snow White, Maleficent, Simba, X-mansion... we've seen none of them so far?

2 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

I think the new Dr Eggman perfectly displays how you can combine existing minifigure parts with new moulds for bodies / heads etc. Sidon and the Gorons would greatly benefit from something like that. I think it can defenitely be done in an appealing way, most characters in BOTW are very humanoid in appearance.

As for the Deku tree, anyone else feeling doubt about it's existence suddenly? For all the leaks that happened to coincide with it, none have actually been revealed as of yet right? Snow White, Maleficent, Simba, X-mansion... we've seen none of them so far?

If there are any leakers around with more information feel free to add on/correct me, but I think the general consensus was that most of those leaks were for sets not releasing anytime soon. A lot of them looked pretty unfinished, so I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of them are planned for 2024. Zelda has been one of the most requested Lego themes for over 10 years, so I don't think they'd get that far into planning and then just drop it unless they ran into serious issues. 

19 hours ago, Meadius said:

If there are any leakers around with more information feel free to add on/correct me, but I think the general consensus was that most of those leaks were for sets not releasing anytime soon. A lot of them looked pretty unfinished, so I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of them are planned for 2024. Zelda has been one of the most requested Lego themes for over 10 years, so I don't think they'd get that far into planning and then just drop it unless they ran into serious issues. 

I wouldn't expect any of those sets until at least 2024, if they release. 

20 hours ago, kevkipo said:

As for the Deku tree, anyone else feeling doubt about its existence suddenly? For all the leaks that happened to coincide with it, none have actually been revealed as of yet right? Snow White, Maleficent, Simba, X-mansion... we've seen none of them so far?

I will admit, it’s a little suspicious that not a single set from that leak has even been rumored almost three months later.

There’s a decent chance that this just means they’re all coming in 2024 and beyond, but it really feels like they’d want to release the at least the Sail Barge this year to coincide with the Return of the Jedi anniversary, the Snow White cottage to go along with all the other Disney 100 releases, and the X-Mansion alongside X-Men ‘97.

The Deku Tree in particular had the type of renders we see on the Lego website (compared to the preliminary shots from some of the others), all the prints were designed, there was a description of the interior, and it generally looked ready to go.

it almost makes me a bit worried that some of these sets got cancelled/replaced. We’ve already got a  Venator rumored in place of the Sail Barge, the villains books released at the same price as the Maleficent Dragon, and the Ariel shell released at the same price as the Snow White Cottage (with that set’s evil queen fig appearing in the book set too)

22 hours ago, Meadius said:

My dread is that the leak itself was deemed a "serious issue."

6 hours ago, Portal Out said:

I will admit, it’s a little suspicious that not a single set from that leak has even been rumored almost three months later.

There’s a decent chance that this just means they’re all coming in 2024 and beyond, but it really feels like they’d want to release the at least the Sail Barge this year to coincide with the Return of the Jedi anniversary, the Snow White cottage to go along with all the other Disney 100 releases, and the X-Mansion alongside X-Men ‘97.

The Deku Tree in particular had the type of renders we see on the Lego website (compared to the preliminary shots from some of the others), all the prints were designed, there was a description of the interior, and it generally looked ready to go.

it almost makes me a bit worried that some of these sets got cancelled/replaced. We’ve already got a  Venator rumored in place of the Sail Barge, the villains books released at the same price as the Maleficent Dragon, and the Ariel shell released at the same price as the Snow White Cottage (with that set’s evil queen fig appearing in the book set too)

Do we know what demographic even got the surveys? I wonder if responses weren't what Lego was looking for in order to produce the sets, like not enough said they were willing to pay the listing price for the Deku Tree set so Lego doesn't see it as a viable product.

Then again, 2024 is a ways away and no news doesn't necessarily mean cancelled.

This Mr Oz fellow from Dreamzzs seems to have a hairpiece that would be absolutely fantastic for Reinhardt...

Yeah, based on what we have been hearing I wouldn't get too worried until 2024. If we still have heard nothing by summer that'd probably be a bad sign.

18 hours ago, Portal Out said:

That's exactly what I mean, the leaks perfectly coincided with several occassions this year, Disney 100, X-Men '97, Return of the Jedi, Tears of the Kingdom etc. At least a few of them could have been expected this year. If released next year, the Deku tree set will still sell, of course, but what does it coincide with? I agree with the sentiment to at least wait until 2024 before worrying, but still, it's all a bit suspicious.

Hi,

Any chance we'll see anything on may 12th? It could be like the eye of saruman tower, where it's in the survey but Riverdale released first? So perhaps a different LoZ set will release this year? Maybe one directly tied into tears of the kingdom??

-J.T.i.m.G

19 hours ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Any chance we'll see anything on may 12th? 

I doubt it, but it's not far off now, let's wait and see.

19 hours ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

It could be like the eye of saruman tower, where it's in the survey but Riverdale released first? So perhaps a different LoZ set will release this year? Maybe one directly tied into tears of the kingdom??

I think the Disney 100 sets might be a better example, because they did't tend to do minifigure sets for the classic animated movies, but they are now and we heard about the now said to be 2024 ones first. 

Also look at the tall neck, though it is marketed as a forbidden west set, there is nothing in that set that isn't from zero dawn, they just wanted to market it for the new game.

I think another Legend of Zelda set before the Deku tree is possible but we have no reason to expect anything. 

P.S.(Barad-dûr was the dark tower in the survey leak and is Sauron's tower not Saruman's)

On 5/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

Any chance we'll see anything on may 12th? It could be like the eye of saruman tower, where it's in the survey but Riverdale released first? So perhaps a different LoZ set will release this year? Maybe one directly tied into tears of the kingdom??

-J.T.i.m.G

That’s tomorrow! What’s LEGO going to reveal tomorrow?

33 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

That’s tomorrow! What’s LEGO going to reveal tomorrow?

@Jason Todd is my God didn't say they were revealing anything. He simply asked if it was possible they would reveal something. I hope this answers your question, @MatthewRC.

I any case, I'm firmly in the camp that the rumored LoZ set (or sets) is for 2024, if we even ever get it. Same goes for the Eye of Sauron.

Edited by Murdoch17

12 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I any case, I'm firmly in the camp that the rumored LoZ set (or sets) is for 2024, if we even ever get it. Same goes for the Eye of Sauron.

Exactly. None of the sets from the survey leak are released this year, not even the Disney ones. I hope none of them will be cancelled, but the Zelda set is definitely the one I‘m looking forward to the most :sweet:

Hi,

Yes, sorry for any confusion @MatthewRC😅 I just thought that as it was TotK release day on the 12th (today) that it'd be an opportune time for a Lego Zelda announcement . I didn't know that they would I was just asking here if others thought it might be possible 🤔

And yes I've heard that the survey sets are all 2024, but for all we know the Deku tree might not be out first Zelda set 🤔.

The lord of the rings tower set might've been a poor example? But another one would be that Gotham skyline, it could've been our first non-batvehicle DC D2C ( well first in a while, Arkham happened as the the TLBM joker manor) but it's been said that we are getting a Batcave first despite that we've seen the Gotham skyline. ...

So I thought maybe the same could happen here, 🙂 as now would have been a logical time to announce or launch a Zelda theme.

I know leakers haven't said as much but they aren't omniscient!!!, they just know information before they are supposed to and sometimes share that information. We have been blindsided by unknown sets before!!

But ... It's a bit late in the day for any announcements now, so I'll succeed that we probably won't get anything till the Deku tree 😔

-J.T.i.m.G