Sign in to follow this  
Collibosher

[MOC] Batmobile from "Batman V Superman"

(This may be my first post, but I've been a member here for couple years)

I recently finally finished this 2016 "Batman vs Superman" -film version of the Batmobile MOC, that I've been building and rebuilding on/off for couple years (Seems to be the case with all my mocs...). It wasn't until Lego released suitable parts and in black, when I finally managed to create right shapes, move along and actually finish this. One of the crucial parts being the little part 6253260 (Beam 1M W/Cross Axle)

I take legal building techniques really seriously and due to the real thing having so complicated design, this model really challenged it. There are couple pieces that are connected in "modular" way, like the front bumper thing with the flaps, but otherwise there should not be any bending of parts (except flex cables) and all the pieces are fully connected with each other. I know the cockpit and the "wings" look suspicious, but there should be enough joints in the right places. 

Oh, and those front wheels don't come in black, so I painted them myself...

48815456116_9e57879595_k.jpg

48815103703_a9404f8e37_k.jpg

48815463646_6885871df5_k.jpg

Functions include; HOG steering (little axle connector behind the roof),  suspension (independent in the front and floating axle in the back) and a rotating "turret" at the front (rotated by a knob in the rear axle. The knob is hidden behind that "rocket boost" -thing) Unfortunately I didn't managed to recreate those "doors" that open like bat wings, so now it's just one removable peace... :sad:  I tried all kinds of building techniques, but all of them were either too fragile or didn't look accurate enough.

48815958242_83b4c08032_k.jpg

I found these blueprints online, where the dimension are based. The scale of the model was to be determined by the right pair of tires, with the correct size difference between front and back and luckily Lego happens to have these two tires that are almost exactly the right size away from each other. Rear tires are a bit too narrow, but if they were wider, in Lego form the "tire covers" would have to be build wider too to fit them and it would make the whole model too wide for the scale.

48818897908_c54e8b9f35_k.jpg

I made this little video too. The images at the end of the video showing the building process are not completely accurate, since I tweaked couple things for the final model.

I really like it, lots of details and plenty of functions, congrats!

Edited by braker23

it may be possible to reverse engineer based on the photos in the video - or do you plan on releasing some instructions

9 minutes ago, nahpets said:

it may be possible to reverse engineer based on the photos in the video - or do you plan on releasing some instructions

They were there basically to just show the construction roughly. I do have more specific instructions -like images and couple "LDD" files too, but I guess the plan was to just use them to remind myself, if I had to take it apart and build again.

17 hours ago, Collibosher said:

(This may be my first post, but I've been a member here for couple years)

I recently finally finished this 2016 "Batman vs Superman" -film version of the Batmobile MOC, that I've been building and rebuilding on/off for couple years (Seems to be the case with all my mocs...). It wasn't until Lego released suitable parts and in black, when I finally managed to create right shapes, move along and actually finish this. One of the crucial parts being the little part 6253260 (Beam 1M W/Cross Axle)

I take legal building techniques really seriously and due to the real thing having so complicated design, this model really challenged it. There are couple pieces that are connected in "modular" way, like the front bumper thing with the flaps, but otherwise there should not be any bending of parts (except flex cables) and all the pieces are fully connected with each other. I know the cockpit and the "wings" look suspicious, but there should be enough joints in the right places.

Looking simply awesome right there... :thumbup: :smug: ...I've always felt the BvS Batmobile was born to be built in Technic rather than System, as it already looks like a Technic set! 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Good job! I prefer to sixties TV series batmobile or the tumbler but you've done well on this one.

H