On 7/24/2020 at 1:59 AM, Ragana9289 said:

And which series will replace the Hidden Side ?

Likely nothing, as it was it's own thing outside of the usual flow of themes. It was a "digital theme," rather than an "Action Theme" or a "Big Bang Theme"

Too  bad. I really like the theme. I would have loved to get the lady E minifig. That won’t happen. I feel it’s the second time that I wish to have the bad guy in minifig form and that it gets cancelled Before we do. The other time was with Lego Dimensions. 
I got quite a few sets and plan on getting most of the new ones coming out. I wasn’t into the app. First experience with the app was with the free juice bar. I mean lack of experience. I thought they gave away this freebee for people to try and experience the app and the game. I called the lego team when I wasn’t able to find the juice bar in the app and they told me that it wouldn’t be part of it. 
I never got back into the app again. but still bought the sets because I felt they looked good. I will be building/rebuilding them leaving out the “transforming / app” stuff. And make a small newbury space in my city. 

Theres been a few themes where lego never made a minifig of the main villains, examples: Sauron, Witch King (in armor) -LotR, Monstrux - Nexo Knights, Lady E., Boss Ghosts - Hidden Side, Lord Vortex - Lego Dimensions.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

58 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Theres been a few themes where lego never made a minifig of the main villains, examples: Sauron, Witch King (in armor) -LotR, Monstrux - Nexo Knights, Lady E., Boss Ghosts - Hidden Side, Lord Vortex - Lego Dimensions.

But why??:) I want those:)

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Don’t forget the Preeminent from Ninjago: Ghost Story (I know it’s technically called Possession, but come on, Ghost Story is a much cooler name for that arc). And we didn’t get The Overlord until the Legacy sets . . 

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

And we didn’t get The Overlord until the Legacy sets . . 

We got the Overlord way back in 2013 (set 70505 - Temple of Light) and again in 2014 (set 70728 - Battle for Ninjago City). The 2013 figure was him possessing Garmadon's body and 2014 was the Golden Master version from Rebooted. The Legacy version is a mix of possessed Garmadon and Golden Master, the main Overlord form we have yet to see is his dragon form. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

We got the Overlord way back in 2013 (set 70505 - Temple of Light) and again in 2014 (set 70728 - Battle for Ninjago City). The 2013 figure was him possessing Garmadon's body and 2014 was the Golden Master version from Rebooted. The Legacy version is a mix of possessed Garmadon and Golden Master, the main Overlord form we have yet to see is his dragon form. 

I don’t count the Golden Master, and sure, that was the Overlord in the Temple of Light, if Garmadon with an extra attachment to his helmet and a staff that neither Overlord nor Garmadon ever actually used is the Overlord . . 

Sadly almost time to unfollow this topic then, especially if you lot are talking about Ninjago...

I might still get the Castle when the price drops a bit more, but I wonder how low the total production on it will be if they know it'll retire already.

Wave 1 seemed to have very high production numbers as prices were generally low , also no covid affecting factories at that time.

Still, it's sad to see a theme retire in less then 2 years, when it's first wave of sets is still being sold, even Nexo or Chima didn't have that as they had 5 waves, not 3.

Edited by TeriXeri

29 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I might still get the Castle when the price drops a bit more, but I wonder how low the total production on it will be if they know it'll retire already.

Wave 1 seemed to have very high production numbers as prices were generally low , also no covid affecting factories at that time.

Still, it's sad to see a theme retire in less then 2 years, when it's first wave of sets is still being sold, even Nexo or Chima didn't have that as they had 5 waves, not 3.

From what I read online they will stop production and not produce anymore than what is already made and in the warehouses. So I’ll hurry to get it when it comes out

7 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Don’t forget the Preeminent from Ninjago: Ghost Story (I know it’s technically called Possession, but come on, Ghost Story is a much cooler name for that arc). And we didn’t get The Overlord until the Legacy sets . . 

The Preeminent would have been brick built, but I was referring to characters who didn't get a minifig, which is why I didn't include the Balrog from LotR.

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I don’t count the Golden Master, and sure, that was the Overlord in the Temple of Light, if Garmadon with an extra attachment to his helmet and a staff that neither Overlord nor Garmadon ever actually used is the Overlord . . 

If you don't want to count the Golden Master you can't really count the Legacy one, it's more based on his Golden Master appearance than anything else

On 7/27/2020 at 8:37 AM, Megbricks said:

Too  bad. I really like the theme. I would have loved to get the lady E minifig. That won’t happen. I feel it’s the second time that I wish to have the bad guy in minifig form and that it gets cancelled Before we do. The other time was with Lego Dimensions. 
I got quite a few sets and plan on getting most of the new ones coming out. I wasn’t into the app. First experience with the app was with the free juice bar. I mean lack of experience. I thought they gave away this freebee for people to try and experience the app and the game. I called the lego team when I wasn’t able to find the juice bar in the app and they told me that it wouldn’t be part of it. 
I never got back into the app again. but still bought the sets because I felt they looked good. I will be building/rebuilding them leaving out the “transforming / app” stuff. And make a small newbury space in my city. 

Yep, like the others said, Lady E now joins Lord Vortech. Sauron, and the Witch King for winning the "I Cant Believe Lego Never Made This Villian" award.  Maybe the key bad guys need to be ensured a first wave appearance regardless of how optimistic marketing is about the series. 

