ks6349

Worth getting Lego 60204? (City Hospital)

Anyone has got this set? Is it nice? What attracts me is it looks like having 13 minifigures and a nicely compacted building

I think it's a fantastic set, perhaps even the best LEGO City set I know. From the outside the building looks pretty big. On the inside the space is limited, but the rooms have nice interiors. It comes with many minifigures and they look nice too! The ambulance is a great vehicle. I think the small helicopter is the weak link, but I understand he's there because children like helicopters.

I got mine last year and hope to turn it into a modular building once, when I have some more time.

I agree with Wesley D. The set looks good and is well equipped with accessories. It needs a bit of modding to get more floorspace and realism in, but it is certainly a very good foundation.:classic:

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

I think it's a fantastic set, perhaps even the best LEGO City set I know. From the outside the building looks pretty big. On the inside the space is limited, but the rooms have nice interiors. It comes with many minifigures and they look nice too! The ambulance is a great vehicle. I think the small helicopter is the weak link, but I understand he's there because children like helicopters.

I got mine last year and hope to turn it into a modular building once, when I have some more time.

How much did you get your 60204??

Yes I have it and I think its an awesome set. Let's just say.....its pretty much of the very few sets from 2018 that I have. I also have the heavy cargo transport and some of the arctic sets. 

Edited by pooda

Other than a couple ambulance vans I had nothing medical for my city so I couldn't wait to pick one up. I bought one for regular price and although I liked it a lot it really felt a bit incomplete. So I bought a 2nd one on clearance at walmart for just over 50% off and made it into a modular. I had to use quite a lot of extra bricks but it was worth it. 

16 minutes ago, fordtruckin said:

Other than a couple ambulance vans I had nothing medical for my city so I couldn't wait to pick one up. I bought one for regular price and although I liked it a lot it really felt a bit incomplete. So I bought a 2nd one on clearance at walmart for just over 50% off and made it into a modular. I had to use quite a lot of extra bricks but it was worth it. 

I got mine for half price too. Won it on eBay for $60.00 USD. Free shipping and everything. 

Absolutely. It’s a great build with a lot of interesting bits inside. Easily expandable as well. 

7 hours ago, fordtruckin said:

50% off? How much did you get it finally??

I normally skip the very few LEGO City buildings as they are really boring design wise, but Target.com USA is having a massive sale this week and I got it for $50SD (50% off). Looks fun, tons of figures and three walls.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I normally skip the very few LEGO City buildings as they are really boring design wise, but Target.com USA is having a massive sale this week and I got it for $50SD (50% off). Looks fun, tons of figures and three walls.

The best price ever, if shipping is included. Unfortunately, it's out of stock now.

Edited by ks6349

14 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

The best price ever, if shipping is included. Unfortunately, it's out of stock now.

Shipping was included. I also have their credit card, so I get free shipping anyways and save 5% more.

14 minutes ago, Maple said:

Shipping was included. I also have their credit card, so I get free shipping anyways and save 5% more.

Super awesome price

Yes.
I just watched Jang's review. LOTS of stickers but some cool features like with the X-ray light. Baby, wheelchair, nice ambulance.

18 minutes ago, Maple said:

Yes.
I just watched Jang's review. LOTS of stickers but some cool features like with the X-ray light. Baby, wheelchair, nice ambulance.

I loved the X-Ray light. I also loved the ambulance. Though I ended up putting a vent piece on the front. 

32 minutes ago, pooda said:

I loved the X-Ray light. I also loved the ambulance. Though I ended up putting a vent piece on the front. 

Yeah that was really weird. Like LEGO couldn't spend the half a cent to add that piece. Really weird.  This one will always have a special place in my heart. I regret not getting several more as they were super cheap at TRU one year.
https://brickset.com/sets/7890-1/Ambulance

13 minutes ago, Maple said:

Yeah that was really weird. Like LEGO couldn't spend the half a cent to add that piece. Really weird.  This one will always have a special place in my heart. I regret not getting several more as they were super cheap at TRU one year.
https://brickset.com/sets/7890-1/Ambulance

Oh yes. Those were the days. 

This is quite a "core" to build around for a modular town. My son and I recently completed our hospital complex for our town, adding in an emergency room, ambulance bay, and building a corresponding surgery center connected by a skybridge. Other than the surgery center (which was completely net-new) everything else used the original set to build around. My flikr page has some photos here (sorry, having issues to embed directly for me today)

On 10/28/2019 at 5:24 PM, Dantes1181 said:

This is quite a "core" to build around for a modular town. My son and I recently completed our hospital complex for our town, adding in an emergency room, ambulance bay, and building a corresponding surgery center connected by a skybridge. Other than the surgery center (which was completely net-new) everything else used the original set to build around. My flikr page has some photos here (sorry, having issues to embed directly for me today)

First off, welcome. 
And I love the walkway over the road. I wish there was more of that in LEGO city setups.

I had to snag the hospital. I was very excited when it finally was released. Though I do have to admit that they missed a golden opportunity to revive the Medical subtheme from 2006. 

But eh...what the heck. That's the least of my concerns. I'm glad it was an actual hospital. I think it was worth the $60.00 I paid for it. 

Edited by pooda

2 hours ago, pooda said:

I had to snag the hospital. I was very excited when it finally was released. Though I do have to admit that they missed a golden opportunity to revive the Medical subtheme from 2006. 

But eh...what the heck. That's the least of my concerns. I'm glad it was an actual hospital. I think it was worth the $60.00 I paid for it. 

yea, here in my country exactly $60 too. And it's often out of stock, from the merchant I know well.....