Hey everyone!

First of all Happy New Year to everybody! :laugh:

Here's my last MOC of 2019, a URAL 4320 4x4 Trial Truck. It features:

-working steering with servo motor and adjustable working steering wheel

-4x4 drive with 2 differentials powered by 2 x power functions XL motors, and fed by 2 x 2.0 pf receivers and 2 x lithium battery boxes

-opening doors

-working lights

A couple pictures of the model, more on here: https://www.bricksafe.com/pages/Teo_LEGO_Technic/ural-truck

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

My main goal with this project was to make a robust trial truck with tons of ground clearance and tons of torque and solid steering, while not having anything be at risk of breaking. For this reason I have an XL on each axle, as a 5 x 7 frame with a differential can hold the full torque of one XL without damage to the gears. Extra torque was achieved by using the Unimog portal axles. The truck can stand Sariel's wall test, i.e. when the wheels lock up on a grippy terrain no gears break anywhere. The steering is also precise, with no intermediate gears between the servo motor and the rack and pinion system. It too can handle the full power of the servo without any danger of breakage. The suspension too is robust and meant to operate as smoothly as possible. Putting the battery boxes low down on the sides helps it be as difficult to topple over as possible, bearing in mind how high it is off the ground.

1280x719.jpg

My secondary goal was to emulate the rugged look of Ural trucks, which only look as good as they should when every little curve and angle is modelled like the real thing. This includes the curvature of the front grill, the form of the bonnet, the angled headlight frames, and the subtly angles and tilted front windshield. I'm fairly satisfied with the result, and overall it's a truck I'm pretty happy with. Nothing super fancy, no gearbox, just a solid chassis and a good-looking body. 

Hope you guys enjoyed it!! :wink:

Edited by Teo LEGO Technic

Wow, indeed, that looks like a capable trial truck. And yes, the body came out really well, especially the grill looks fantastic in the gray scale picture. :thumbup:

Say, did you already try the Claas tyres on it? And any chance for a digital model of it? I think I could have most of the chassis parts available for a quick build.

18 hours ago, dpi2000 said:

Ha,Teo,happy new year, I like this truck,bodywork is great,and reliable chassis.;)

Thanks!

3 hours ago, johnnym said:

Wow, indeed, that looks like a capable trial truck. And yes, the body came out really well, especially the grill looks fantastic in the gray scale picture. :thumbup:

Say, did you already try the Claas tyres on it? And any chance for a digital model of it? I think I could have most of the chassis parts available for a quick build.

I don't have the Class tires unfortunately. I can't make a digital model, but I'll try to post lots of pics on brick safe when I take it apart, which should be fairly soon.:classic:

Also I changed the music to royalty free (although Phil Collins will be missed) so that everyone in Canada and America can see it too.

Edited by Teo LEGO Technic