Kai NRG

Adventure Bound!

Chapter I
Chapter II (you are here)
Chapter III

Captain Edward Argentum, having shaken the moldy rafter dust of the Colonial Council from his feet (see Chapter I), is off to seek his fortune once again in the wide, wide world.  With the usual prejudice of his class, Captain Argentum has a decided dislike toward voyaging in any ship save his own.  Unfortunately, the Filo Morado sank many years ago.  But such trivialities have never been known to deter the renowned Captain.

With a piece of his broken chair to steer with, his cape for a sail, and a crate of nightcaps for King Fernando as ballast, Captain Argentum has set off on the one loose plank that had been saved from the wreckage, bound for adventure!

Adventure%20Bound%20%281%29%20%281280x1020%29.jpg

Adventure%20Bound%20%282%29%20%281242x1280%29.jpg

Another fun little Captain Argentum build, plus a tribute to the Filo Morado (although the artist in me cringes at the out-of-place purple).  Going to try to keep it up, so stay tuned! :pir-grin:

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice little scene indeed, and great to see the good Captain back in action!

Is that a class 0 with firepower 3 there? :pir-grin:

On 10/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, Littleworlds said:

Hilarious premise and execution! Its really a charming little build.:classic:

Thanks! :pir-grin:  One of those wacky things that pops into my head when I'm thinking about wacky characters like the good old Captain. hehe

On 10/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, Bodi said:

Interesting story, and I like the idea of mounting a gun on a raft.:thumbup:

Thanks Bodi!  Last minute inspiration there, you notice I didn't mention it in the story!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, Darnok said:

Nice little scene indeed, and great to see the good Captain back in action!

Is that a class 0 with firepower 3 there? :pir-grin:

Oh boy... I want to do that now... :pir_tong2:

On 10/19/2019 at 3:52 AM, Ross Fisher said:

This is a really fun build. The purple is a bit striking, but it just adds to the silliness. Great stuff!

Thanks Ross!

12 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

I applaud this build as well :laugh: very curious to see how far he'll get on that.. purply thing

Yeah, weather might be an issue but pirates had better watch out 'cause that cannon ain't just for looks! :pir-grin:  

On 10/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, Kai NRG said:

Yeah, weather might be an issue but pirates had better watch out 'cause that cannon ain't just for looks! :pir-grin:  

Lets hope the recoil of that deck gun dont capsize your ... Um ... Err... Vessel.

Fun build the purple is silly but does give you the idea that this is built from salvaged wood.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Lets hope the recoil of that deck gun dont capsize your ... Um ... Err... Vessel.

Fun build the purple is silly but does give you the idea that this is built from salvaged wood.

once you come across the Purple Reign, you won't say that purple is silly :pir-laugh:

@Kai NRG: excellent job with packing so many details in such a small build!

On 10/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

:pir-laugh:  Thanks Roadmonkey!

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

once you come across the Purple Reign, you won't say that purple is silly :pir-laugh:

@Kai NRG: excellent job with packing so many details in such a small build!

Thank you, it was a little tricky getting everything to stay put!

This looks like a fun build, but not exactly a fun situation! It's certainly creative, and I like the color you've used for the water, but I must wonder how that small raft manages to support the weight of a deck gun...

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

This looks like a fun build, but not exactly a fun situation! It's certainly creative, and I like the color you've used for the water, but I must wonder how that small raft manages to support the weight of a deck gun...

Thanks Captain Dee!  :pir-laugh:  You have a point!