Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

AoM: Stables Phase 1 - Frost Elves on Patrol

Previously...

As Yngvi, Erik and Irissa travel in search of their families, Erik learns more and more about the world outside of the village. Irissa's tales of Cyclopean life have aroused his curiosity about the non-human races of Historica. Living in a sheltered Mitgardian village occupied almost entirely by Humans, Erik is keen to learn about the many different civilisations. Yngvi tells him of some Elves he once encountered while fighting with the fyrd.

48394239461_353cee21f5_c.jpg

In the fyrd we called them Frost Elves, although they of course do not refer to themselves thus. After weeks of hard living in the frozen lands, we were tried, haggard and dirty. In contrast Elves always seem to have an ethereal quality and the ones we saw on the road to Dyrøyhamn were no different. Two female warriors, mounted on magnificent Naioths. Their hair shimmered with blue and lavender tints and their white robes were spotless. Equally deadly with bow or sword they are but few in number and generally avoid human contact or conflict.

A AoM stables build. I wanted to use my tauntauns and saw that several others have used them before in Mitgardia - so why not! I used the name Ecclesiastes gave them in this build. Also seemed like a good opportunity to try out those new dark blue leaves from the Stranger Things set. Now I see the new tree house has bright light orange leaves... seems it is a good year for Lego leaves in new colours!!!

The colors here are striking! Well designed color palette.  I like the use of the tauntauns it sets the Elves apart and makes them unique.

The light aqua on the ground is really neat!  Great use of the new dark blue leaves too, they go very well with the purple and lavender!

Very good colour choice and like the transition from the white to the path using the light aqua! And also nice that the hair of the elves are matching the surrounding colours!

Beautiful way to add color to a not so colorful region of the globe.

The snow is great, and I like the fact that your trees are distinct from each other. The pathway is perfectly balanced transitioning from dark tan, to light tan (with a couple acqua) and finally the white snow. 

It's awesome to see the tauntauns (or Naioths) wandering around, and the elves clan is beautifully depicted in this build. Plus, great to see the Stranger Things leaves being put to use in Mitgardia, already. 

Only thing I would do different is the full black background, maybe to something more grey-ish. But I totally understand the choice when the borders are mainly white. 

Awesome build, milord.

Nice build.  The snowscape is great, with all the slopes and the trail through the middle.  The purple and pink trees look good against the snow.  Nice usage of the tuan tuan's for their steeds.  Cool looking figs too.  

Interesting choice to have a bit of an irregular base, but with only very simple blocky steps.
It works well here, and the color choices are exquisite :wub: That tall thin tree technique is one I'm sure to use myself at some point, and I'll have to experience with some light aqua in my landscapes too :thumbup:

What a great use of the tauntaun!  The feel of the entire scene is very coherent and looks great.  The dark blue and purples go great together.  They way you layered the road looks really good, and I'm a little surprised how well the black background works here.  Very nice work!