Captain Nemo

LEGO Videogame Tie-Ins - Rumors & Discussion

More and more info seems to point out to Fortnite 27.00 being a big LEGO focused update. 

This season (v25.30) ends next week so the next update likely is 26.00.

Also other rumours seem to point out Chapter 5 (november 30 2023) is  version 28.00, so this LEGO update could come sometime within this next season, but before December.

Also makes sense to be it's own standalone update, as it's much more then just Battle Royale, with creative map(s) (or even it's seperate "Game Mode") being related to this LEGO crossover.

This all follows the big announcement from last year The LEGO Group and Epic Games Team Up to Build a Place for Kids to Play in the Metaverse

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/the-lego-group-and-epic-games-team-up-to-build-a-place-for-kids-to-play-in-the-metaverse

https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/aboutus/news/2022/april/the-lego-group-and-epic-games-team-up-to-build-a-place-for-kids-to-play-in-the-metaverse

Edited by TeriXeri

Has anyone else seen the blurry leaked picture of the rumored Tremortusk set from the Horizon Forbidden West line? I must say it's very disappointing to see them doing that and not a Thunderjaw, the rummored 400€ price tag is crazy too so I'm predicting this will be sitting on shelves for a while.

It's a shame because TLG could've had something going with affordable 80-100€ Horizon and other Playstation game sets, speaking of which it's kind of unbelievable there's no Uncharted sets, I won't even mention The Last of Us or God of War since TLG would probably deem those too mature for us adult collectors.

1 hour ago, _R_R_ said:

Has anyone else seen the blurry leaked picture of the rumored Tremortusk set from the Horizon Forbidden West line? I must say it's very disappointing to see them doing that and not a Thunderjaw, the rummored 400€ price tag is crazy too so I'm predicting this will be sitting on shelves for a while.

it's kind of unbelievable there's no Uncharted sets, 

Yeah I’ve seen it and I can see it happening. I remember everyone doubted the Overwatch 2 set leak and I was confident that it looked too professional to be fan made. This one could definitely be faked but I can’t see any mocks that look like it. Where did you see the $400 price mentioned? 

I would love an uncharted set and I believe Lego is now just waking up to the potential of video games. I don’t play the game much anymore but I would also love a set based off of destiny. 

11 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

Yeah I’ve seen it and I can see it happening. I remember everyone doubted the Overwatch 2 set leak and I was confident that it looked too professional to be fan made. This one could definitely be faked but I can’t see any mocks that look like it. Where did you see the $400 price mentioned? 

I would love an uncharted set and I believe Lego is now just waking up to the potential of video games. I don’t play the game much anymore but I would also love a set based off of destiny. 

It was in one of the many Facebook groups I'm part of but I think it was actually a 300€ price tag, still expensive in my opinion. Someone also said 3000-4000 piece count but we'll see. I think Tallneck was a perfect set for the piece count and price so if this set is in fact real I don't like the new direction they're taking with these Horizon/video game sets.

Uncharted would be amazing, so many beautiful locations and set pieces in those games and other Playstation games have a lot of material TLG could work with. Sadly a lot of those games have more mature themes but then again they did make a Stranger Things set not long ago.

The picture looks pretty good to me. There looks like a very blurry Aloy minifigure on the base.

But people are pretty good at edits, and it's really convenient that the name of the set, the piece count etc, are all too blurry to read (since those could have been photoshopped from other sets. Also kinda of weird that not many accounts have posted it.

I'm skeptical to avoid disappointment, but I hope it's legit cause it seems like a real cool set and I loved the last one!

1 hour ago, HatBricks said:

The picture looks pretty good to me. There looks like a very blurry Aloy minifigure on the base.

But people are pretty good at edits, and it's really convenient that the name of the set, the piece count etc, are all too blurry to read (since those could have been photoshopped from other sets. Also kinda of weird that not many accounts have posted it.

I'm skeptical to avoid disappointment, but I hope it's legit cause it seems like a real cool set and I loved the last one!

When the Overwatch 2 set leaked barely anyone posted it and very reliable people said that they believed it was fake

To switch the subject: Did anyone notice that Final Fantasy projects are now allowed on LEGO Ideas? If I remember correctly, Final Fantasy used to be banned from LEGO Ideas.

23 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

To switch the subject: Did anyone notice that Final Fantasy projects are now allowed on LEGO Ideas? If I remember correctly, Final Fantasy used to be banned from LEGO Ideas.

I don't know if they were previously banned, but either way that is pretty interesting (and personally exciting for me). Given how weird SquareEnix is about using their IP I'm not sure that a Lego Final Fantasy set (let alone theme) is particularly likely, but I think it could definitely sell pretty well if handled right. One of the most iconic moments of Final Fantasy VII (itself one of the most famous games ever) has the main character riding a motorcycle; I'm sure Lego would be all over that. 

They definitely used to be banned. I still have saved that old google doc that featured a list of allowed and band IPs. Something mad them change there mind. I recall a couple months ago the official Final Fantasy VII twitter account ran a contest that involved a MOC from seven.

I think Horizon was always banned too, so maybe making that caused them to rethink things.

16 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

This one could definitely be faked but I can’t see any mocks that look like it. 

