I spent some time designing midi versions of the rebel fighters (OT). As is usual for me, I didn't start from scratch, and ripped off borrowed ideas from other people:

• x-wing: based on Pasq67's MOC
  • y-wing: based on Tim Goddard's MOC
  • b-wing and a-wing: based on SPARKART!'s MOCs

I had already posted renders for the x-wing and the y-wing, but I finally could build them with real bricks. And now they are accompanied by the b-wing and a-wing. I'm glad to have them out of my system (and on my shelves); I wasted far too much time on these.

48962871637_6da3a1ed25_b.jpg

Edited by Gray_Mouser

They look highly detailed despite the small size!  Though, is the A-Wing truly this small compared to the others?

I notice the improvements on the Y-Wing that you shared in the other topic (the medium blue looks great), but did make any improvements on the other Starfighters?

They look great! 

I second the question, is the A wing supposed to be that small?

I like to think I have improved them all, but you may disagree. But I have made changes, that's for sure.

The a-wing is definitely too small. Also, I shot wide angle, and the a-wing is in the background, so it didn't help either.

I could argue that I've been faithful to the original trilogy by not caring too much about the scale. 😁

Edited by Gray_Mouser

Those are very good builds! Very small but quite accurate. Small builds push Lego building to its limits :sweet:

I love midi scale, wish there was more.  (Especially for capital ships, I'll never have room or money for 10,000 piece monster MOCs)

59 minutes ago, steele said:

I love midi scale, wish there was more.  (Especially for capital ships, I'll never have room or money for 10,000 piece monster MOCs)

Agreed, midi scale needs to come back, especially for large ships