Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, BEHOLD: The Mighty MAZ 7310 Uragan Cargo Truck, in LEGO! This massive set, which I have designed over the course of two years, stands almost ten inches tall, two feet long, and is comprised of almost 7,000 pieces. I sat at my computer for hours a day, sometimes, surfing the web, looking at blueprints, building, deleting, building some more, etc. And now, finally, I can reveal my masterpiece to the world! Bwa-ha-ha! Okay, anyway, I have designed my set for maximum playability, stuffing it full of all sorts of awesome goodies, like opening hood, doors, tailgate, and utility boxes. A removable roof, folding rear seats, free-spinning wheels (including the steering wheel), two Diesel engine options, a generator, compressor, radiator, Master Mechanic's Toolkit, fuel and water drums, 12v batteries, large cargo container, winch, wide-load flags, roof racks, warning beacon, fog lights, two sets of mirrors, lightbars, and more! (Whew! I'm out of breath!) Now, for the real machine: The MAZ 7310 (Minsk Automobile Plant, in Russian), was a large 8-wheeled Missile Transport truck built in the 1950s and 60s. Soon after, people started using them as cargo trucks, tankers, tow trucks, and airport fire trucks. Alright, that's it! Thank you all for looking at my LEGO creation! If you have any questions, comment, I'll do my best to respond ASAP. Happy building and have a great day!

48375806317_8f907efacc_b_d.jpg48375806227_b999416b64_z_d.jpg48375667791_df894f0894_o_d.png48375667741_70207d83bb_o_d.png48375667616_6a553b9a75_z_d.jpg

Update:

Also, some of you may have noticed that the cab of the real vehicle is slightly longer. This is true, I had to shorten the LEGO version out of necessity, as the extra length could’ve affected my MOC’s stability and structural integrity. I suppose I could probably figure it out eventually, but I like it how it is. Thanks for understanding!

Edited by MrSean7310

Looks amazing! Cool truck and very detailed model! Not too familiar with the real vehicle but these trucks look a lot like the US HEMTT although with more cab space.  Do you plan to build one in the flesh, in a color where all parts are available? 

Thanks for the compliments! And while I haven't yet looked into available colors, I would more than love to build this in real LEGO bricks. I'll make sure to keep you updated! :)

Hey jakyasar, thanks for the nice words! And as I have previously said, I don't know what colors are available to make this in, but if I find out, I'll definitely try to make instructions available! 

On 7/26/2019 at 12:43 AM, MrSean7310 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, BEHOLD: The Mighty MAZ 7310 Uragan Cargo Truck, in LEGO! This massive set, which I have designed over the course of two years, stands almost ten inches tall, two feet long, and is comprised of almost 7,000 pieces. I sat at my computer for hours a day, sometimes, surfing the web, looking at blueprints, building, deleting, building some more, etc. And now, finally, I can reveal my masterpiece to the world! Bwa-ha-ha! Okay, anyway, I have designed my set for maximum playability, stuffing it full of all sorts of awesome goodies, like opening hood, doors, tailgate, and utility boxes. A removable roof, folding rear seats, free-spinning wheels (including the steering wheel), two Diesel engine options, a generator, compressor, radiator, Master Mechanic's Toolkit, fuel and water drums, 12v batteries, large cargo container, winch, wide-load flags, roof racks, warning beacon, fog lights, two sets of mirrors, lightbars, and more! (Whew! I'm out of breath!) Now, for the real machine: The MAZ 7310 (Minsk Automobile Plant, in Russian), was a large 8-wheeled Missile Transport truck built in the 1950s and 60s. Soon after, people started using them as cargo trucks, tankers, tow trucks, and airport fire trucks. Alright, that's it! Thank you all for looking at my LEGO creation! If you have any questions, comment, I'll do my best to respond ASAP. Happy building and have a great day!

Bug, You truly amaze me. Your creativity and imagination combined with your hard work has shown through in the MAZ 7310 Uragan Cargo Truck’s design. I am proud of you and all the effort you put forth every day - in your projects, in what you put your mind to and as my son. Your greatest fan, dad   

Edited by Jim
Removed images from quote

Hi @dad2Sean,

Welcome to EB!!

Please be aware that quoting lots of images is frowned upon. Please quote some text and maybe a single image, but try to to avoid quoting a big post with lots of pictures.

Have fun!

It could

On 7/26/2019 at 5:25 AM, MrSean7310 said:

I would more than love to build this in real LEGO bricks.

It could be probably built in Dark Bluish Grey, with black wheels.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, M_longer said:

It could be probably built in Dark Bluish Grey, with black wheels.

Yeah, I'm working on that right now. Most of it can be built in black with dark bluish grey trim, but the windows and windshield pieces are not available in any transparent colors. If anybody happens to know somebody that can make custom clear bricks, please comment or PM me. Thanks!