It could be AI for all we know! BTW, I suspect that this will become a problem in the coming years; AI is already capable of generating images that look LEGO-ish, and adding a blurry filter or compressing the image would be enough to hide the jankiness of AI art. 

The original image of the Tremortusk on Instagram is no longer there. No idea if the person who posted it deleted the image, or if it was taken down.

Now, take it with a huge grain of salt, but the website that just posted the 2024 Ninjago and Harry Potter set descriptions heard rumours that the Tremortusk is coming — 76985 with 4027 pieces for around 320€ and one minifigure.

Furthermore, they heard about even more sets — 76986, 76987, and 76988. The first one would be based on Aloy's first flight, while the second would incorporate one of the Gauntlet Runs. 

Releasing other sets to accompany a 320€ one would make a lot of sense. I wouldn't get too excited until we hear more from reliable, established sources or retailers tho. 

The Harry Potter sorting hat seems to be releasing next year, which means we finally have confirmation that at least part of the leaked survey was real!
Now we're finally getting some stock on that Deku Tree leak, I still hope it's coming rather soon!!

31 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

The Harry Potter sorting hat seems to be releasing next year, which means we finally have confirmation that at least part of the leaked survey was real!
Now we're finally getting some stock on that Deku Tree leak, I still hope it's coming rather soon!!

Same here, really hoping it did not end up getting cancelled. It makes way too much sense to a Lego Zelda set with how popular the series is right now and it's enduring legacy on IDEAS, plus Lego and Nintendo already working together for the Mario sets. 

Lego needs to amp up their game on Nintendo licenses in general, them skipping over the Mario Movie while having both Illumination AND Nintendo licenses is still insane to me...

Update on the Tremortusk, Brickclicker mentions it in a video saying that the image is probably fake. You never know for sure, but he has a very strong track record, so I'm inclined to believe him.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:02 PM, HatBricks said:

Update on the Tremortusk, Brickclicker mentions it in a video saying that the image is probably fake. You never know for sure, but he has a very strong track record, so I'm inclined to believe him.

The image is fake but the set could still be real then? I haven't seen many reports on it either way but Tallneck did sell well according to insiders so I'm sure another Horizon set is coming at some point I just hope that we get more Playstation themes at some point too.

8 hours ago, _R_R_ said:

The image is fake but the set could still be real then? I haven't seen many reports on it either way but Tallneck did sell well according to insiders so I'm sure another Horizon set is coming at some point I just hope that we get more Playstation themes at some point too.

I think it’s more likely that we’d get another curveball one off PlayStation set rather than just another  Horizon animal.

The consensus (at least among fans) is that the Tallneck sold well because it was unique and reasonably priced, and a $350 Tremortusk might just prove that Lego learned the wrong lesson from the Tallneck’s success.

12 hours ago, Portal Out said:

I think it’s more likely that we’d get another curveball one off PlayStation set rather than just another  Horizon animal.

The consensus (at least among fans) is that the Tallneck sold well because it was unique and reasonably priced, and a $350 Tremortusk might just prove that Lego learned the wrong lesson from the Tallneck’s success.

100% agree! I would actually prefer another 90€ curveball Playstation set based off Uncharted or another IP like The Last Of Us (which is highly unlikely) than a 300€ Horizon set but unfortunately I think the latter is more likely to happen. It's a shame because Tallneck was such a breath of fresh air, an amazing build for such a great price it seemed like TLG was finally learning that Adult ≠ Expensive but oh well.

Talking about Zelda again and...

Spoiler

having visited Korok Forest and the Great Deku tree now in TotK, and other than the mist (which is dispelled anyway) changing the colour pallet, the only thing they'd need to add for the leaked build to also work for TotK is some gloom and a Phantom Ganon minifig ( and perhaps a TotK Link as well).

LEGO x Fortnite, or something else? 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

What do we make of this? I am thinking Fortnite, but these are not existing skins (that I can find, at least), and I am curious about why all of the characters have the same silver oval belt buckles. 🤔

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

LEGO x Fortnite, or something else? 

It’s meant to be the children from the short film Lego made. All we can do is keep praying for some new info when the in game collab happens. 

2 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

It’s meant to be the children from the short film Lego made. All we can do is keep praying for some new info when the in game collab happens. 

Nice catch! Since the children’s costumes are not exactly like the Minifig designs, I do suspect that we will be getting them physically at some point. 
Video Link (Minifigs appear at 5:15). 

The rumors of an Animal Crossing theme combined with my recent fixation on the game Splatoon 3 have had me thinking about the possibility of Splatoon Lego sets. It's one of Nintendo's newer franchises (compared to decades-old ones like Zelda or Mario), but it's very popular worldwide.

Positive aspects of the franchise that I think would lend themselves well to Lego included plenty of unique settings and worldbuilding, colorful, customizable characters, and a distinctly cartoony, kid-friendly approach compared to other games in the shooter genre. Drawbacks/challenges include that the fluid, ink-based gameplay might be a challenge to adapt neatly to a physical brick-built medium, and the characters' cartoony, non-human proportions potentially being hard to adapt satisfyingly to traditional figure types.

I dunno how likely it'd be overall. I've had little success with my attempts at MOCs relating to the franchise but that might be as much due to my ongoing "builder's block" as anything else. But I'd definitely be interested in a theme like that if Lego could pull it off!