Your point regarding the Juice Bar is interesting.  That could in fact have been the biggest mistake, even more than the box design.  Had the Juice Bar been usable in the app, it could have been the "gateway drug" to this series for those unsure how it works.  By not making it app compatible and just a display set, there was really a missed opportunity here.  Hidden Side really needed a hook, and it just did not seem to be there.  I guess the Tree was the basic starter set that offered Lady E in the app, but offering an app compatible GWP set would probably have drawn in more people.  

Also quite surprised there was not a haunted house set.  I know it would have competed with the Creator one to some extent, but you would have me believe that every public place and vehicle in Newbury is haunted, yet the homes are all safe?

13 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Yep, like the others said, Lady E now joins Lord Vortech. Sauron, and the Witch King for winning the "I Cant Believe Lego Never Made This Villian" award.  Maybe the key bad guys need to be ensured a first wave appearance regardless of how optimistic marketing is about the series. 

Your point regarding the Juice Bar is interesting.  That could in fact have been the biggest mistake, even more than the box design.  Had the Juice Bar been usable in the app, it could have been the "gateway drug" to this series for those unsure how it works.  By not making it app compatible and just a display set, there was really a missed opportunity here.  Hidden Side really needed a hook, and it just did not seem to be there.  I guess the Tree was the basic starter set that offered Lady E in the app, but offering an app compatible GWP set would probably have drawn in more people.  

Also quite surprised there was not a haunted house set.  I know it would have competed with the Creator one to some extent, but you would have me believe that every public place and vehicle in Newbury is haunted, yet the homes are all safe?

It's often a tough issue with releasing a main villain early on. Narratively, it makes sense to "build up" to a major villain so that they are released as the story reaches a major climax (and so that people don't feel like their collections have all the "essentials" early on and feel no need to continue purchasing sets for increasingly obscure characters). Of course, the examples you list could not be more different. Sauron and the Witch King were part of an established story that had already wrapped upon the Lego theme's production, and likely only went unreleased because of disappointing sales. Whereas Vortech and Lady E were essentially designed as digital-only antagonists (as were most of the Hidden Side villains, to be honest) and might never have made their way into sets even if Lego Dimensions and Hidden Side had each continued for a third year. I feel the frustration of not having a physical antagonist to play with (as a constraction fan, I found both the viral antagonists for the Roboriders theme and the Morbuzakh plant from the 2004 Bionicle story underwhelming). But for Hidden Side, at least, I feel like Nehmaar Reem feels more dramatic and imposing than Lady E ever did anyway, even if his introduction did sort of feel like it came out of left field.

Regarding the lack of a haunted house, I feel like that also might have just been a casualty of this theme's distinct take on hauntings. Haunted houses are often portrayed as abandoned, and thus not the most likely to have civilian characters to possess and/or rescue. I feel like the Mystery Castle is really this theme's unique take on that subject—it's just a huge, castle-like manor rather than a more modest single-family home.

42 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I was really expecting a “Jack’s Haunted House” or “Parker’s Possessed Camper Van” or even a “Terrifying Treehouse”, yeah. It’s kind of weird that the only ‘good guy base’ set we got in this theme was the tiny JB’s Ghost Lab set. 

Edited by Fenghuang0296

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

That’s my worry as well. I’m trying to save money for the massive dollar amount HP is going to cost & I fear I may miss out on this last wave, notably the Castle & Fire Truck. There’s more of this theme I’d like to get, but time isn’t on my side here. I know I could always put off some HP purchases in favor of, but that’s my main theme right now. Decisions, decisions...:wall:

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That’s my worry as well. I’m trying to save money for the massive dollar amount HP is going to cost & I fear I may miss out on this last wave, notably the Castle & Fire Truck. There’s more of this theme I’d like to get, but time isn’t on my side here. I know I could always put off some HP purchases in favor of, but that’s my main theme right now. Decisions, decisions...:wall:

The HP sets will be there for a while so maybe focus on hidden side(the two sets that you want) before they disappear then save to get the HP ones. 

9 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

The HP sets will be there for a while so maybe focus on hidden side(the two sets that you want) before they disappear then save to get the HP ones. 

Yeah, that would be the smart move...however I’m always, well for the length this theme has been back, dying to get the new HP stuff as soon as I can. But I may have to make an exception in this case. At least until(if) we get an official idea of how long they’ll be on shelves. 

All seems very strange. Where did the the “cancelled” news come from exactly?

Incidentally, the HS book I preordered last November (JB’s Guide to Ghost Hunting with minifig) has finally been given a release/delivery date of August 4th. Still no cover art so remains to be be seen if it actually exists and will be sent out next week or not. I’ll update once I know more.

Just now, Lucarex said:

All seems very strange. Where did the the “cancelled” news come from exactly?

It came from StoneWars, which reported that all the Hidden Side sets would reach end of life by the end of 2020. 

But why discontinue the sets from the newest wave?That's what makes everyone so certain that the line has bitten the dust.

At first when reading the message from the Customer Servises person I thought it's just Lego trying to save face by denying the rumors but the mention about upcoming sets makes you wonder.Unless they're not lying then there are really more sets down the line.