Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[GoC] Watching coffee beans dry...

The WTC had set up a coffee plantation near Quinnsville a while ago, and at the same time an old property nearby had been bought. Originally a small farm from the days of Sir Smaughton, it had been run to seed at some point, mostly reclaimed by the jungle nearby. Luckily that meant it could be bought for cheap by the WTC! Now it had been rebuilt, with a large area to dry the coffee beans.

The local Operator came by for an inspection:

aRuazYV.jpg

.Apparently the first harvest had already been dried and stored in barrels, with a second batch in the process of beeing dried right now. Care had to be given at all time, to keep the beans spread well, without damaging them:

WB6ZsLT.jpg.ouvY20a.jpg

The barrels with the dried coffee beans were transported back to Quinnsville, storing them for use in the near future:

TYTWLSa.jpg

=======================================================================

Licensed as a medium factory by the WTC.

@Ayrlego @Bregir @SilentWolf @Captain Dee : this is my second build for task #7 of the GoC challenge.

Again, nothing fancy in terms of building techniques, with some minor SNOT work for the door. I mostly wanted to get that "almost overrun by jungle, but not quite"-look, which meant some additional base work around the 32x32 plate. Some shots of the full build:

DEATe9A.jpg

iLPARav.jpg

ljXKMGv.jpg

For those curious, here are two shots of the "drying apparatus" and its build:

L4rrovH.jpg.zOttePx.jpg

And of course the buddy with the barrel cart is the one seen in my WTC Offices build - I assumed the WTC would hire him on the spot. :pir-grin:

As always, C&C are welcome and appreciated.

A good build with some nice story. I like the use of Quinnsville lore, and I think you captured the look of the reclaiming of overgrown land with all the greenery. I personally like it when an irregular base is implemented as well. And I must say, you have a lot of those ice cream cone elements!

As an apprentice GoC Reviewer, you have a :thumbup: from me!

Great job MOC'ing that process.

My advice would be to put a grey plate underneath the barrels to hide the tan underground :)

On 10/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

A good build with some nice story. I like the use of Quinnsville lore, and I think you captured the look of the reclaiming of overgrown land with all the greenery. I personally like it when an irregular base is implemented as well. And I must say, you have a lot of those ice cream cone elements!

As an apprentice GoC Reviewer, you have a :thumbup: from me!

Thanks you. There are lots more where those few ice cones came from... :pir-grin:

On 10/24/2019 at 2:39 PM, Maxim I said:

Great job MOC'ing that process.

My advice would be to put a grey plate underneath the barrels to hide the tan underground :)

Thanks. Those "barrels in the sand" where placed like that on purpose, I didn't want to extend the grey pltes into that area. I  understand why it might feel odd though.

Nice coffee production setup. It reminds me of the collab from a while back. The drying racks in particular are clever. Approved :thumbup: for the Glory of Corrington!

5 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Nice coffee production setup. It reminds me of the collab from a while back. The drying racks in particular are clever. Approved :thumbup: for the Glory of Corrington!

Thank you! I'm pretty sure you mean this build, which of course offered some inspiration for mine. :pir-classic: