CHALLENGE IV: Category B: The Royal Elk

"So come take a drink and drown your sorrows
And all of our fears will be gone till tomorrow,
W'all take a pint thus for all it's a win,
Here in the Royal Elk's Inn"

49008923823_2c9f0fd52d_c.jpg

The Royal Elk

Edited by dathil

Oh wow, you did a couple of things here that I would have never thought of!  First, using the inverted plates for texture is great.  I spend so much time trying to hide that texture I never thought of showing it off as an actual pattern.  Secondly, the upside down lamps really work!  They look like they're fixed to brackets rather than hanging now, but it looks good!  I really appreciate the all brown texture here--the varied shades kind of make it all work for me.  Very nice little build, and great job!

The wooden architecture really works good here.  Nice use of the lantern pieces.  The use of different browns is a good choice.  Well done.  

Nice shades of brown, here!

The upside down table looks great, and the rack supporting the keg on the right looks cool. The thick logs representing columns are a great addition too. 

My favorite part, though, is the inside of the cabinet - are those suppose to represent bottles? Or glasses? - They look perfect. 

Congrats on the build, mate!

The crowns do resemble antlers, cool! I kind of hate anti-studs as a texture, to be honest... Another point of criticism: the floor. I think it would have looked better if it were completely dark brown, or completely medium nougat, to provide better contrast to the furniture and walls. The strip of grey is a good step in that direction, though. Also, I really like the barrel rack. :thumbup: Keep it up, mate! 

I like the wooden textures, though as Exetrius mentioned having some contrast in different areas would make it easier to see what's going on.

Good technique to have the table itself upside down so the round brick and dish can be attached as a cup and platter :thumbup: